Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. Adam and I guess Im the most current FNG (sure that will change momentarily). Based out of NJ, but my family has had a place in Southern VT, just outside Manchester, since I was a kid. My wife, and now new son, are up there 2 weekends a month, along with our yellow Lab.

Just picked up a 2019 Ford Expedition FX4 longbody, so won't be doing anything super technical, but I got room to spare :) Ton's of experience riding the trails of VT on snowmobiles for the past 25 years or so. Some quads too.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all

location- Las Vegas,Nv
Vehicle- 2018 Jeep JKU
Experience- Novice but I love the outdoors/camping and off-roading so why not mix them.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding.

There is a local meet-up run by @The Lone Overlander contact him for more information.

Johnny

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oviedo, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ritz
Hey All!

John here from Oviedo, Florida (NE subarb of Orlando)
Current vehicle (not yet a 'rig') is a 2015 Outback 3.6
Up til a month ago I was running a 2018 4Runner TRD ORP that I lovingly tweaked - I'll try to attach a pic below.
Enjoyed a portion of the TAT in Feb 19 in the 4R which is where the icon pic came from. Also used to dual-sport quite a bit locally on a KTM690 Enduro. Done some mountainbiking in CO and Moab and NC.

Life happens sometimes. So I opted for the Outback when I needed to move the 4Runner. Progress will be a little slower on the build but OB has been a great reference for information and inspiration!

Happy to be onboard - safe travels!

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Reactions: kkriewald

Pureevil13

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cary, Il
First Name
Lonnie
Last Name
Walker
New Member here.
My name is Lonnie
Rig: 2017 Toyota Tacoma Sport (Mildly Modified)
Overland Experience: Somewhere between Novice and Medium

My 3 Adult kids and I enjoy the outdoors and spend as much time as we can getting out there and enjoying being under the day and night skies.

IMG_4780.jpg

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
Hey All from Elk Plain, WA

Well I've been over landing, exploring for a lot of years. Recently started wheeling and playing a little harder, love rock gardens. I have a 2011 FJ Cruiser, typical build I suppose so far, bigger tires, new suspension 2nd round :-) went with Dobisinson this time, thicker skids from ReszFab (ordered!!! YAY - kind of destroyed the front 2 skids and lost the transmission one), Expedition One Bumper and rails, CSI Brute winch, working on my HAM license right now, lots of recovery gear and survival gear of course.

The Mountain is where my heart and soul reside so I must visit often. I live by Mt. Rainier and spend as much time as possible exploring the area.

This pic was taken from FJ Summit on the way up Imogene Pass out of Ouray, CO IMG_7461.jpg

Michael Hollis

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Monticello, Arkansas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Hollis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke5hqt
Hello Michael (@Michael Hollis), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham. Feel free to join our weekly Echolink net on Friday evenings.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Don't worry if you don't have an Echolink/DMR/Allstar repeater capabilities, many of us use the Echolink app.
If you use an Android device and assistance with Echolink, hopefully this will help: Echolink App (Android)
Thank' s for welcoming me to Overland Bound. I haven't been active on ham radio for a number of years. I will have to get me another 2m/70cm radio. Looking forward to outfitting my jeep and getting outdoors.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

ukinc8

Rank 0

Contributor I

North East Tennessee
First Name
Hugh
Last Name
Kincaid
Member #

Greetings all!!

New member Hugh here.

I'm a hillbilly in the Northeast of Tennessee.

Spent most of my adult life in Central Florida, but hillbillies are like salmon, they have to swim back upstream again!!

I have had my 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams since April.

I just discovered Overlanding a year ago. Up until then my "overlanding" was hiking an camping the Appalachian Trail.

I took the Driving Experience a couple of times at Expo East this year.

I guess all that makes me a novice!!

Here is a picture of my rig just off the AT.
Hugh's FJC.jpg

2RiversRanchExpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Dayville, OR, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Letosky
Member #

Hello and glad to be here!
Located in rural central/eastern Oregon.
We have a 2001 4Runner and just got a fully built 2015 4Runner.
We are experienced offroaders looking to learn from others as well as to share our knowledge and love for the wilderness. We host free family-friendly overlanding events at our ranch every year! Check us out and our next event and hit us up if you are in our area.DSC_0021.jpg

Last edited:

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Everett Washington
Awesome! I'm on Whidbey Island! Hope to see you around!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: kkriewald

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey All from Elk Plain, WA

Well I've been over landing, exploring for a lot of years. Recently started wheeling and playing a little harder, love rock gardens. I have a 2011 FJ Cruiser, typical build I suppose so far, bigger tires, new suspension 2nd round :-) went with Dobisinson this time, thicker skids from ReszFab (ordered!!! YAY - kind of destroyed the front 2 skids and lost the transmission one), Expedition One Bumper and rails, CSI Brute winch, working on my HAM license right now, lots of recovery gear and survival gear of course.

The Mountain is where my heart and soul reside so I must visit often. I live by Mt. Rainier and spend as much time as possible exploring the area.

This pic was taken from FJ Summit on the way up Imogene Pass out of Ouray, CO View attachment 124587
Welcome from up North ( Whidbey Island)!

-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are Member Reps in the Willamette Valley area and always have something planned! They can also help answer any questions you may have. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: FJRebelGirl

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello and glad to be here!
Located in rural central/eastern Oregon.
We have a 2001 4Runner and just got a fully built 2015 4Runner.
We are experienced offroaders looking to learn from others as well as to share our knowledge and love for the wilderness. We host free family-friendly overlanding events at our ranch every year! Check us out and our next event and hit us up if you are in our area.
Welcome from up North (WA)! I'll definitely look into the free events! Need to get to Oregon more.

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are your local Member Reps in the Willamette valley and can answer any questions you may have!

If you need anything else, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

FJRebelGirl

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Elk Plain, WA, USA
First Name
Misty
Last Name
Tena
Welcome from up North ( Whidbey Island)!

@Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are Member Reps in the Willamette Valley area and always have something planned! They can also help answer any questions you may have. If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thank you :blush:

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

OilBurner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
STERLING
Last Name
CROSSON
Member #

Hello, OB family!
I am currently driving a 1993 diesel Land Cruiser Prado ( I just picked her up about two weeks ago)
Located in Bend,OR
What I like most about Overlanding is that I can still backpack like i've done for the past 19 years except now my backpack has an engine four wheels and a comfy tent on top.
Here she is
20191030_142423 c.jpg