Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey David! Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to see you made your way over here. Good looking XJ. There are quite a few XJers here as well.
Echolink Net: Every Friday
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130 (Echolink app works well)

You are in the Rocky Mountain region area so you might check out that region subforum: U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
Also here's a little more on the Day(s) of Dirt Adventure event: Day of Dirt Adventure, a back road tour of Oklahoma's forgotten history.

Krazy Klimber

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Alek
Last Name
Krallman
Member #

Hello Overland Bound,

I am Alek.

I drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma, V6 Manual, TRD Offroad

I have done a few overland/offroad trips and need more in my life.

I would say I am experienced in the outdoors, i.e. hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, but still not very experienced when it comes to using a vehicle. I mostly just want to take the vehicle as far as I can and then get to the top on foot...

The truck...

IMG_4022.png

Druckel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

4843 North Wabash Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64118, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Ruckel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0THT
Hey David! Welcome from Oklahoma. Glad to see you made your way over here. Good looking XJ. There are quite a few XJers here as well.
Echolink Net: Every Friday
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130 (Echolink app works well)

You are in the Rocky Mountain region area so you might check out that region subforum: U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)
Also here's a little more on the Day(s) of Dirt Adventure event: Day of Dirt Adventure, a back road tour of Oklahoma's forgotten history.
Thank you for your help. Looking forward to getting involved and meeting new people!

Taco-Pop

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Five Points, Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Price
Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have a HAM, just need license- open to suggestions
Hey Overland Community. I'm Rob
I'm very new to overlanding. We just bought a 08 Tacoma with a Four Wheel Camper. The previous owner did a great job outfitting it for just about anything. Now I just have to take advantage of it all.
Looking forward to tips on trips, packing, and gear. I

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Alek (@Krazy Klimber ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Krazy Klimber

climber404

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverdale, MD, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Zuk
Member #

Hey all. Guess I'm the newest one here. I'm David and I'm just outside of Washington DC in Maryland. My rig is a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I just about resurrected from the dead. Now that all the needed repairs were done, it's time to get the toys. I've had trucks, or subies, most of my life, but I'm pretty new to the idea of overlanding. Looking forward to getting some good info and ideas on places to ride.

Cheers.

David

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
Hi all! Glad to be here.
From snowy Colorado Springs (at least today).
We explore in a 2011 Jeep JKU that is continually “upgraded”. I also ride a severely modified KLR 685 for trips also.
I have been exploring by vehicle since I was kid and have never really stopped.

Cheers, Chad

FEA40F64-5D92-4DBC-8398-55526329808E.jpeg
43DD8AF6-61CA-44DD-B38D-AB046651609A.jpeg
875DA003-0970-49BE-9635-4680AFA99133.jpeg

jasonmichels

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Michels
Member #

Hi everyone, I’m Jason and I live in Minneapolis, MN. I recently purchased a 2015 RAM 1500. My family and I enjoy mountain biking and camping, so the main focus of the build will be to carry bikes and to be able to camp wherever we ride. We will also be doing some dispersed camping off the beaten path, so I want it to be capable enough.
674BB43D-985F-48AB-BF11-744320611077.jpeg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello, OB family!
I am currently driving a 1993 diesel Land Cruiser Prado ( I just picked her up about two weeks ago)
Located in Bend,OR
What I like most about Overlanding is that I can still backpack like i've done for the past 19 years except now my backpack has an engine four wheels and a comfy tent on top.
Here she is
View attachment 124729
Awesome rig!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

Member Reps @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are in the Willamette Valley and always have something going!
If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: kkriewald

WoodsTheFirst

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fresno, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Woods
Hey all, I am Chris. My wife and I are currently living in Fresno, CA. We are relatively novice overland enthusiasts, but have years of experience camping all across the state. My wife and I are attracted to overlanding because our knees just can't take us where we need to go all of the time, and we aren't old. :grimacing::tearsofjoy:

At the moment, I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, V6 4x4. Looking to sell it for a Land Cruiser here in the near future. And here she is on top of Bald Mountain/Shaver Lake, CA.

Attachments

geekinawe

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Goodyear, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4PUA
Hello world!

My name is Jim Kelly. My family and I love to offroad in our 2015 Jeep Wrangler. It was only a matter of time until we migrated into the world of overland.

I have a bit of a split personality on social media. My personal Instagram (@geekinawe) is where I typically post about non-Jeep topics that interest me (family, weather, etc). My Jeep's Instagram (@my2015blackwidow) is where I post all things Jeep and overland.

I love exploring and learning!

Professionally, I am an IT Analyst & Consultant.

3027.jpeg

Krazy Klimber

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Alek
Last Name
Krallman
Member #

Hello Alek (@Krazy Klimber ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Thanks, going to check out the Region info now...