Contributor I

St Johns, FL, USA
First Name
Tam
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Hello!

I am new to Overlanding. I just purchased a used 2017 Ram 2500 Hemi two months ago with the intent of pulling a toyhauler around. I watched a YouTube video about Overlanding and was hooked. My truck is still stock with a stock 4x4 Offroad package.
I attended Overland Expo East a few weeks back and met some really great people. I live in north Florida, south jacksonville area. I can’t wait to get going. I am also hoping to meet someone that can give me some suggestions on where to go locally and how to engage others with similar interests.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

How do I post pictures
If your pics are saved to your computer, click on the Image Icon(rod circle).
Then click in the Drop Image Box and go to where the pic is saved on your computer.
Click the Image you want to post and click on OPEN.
This will place the pic into your post.

pics.png

LCRussell85

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Russell
Member #

My girlfriend and I are new to Overland Bound and fairly new to overlanding in general. We just moved to Tucson from central IL. We have a 4 Runner and enjoy hiking, biking, camping, and traveling. We’ve been out a few times and have a lot more planned. Anxious to meet some like-minded people and make new friends in our area.E9C96ED2-7ACA-4729-8AA5-E5C5E1950D7D.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@Mechanized), welcome from Oklahoma. I dig the name, a while back I jokingly came up with a name for my "overland" social media of Mechanized Overland.
Mechanized Overland.png

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the East Valley, Phoenix Meet up in Gilbert for the end of next month.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Lance (@LCRussell85 ), welcome from Oklahoma. Welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep and eye out for the Southern Arizona meet up, every 3rd Thursday of the month at the Button Brew House (6800 N Camino Martin, Tucson, AZ) from 6-8-ish PM.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My girlfriend and I are new to Overland Bound and fairly new to overlanding in general. We just moved to Tucson from central IL. We have a 4 Runner and enjoy hiking, biking, camping, and traveling. We’ve been out a few times and have a lot more planned. Anxious to meet some like-minded people and make new friends in our area.View attachment 124453
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: kkriewald

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

I'm a friend of CR-Venturer, and he sent me a link to his description of our trip up to Kitsault, BC, Canada.
I'm essentially a novice. I had a Baja bug that I used to drive all over BC 30 years ago, but then I got into sports cars and motorcycles. I recently bought a 2006 Hummer H3 and I've started heading out there again. Glad to be here!
View attachment 124437

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I am new to Overlanding. I just purchased a used 2017 Ram 2500 Hemi two months ago with the intent of pulling a toyhauler around. I watched a YouTube video about Overlanding and was hooked. My truck is still stock with a stock 4x4 Offroad package.
I attended Overland Expo East a few weeks back and met some really great people. I live in north Florida, south jacksonville area. I can’t wait to get going. I am also hoping to meet someone that can give me some suggestions on where to go locally and how to engage others with similar interests.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . A great local OLB contact is Joe and Jackie T. @Gen5Runner

Reactions: Gen5Runner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Paul checking in from Eastern, CT. Have a '20 JL Unlimited Rubicon. Am definitely a novice at overlanding, but excited to get involved in the community. Went out on a "wheeling" trip with one of the local clubs, but the simple main trail we were on was about as hard a trail as I want to run. Looking for more of a mild offroad exploring community to connect with, where the the people connections and adventures are more important than how big a boulder I can climb over.

View attachment 124381

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all. Adam and I guess Im the most current FNG (sure that will change momentarily). Based out of NJ, but my family has had a place in Southern VT, just outside Manchester, since I was a kid. My wife, and now new son, are up there 2 weekends a month, along with our yellow Lab.

Just picked up a 2019 Ford Expedition FX4 longbody, so won't be doing anything super technical, but I got room to spare :) Ton's of experience riding the trails of VT on snowmobiles for the past 25 years or so. Some quads too.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.