Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hey y’all! From northern colorado, just bought a 2014 WK2 looking to build into an overlanding rig, but i also have a 1974 cj5 that’s been used for moderate off roading! excited to be here and build with everyone.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Karen from New Mexico. I'm completely new to Overlanding and looking to learn.
Current Vehicle: 2013 Lexus LX 570
Overland Experience: newbie
Why Overlanding?: more comfortable access to hiking/climbing/skiing etc.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. I'm Nate from Western North Carolina. I initially had an Isuzu Trooper I wanted to use for overlanding, but the trans took a dump, so now I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner. It was already lifted when I bought it, so that's nice. One day having it, and I already have some pinstriping. Being in WNC, I've done a little off-roading, but not experienced. View attachment 123689
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: gothnate

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, Michael from Newberg, OR. I just found out about Overlanding via a local veteran's group this year, and bought a 2000 Toyota Tacoma to learn technical driving and build out a vehicle. I've upgraded the brakes and suspension so far, researching what to do next. My goals are just to spend more time in the outdoors, and to learn a bunch of new stuff.

My current truck with a truck tent on it until I figure out what bed rack/RTT to choose:
View attachment 123688

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Matt from Lincoln, NE. Our Overlanding with 4 kids has mostly been in a minivan recently. We've done long trips and seen lots of national parks but at the end of the day we love exploring and we're always left wanting more when we hit the end of the pavement. Our 80 series Land Cruiser hasn't been a great option with so little space...and power for all of us and gear. We recently upgraded to a 200 series Land Cruiser and we're happy to finally get off the highway and find adventure. Our favorite spots to explore are Buena Vista to Ouray CO and hiking, mountain biking and climbing 14ers along the way.

Goals we set as a family this year are to explore all 50 states and 61 national parks over the next 5 years. By the end of this year we will be at 21 states and 19 parks.

View attachment 123647

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member here
southern middle tennessee
this is my 5th jeep, all before were specific to hunting, this is going to be a trail, trip, exploring jeep
2018 JL white Sahara bone stock for now
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative is @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Jürg ...
Current Vehicle: 1971 Land Rover 88
Previous Vehicle: 1961 Land Rover 109
Overland Experience: traveld 12 month around the US with the 109 Ländi back in 1982/83 ... and did some travels in Europe, Mexico, Canada
Why Overlanding?: Living outdoor in the nature is the best thing you can do

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative is @Robert OB 33/48

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

My name is Blair and I'm from SW Pennsylvania.

I'm and intermediate offroader, but brand new to overlanding.

I just bought a 2019 F150 4X4 SuperCrew short bed. I've already checked into the full size rig posts and said hello. It'll be a long build process, but I'm excited to start getting out there. A lot jealous of the folks out in the western states. ;)

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.

BCven

Rank I

Contributor III

Kentucky, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Cvengros
Hi there,
Blake here! I'm a lifelong outdoorsman (although there's been a gap in the last several years with starting my professional career and my family). Aside from hunting and camping when I was younger, most of my camping has been backcountry. Now that I have a wife and 5 month old twins I have to change the way I'm doing things! I currently don't have a setup, but I'm researching... my goal is to have a small trailer (watertight with a top) with a rack capable of holding a rooftop tent for finding camping options in more remote backcountry areas. I also want the ability to use the trailer as a general luggage trailer for when we travel with the kids and dog in my wife's Rav4. Most of the outdoor adventures would be taken in my 2012 Ram 1500, though. I have a camper topper on it and I've debated for years on whether a trailer or truck rack was the right option for RTT, but I think I've settled on the trailer for the multi-purpose functionality (oh yeah, I've thought about using it for tailgating for UK Football games, too!!). I've considered building my own (looking for a winter project)... I'm fairly handy and have plenty of tools, but most of my experience is with wood and I'm not flush with time so I'm open to buying, too. I'd like to keep the trailer budget friendly (again, twins). I'm wide open for anybody's suggestions/comments to help me on my journey.

Region: Kentucky
Vehicle: Ram 1500 and Toyota Rav4
Overland experience: Newbie
Rig: TBD
Offroad Experience: Minimal; mud trails in my younger years ("offroading" isn't necessarily the goal here, but the ability is important)

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Finally became an “Official” member with a number! OB Member 19653 checking in!

Name: Jeff
Rig: 2016 Lexus GX460
Welcome! Yeah you are right next door to our Ripon meet up. 3rd Sunday of every month, 1-3pm at Mountain Mike’s. We do about a trip a month or so, November 8-11th we are headed to Death Valley. It’s a great group of new and experienced drivers. Our meet up is on the calendar, come join us if you can!

Dave

atomiclab

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Angelo, TX
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Pope
Hello my name is Raul I'm from Mexico, more exactly Veracruz state , I started as an offroader but right now I'm more interested in overlanding that another thing, maybe some time do some light offroad, I live close to the volcano Pico de orizaba and all my life since I was a kid I do camping, acctually my grand pa and my father do hunting, I do that , not that frecuently but I do still, so thats way I already have all my gear for do some overlanding experiences.

When I was 16 years old my dad and I bought my firs car, and still have it 13 years ago Its a bronco II, I bought it in super nice conditions, sometimes I regret doing a lot of changes to my truck, but here we are:

Ford bronco ii 1987
302 + np435 + dana 20 (early bronco)
dana44hp / ford 9 and 4.88s with arb lockers
37x12.5 irock mounted in OEMl 7x15 ford rims warn 10000 winch
custom front bumper, rear modify original bumper to hold the weight of the tire
rancho 9000 shocks and rubicon express coil springs
interior as original as possible (original stereo lol)
custom made roof rack

planning of doing som drawing system to my truck (4 drawers)
doing it a custom made awning by myself

and the most improtant thing I'll love to overland from where I live to visit my sister in Madison Wi (a 3940 km travel from where I live, Cordoba Veracruz), do that travel would be amazing the problem its that maybe i don't have enough money to do that kind of trip. but as soon as I can I'll try to doit
View attachment 123428
Raul,
You have an awesome rig.
How do you like the d44 front/ 9" rear axle combo? I have been thinking about axles for my jeep a lot lately.