HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey guys! My name is Hailey and I was raised in Oregon. This is Linda my 88 4runner sr5.... my gorgeous 98% stock rig that I wouldnt sell for the world. This used to be my daily but I just bought an 2018 Corolla SE so the runner gets to rest. I travel 50-60 miles a day and the 12 MPG and wear and tear on a 30 year old car wasnt working for me. This picture was the first time this car ever saw mud and my first time driving in mud....Ill say both of us did pretty well :)
I cant wait to meet people and make new friends here.

View attachment 47332
Nice!

Reactions: PintSize

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

View attachment 47361

My name is Travis from Keizer, OR. I’m new to Overland Bound and in the process of building my expo trailer.
Hi, and welcome to OB!

Nice looking trailer you've got going there. Are you building from a kit or plans? What material are you using. Looks very sturdy. If you are using a kit or have plans, I'm curious to see where you got them. I've been thinking of doing a trailer as well.

Thanks

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Parker1313

Rank V
Launch Member

Benefactor

Desert Aire, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi, Im Parker from Seattle WA. I currently have a 2001 Wrangler that I inherited from my dad, so in honor of him I better become as skilled at off roading as he was and keep getting this thing dirty. I also ride dual sport. My family and I spend most of our free time in Eastern WA.

Travis Klein

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keizer, OR
Member #

Welcome Travis. The build looks great so far. Can't wait to see the rest of the build. What's your goal for outfitting the trailer? Fridge, stove, gear?
IMG_1178.jpg

It will have a full slide with oven/stove. 20 gallon water tank on it. Other than that, would be your typical gear hauler. Eventually I’d like to get a RTT, but that would be down the road a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Travis Klein

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Keizer, OR
Member #

Hi, and welcome to OB!

Nice looking trailer you've got going there. Are you building from a kit or plans? What material are you using. Looks very sturdy. If you are using a kit or have plans, I'm curious to see where you got them. I've been thinking of doing a trailer as well.

Thanks
I haven’t gone by any plans. Just my own thoughts and ideas. It’s a pretty basic 4x6 box and a 4’ tongue. Something to toss the gear in and go! The frame is all 2x3 tube. 1.5” square and some 1x3 for most of the rest. Finished off with 12 and 16 gauge sheet metal.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 47403

It will have a full slide with oven/stove. 20 gallon water tank on it. Other than that, would be your typical gear hauler. Eventually I’d like to get a RTT, but that would be down the road a few years.

Nice! Definitely do the build out for an RTT, even if you get the tent down the road.

Christifer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego CA 92114
First Name
Christifer
Last Name
Bucher
Member #

Service Branch
Veteran
Rig: 2003 Hummer H2
not to many mods mostly stock
Exp: Average (desert/trails/some rock crawling but not with the H2)

Reactions: NorthStar96

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I haven’t gone by any plans. Just my own thoughts and ideas. It’s a pretty basic 4x6 box and a 4’ tongue. Something to toss the gear in and go! The frame is all 2x3 tube. 1.5” square and some 1x3 for most of the rest. Finished off with 12 and 16 gauge sheet metal.
It looks nice and stout. Very nicely done. I like how you did it. I was thinking of doing something similar, though I was going to go a tiny bit wider, thinking 6x8 or something near there. Still brainstorming though.

Reactions: PintSize

RowdyOutside

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, Virginia
First Name
mike
Last Name
bickel
Member #

Hey @RowdyOutside - welcome to OB, a fast growing, diverse, and widely dispersed group! All sorts of skill levels and experience here. You're in VA, eh? Might want to check out this thread, about a casual meet-n-greet type thing being set up for the East Region: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/ob-full-east-region-meet-and-greet.12607/

Good for you for taking your kids with when you can. You will all have memories you won't ever forget.

See you out there somewhere, someday. . .

Road
Hey Road, thank you for the link! I’ll check it out. And yes, hopefully we’ll cross mud trodden paths someday.

Reactions: Road and PintSize

Shallow Water Steve

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Coos Bay, OR
Member #

Hey everyone,

-Annapolis, MD (for now)...
-2002 4Runner SR5
-Loved getting offroad and being outdoors ever since I got the stock 4Runner from my Dad in college. Finally got around to joining the group! In the military so I try and explore wherever I'm stationed. My recent tour in Puerto Rico for a few years provided some great opportunities. Hoping for orders out west and an excuse to buy and build a 2018 Tacoma in the near future.

IMG_2529.jpeg

Attachments

OutThere16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Az
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
T
Member #

- Phoenix, AZ
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler (Sport)
- Love to hike and camp but new to overlanding. I was finally able to purchase my first Jeep last summer and have been making small upgrades since. I joined this community to get some insight on how I can start my overland journey right! My current focus is overhauling my cargo area to incorporate more storage for equipment but also for my dogs. Hoping this community will lead me to some great ideas and new friends.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey everyone,

-Annapolis, MD (for now)...
-2002 4Runner SR5
-Loved getting offroad and being outdoors ever since I got the stock 4Runner from my Dad in college. Finally got around to joining the group! In the military so I try and explore wherever I'm stationed. My recent tour in Puerto Rico for a few years provided some great opportunities. Hoping for orders out west and an excuse to buy and build a 2018 Tacoma in the near future.

View attachment 47443
Welcome aboard Shallow Water Steve. There are many places to be station at out west. Hope your orders come through and you join us in out neck of the woods. :sunglasses: