Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Phoenix, Az
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
T
Member #

Good looking jeep and welcome. What have you done so far in mods?
Thank you! Everything I have done so far is purely cosmetic (this isn't really the right term but...) - new headlights (couldn't see squat with the stock ones), tail light cage covers, tailgate cover for molle packs, light bar (may be changing this out when I get a new bumper), hidden garage door button (I liked this more for everyday "safety") and shorter off-road antenna. My current project is building some sort of drawer system since I have removed the back seat. I haven't done any hardcore off-roading, mostly easy-moderate trails to get to my location so I have not needed any sort of lift or better tires yet. I'm sure as I learn and venture further I will find myself making more significant modifications.

Last edited:

byknphil

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Marshalltown Iowa
Member #

Hey,

Rigs: 2013 JKU, Africa Twin, Salsa Ti MukLuk
Experience: Moped camping in the early 80's with like minded high school hooligans. Since, we've had plenty experience campground camping. Want to start doing some BLM dispersed camping on our Colorado and Utah vacations.
IMG_20170527_061008562.jpg

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

New guy checking in. 1982 Jeep Cherokee, injected Amc 360, 4"lift, 33" Grabber X3's, RTT, Arb 2000 awning, and a few other mods. Located in central Oklahoma. New to overlanding but have been camping and wheeling for 20 plus years.
Sounds like a great jeep. welcome to OB.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Larry Wade

KenRonni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Welcome and nice suburban! We have a 2002 with the 8.1 as well and it's been an excellent overlander the last 9 years or so.

Looking forward to seeing more of yours on here as we don't see any out and about on the trails.

Hello from north idaho. I've been off roading most of my life. I am retired now so I have time to do it full time.
My rig for now is a 2001 k2500 suburban 8.1L and 4l80e with G80 locker.
Always happy to help if someone is in the area.

KenRonni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, Nevada
Member #

Thanks for the reply, it is nice to see a another renoite :). I'm happy to check out any overland vehicle no matter the type, brand etc. We picked up our Jku two weeks ago and have already been on a few trial runs with it around the area. Reno Bird Springs and pine nuts in Gardnerville. So far so good. I'm hoping it will prove to be as reliable as our old Trooper and especially our Suburban.

Nice rig... it's nice to see another 'Reno-ite.' As a newbie Overlander, I went with a Toyota 4Runner. If you're still checking the Wrangler out, go ahead and compare it to the 4Runner. It doesn't hurt to look. :sunglasses:

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Varmit2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chico CA
Member #

Hi! We are Luke and Darian in the Butte County CA area. We are working on our 1984 Jeep CJ7 to maintain it as a trail rider. We love the outdoors and this is our way of getting there! Darian is a begginer who is learning manual transmission and camping skills and Luke is an experienced camper and is learning his vehicle well. He is a do it yourself-er who has had a few off road trips with groups and solo that became positive experiences.

Attachments

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

CoconinoOverlander

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Gera. Well, after lurking, following on Instagram, and contemplating for awhile, I finally joined OverlandBound. I've been into Overlanding since moving to Arizona in December of 2016. I'm excited about this community and love spending time in my rig!
Rig: 2003 Toyota Landcruiser
Experience: Novice

Attachments

Mot44_99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ohio
Member #

Hello, Tom from central Ohio. I love outdoors, have 1979 Jeep CJ7........pretty stock (31", stinger bumper, 10k winch, T18 4 speed) 45kmiles original paint, New Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. I have limited "extreme" off road experience mostly due to central Ohio doesn't have lot of places. Planning trip this summer w/4Runner out west through SD, in Idaho White Rim, maybe south to Colorado......back home. Still in planning/preparation stages (want 10k winch/roof rack of some type + MORE on 4Runner). I'll upload some pic's later!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone, my name is Gera. Well, after lurking, following on Instagram, and contemplating for awhile, I finally joined OverlandBound. I've been into Overlanding since moving to Arizona in December of 2016. I'm excited about this community and love spending time in my rig!
Rig: 2003 Toyota Landcruiser
Experience: Novice
Welcome aboard Gera, from another novice overlander. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Old Griz

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello, Tom from central Ohio. I love outdoors, have 1979 Jeep CJ7........pretty stock (31", stinger bumper, 10k winch, T18 4 speed) 45kmiles original paint, New Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road. I have limited "extreme" off road experience mostly due to central Ohio doesn't have lot of places. Planning trip this summer w/4Runner out west through SD, in Idaho White Rim, maybe south to Colorado......back home. Still in planning/preparation stages (want 10k winch/roof rack of some type + MORE on 4Runner). I'll upload some pic's later!
Looking forward to see some pics of the 4Runner and the trip. and Welcome.

HunterMan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Everyone! My name is Hunter and I'm really excited to be apart of this community.

Rig: 2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (6inch Rancho lift, 35inch BFG's)
Experience: Overlanding is a new experience for me, however, I am very active in the outdoors lifestyle. I frequently go camping, ride ATVs/dirtbikes, and go jet skiing/boating. I have yet to use my rig to its full potential (its been a pavement queen the majority of its life).

Thanks!
IMG_7174.JPG

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello Everyone! My name is Hunter and I'm really excited to be apart of this community.

Experience: Overlanding is a new experience for me, however, I am very active in the outdoors lifestyle. I frequently go camping, ride ATVs/dirtbikes, and go jet skiing/boating. I have yet to use my rig to its full potential (its been a pavement queen the majority of its life).

Thanks!
View attachment 47620
Welcome Hunterman. I think you're mistaken about Not being an overlander. :smile: From your description, it sure sounds like you've been overlanding. :sunglasses:

Reactions: HunterMan

MNC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Looks like I get to be first to introduce myself!

Rig: 1996 Jeep XJ Cherokee
Experience: Mediocre.. lol :) Just an Overland nerd!
hello i just got my rig from denver was a great trip home cant wait to get out and explore the great steat of Nevada

Willmh3

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tennessee Colony, Texas
Member #

Thanks!
View attachment 47620
Thats a good looking rig. Always been partial to that particular body style. Welcome to the club.

Reactions: HunterMan

Gedeve

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Cruz, CA, USA
First Name
Gerben
Last Name
de Vries
Hey guys,

I'm originally from the Netherlands but now live in Watsonville,CA with my wife and 4 year old daughter. I've been a professional athlete, farmer/rancher and now am a digital marketer.
This allows me to travel around and we are currently living in Big Pine, CA Airbnb for a few months to enjoy this amazing area and Death Valley in particular.

I own an FJ62 from '89 that has about 279K miles on it.
3" Old Man Emu lift
40Gal long range tank
Roof Rack
and some more goodies.
Absolutely love driving this car and it's been very reliable.

I've been on Ih8mud for years and got curious about this community and actually met another member yesterday at the Zabrinski point in DV.

Hit me up if you're in the area!

Gerben
media-20180205 (1).jpg
Alabama Hills/Lone Pine

20171231_093332_preview.jpeg Racetrack, Death Valley
20180109_152907_preview.jpeg
Big Pine,CA

Griff

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Members,

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!
Rigs: '04 Ford Excursion / '04 Land Rover Discovery II / '73 Ford Bronco. (Not sure if pics will post as this is my first post...)
Overlanding Experience:
Eagle Boy Scout '74 / USAF Navigator Trained '81 / USAF SERE Trained '81 / FBI Retired '11 / Gov Contractor > Present

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, We Are Joe and Sally, we have been traveling and overlanding for awhile now but really getting set up this last couple of years. We have a 2012 off road Tacoma with an off road trailer and a RTT. We are going to be making several trips this year and looking forward to being involved with Overland Bound.