Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, We Are Joe and Sally, we have been traveling and overlanding for awhile now but really getting set up this last couple of years. We have a 2012 off road Tacoma with an off road trailer and a RTT. We are going to be making several trips this year and looking forward to being involved with Overland Bound.

Edgar Martinez

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tampa Florida.
Member #

hallo everyone. I am Edgar. From Valrico FL. Excited to join the group.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

McLovin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Albany, OR
Member #

Good Afternoon,

Just became a member and don’t currently have a rig. My experience level is less than novice if there is such a thing. Been doing a ton of research, watching lots of overland bound YouTube videos and reading a ton of articles. I’ve been collecting gear and searching for the right vehicle. I have a 3 year old and 4 year old boy that I want to get involved also. This is an awesome site and I can’t wait to keep growing my knowledge. I am located in Albany, OR.

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey guys,

I'm originally from the Netherlands but now live in Watsonville,CA with my wife and 4 year old daughter. I've been a professional athlete, farmer/rancher and now am a digital marketer.
This allows me to travel around and we are currently living in Big Pine, CA Airbnb for a few months to enjoy this amazing area and Death Valley in particular.

I own an FJ62 from '89 that has about 279K miles on it.
3" Old Man Emu lift
40Gal long range tank
Roof Rack
and some more goodies.
Absolutely love driving this car and it's been very reliable.

I've been on Ih8mud for years and got curious about this community and actually met another member yesterday at the Zabrinski point in DV.

Hit me up if you're in the area!

Gerben
View attachment 47627
Alabama Hills/Lone Pine

View attachment 47629 Racetrack, Death Valley
View attachment 47630
Big Pine,CA

Love the Dinosaur Rock shot. It's always a must have photo op. Oh...and Welcome. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your adventures.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi everyone,
Looking forward to being in the community. Getting ready to retire and am intrigued in the Overlanding lifestyle. Hope to (need to) learn a lot from you all.
Rig: Had a 2004 Rubicon. Now have 2016 GMC Sierra 4x4. Planning on 2018 Rubicon later this year.
Welcome to the community. Interesting way to add your location. :sunglasses: It's good to see another retiree (or almost retiree) intrigued about overlanding.

Joe Hunt

Local Expert Iowa, USA
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mechanicsville Iowa
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ke0uvb
Service Branch
USAF
Hello all , just joined a short time ago. We have been overlanding for awhile , but always willing to share advice and learn more. Has anyone done the Trans American Trail? We are going to give it ago this summer, any advice? 2012 off road tacoma, with a roof top tent, ARB fridge and front and rear off road bumpers.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Joseph Mongillo

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Camarillo, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Mongillo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WLT
Hey guys, my name is Joseph and I'm excited to join the community here! I'm located in the greater Los Angeles area, but I'm brand new to the entire off roading / overlanding scene. I just got a new to me 2009 Tacoma and couldn't be more stoked to start exploring.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

Hello OB, joined up today after reading and watching on YouTube for a few months. I'm in Southern Arizona. 2006 Nissan Pathfinder with a PRG products lift. Nice daily driver and fits the family of 6 for the trips. Needed a little more space so we just picked up a M101 CDN2. I may be posting for some advice on that later.

Been camping most my life. Mostly base camping now trying to get the kids into it.View attachment 47229 View attachment 47230 View attachment 47231
Hello AZcat,
welcome to OB. Nice looking Pathfinder. I just bought a 2007 model an i‘m excited about some mods others do to there R51s

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: AZcat

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 47729 Rig: 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT3 4X4.
Novice, but always wanted a rig.
Welcome. It looks like you have a good platform to start your modifications. Make sure you post pics in the build thread as you do your adds. Of course I'm assuming your adding to the Blazer :sunglasses:. So what are your plans?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey guys, my name is Joseph and I'm excited to join the community here! I'm located in the greater Los Angeles area, but I'm brand new to the entire off roading / overlanding scene. I just got a new to me 2009 Tacoma and couldn't be more stoked to start exploring.
Welcome. In my opinion, you've come to the right place. You'll find a bunch of great threads on what to do and where to go.

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Good Evening,

My name is Juan Padilla, and I represent Wasakaka4WD, an Overland Group based in Caracas, Venezuela.

Looking forward to make new friends around the globe, share our experiences, show you our vehicles and pictures!

Juan Padilla
Wasakaka4WD
Caracas, Venezuela
Welcome to Overland Bound!!! Great looking rig!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Wasakaka4wd

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hi my name is Stacy Bell and I live in Squamish British Columbia Canada
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I look forward to meeting new people and learning new stuff

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi and welcome to OB. That is a nicely set up Jeep GC. Looks great. Bet it's a lot of fun.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app