Launch Member

Traveler I

2820 Lincoln Ave San Diego, CA
First Name
The
Last Name
Lovans
Member #

Hello, Rhea and Valerie here to introduce ourselves.

1) A pic of our rig is on our profile page :)
2) We're in San Diego, CA
3) We drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU) with a few self-installed mods (bumper, winch, budget boost, skid plate, heavy duty spare tire carrier, interior cargo rack, etc.)
4) I estimate we have intermediate short-run Overlanding Experience (lots of primitive weekend off-road and camp trips) including recently completing a Mojave Road adventure with one other vehicle, so we're looking forward to some group trips with OB!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

3) We drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU) with a few self-installed mods (bumper, winch, budget boost, skid plate, heavy duty spare tire carrier, interior cargo rack, etc.)
4) I estimate we have intermediate short-run Overlanding Experience (lots of primitive weekend off-road and camp trips) including recently completing a Mojave Road adventure with one other vehicle, so we're looking forward to some group trips with OB!
Hi Reah and Valerie - welcome to OB! Nice looking JKU! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: JSTaRCK

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
Hello fellow adventurers!
Tyler and Lauren here, currently in Lakewood, CO
We have a '13 JK on 37s

More of a crawling background and just camping out of the jeep. That photo was from the rubicon last month. Currently gearing up for more of a overland style trip early next year around the southwest and then into Baja. Going to build a trailer for an rtt and to carry camping gear.

Excited to be here and already enjoying the helpful trip reports!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

We have a '13 JK on 37s

More of an crawling background, just camping out of the jeep. That photo was from the rubicon last month. Currently gearing up for more of a overland style trip early next year around the southwest and then into Baja. Going to build a trailer for an rtt and to carry camping gear.

Hi tyler and Lauren - welcome to OB! Nice looking JK! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

seal

Rank 0

Traveler I

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

seal

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi I'm John .... My Buddies call me Seal.
I have been rebuilding a 1996 F-350 7.3 Turbo Diesel, and have been thinking of turning it into an Outbound Rig !

Here She is .....
I live in central Massachusetts and have hunted and camped northern New England a few times over the years.
I am a You Tube aficionado, as far as Outland experience goes.
I would welcome any thoughts on how to proceed with the rest of my build ... ( I am not a Bazillionaire ) !!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have been rebuilding a 1996 F-350 7.3 Turbo Diesel, and have been thinking of turning it into an Outbound Rig !

Here She is .....
I live in central Massachusetts and have hunted and camped northern New England a few times over the years.
I would welcome any thoughts on how to proceed with the rest of my build ... ( I am not a Bazillionaire ) !!
Hello Seal and welcome to the OB crew

Reactions: seal

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Rhea and Valerie, welcome to the OB crew...nice Jeep and can't wait to see your adventures

Last edited:
Reactions: JSTaRCK

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

We have a '13 JK on 37s

More of a crawling background and just camping out of the jeep. That photo was from the rubicon last month. Currently gearing up for more of a overland style trip early next year around the southwest and then into Baja. Going to build a trailer for an rtt and to carry camping gear.

Hello Tyler and Lauren and welcome to the OB crew..great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Here She is .....
Hi Seal and welcome to OB! Nice looking F350! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: seal

Chris Adams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone! I'm Chris, I live in Nashville. I've got a 2016 4runner sr5 with some Falken Wildpeaks. No big mods yet.
I'm as new as it gets, first 4x4. Looking to find a chance to get offroad and gain some knowledge.

Reactions: Mogwai and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Chris, I live in Nashville. I've got a 2016 4runner sr5 with some Falken Wildpeaks. No big mods yet.
I'm as new as it gets, first 4x4. Looking to find a chance to get offroad and gain some knowledge.

Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all, Sean and Cassie here. We live in the Tulsa Oklahoma area. Currently driving a 2003 UMME as you can see, usually some shade of brown. Love off roading and camping so overlanding seemed like the natural progression. Looking forward to exploring new trails and meeting many of you!
Hello Sean and Cassie, and welcome to the OB crew...great looking rig..look forward to seeing your adventures

m3lspec

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Igor and I am from Los Angeles CA.

My first introduction to off road was a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 2wd, and that got me interested and excited in off road traveling. I then bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited which I build for camping and overland travel, but after a few trips with it I realized that a bit more power is needed for highway driving, we all want to spend most time in a dirt, but realistically getting there has to happen first. I just got a 1999 Lexus LX470 which is going to be built with all the knowledge that I gained in the last few years and lessons learned.

My overlanding experience is more of novice, but I have done a few trips. The biggest thing I learned is not to cram too many plans, have some flexibility on a trip and just get out there!

Looking forward to learning from the good people of this group!

My Montero

Sweet looking montero!

Reactions: Mogwai and smh34209