• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings Everyone,

My name is Igor and I am from Los Angeles CA.

My first introduction to off road was a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 2wd, and that got me interested and excited in off road traveling. I then bought a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited which I build for camping and overland travel, but after a few trips with it I realized that a bit more power is needed for highway driving, we all want to spend most time in a dirt, but realistically getting there has to happen first. I just got a 1999 Lexus LX470 which is going to be built with all the knowledge that I gained in the last few years and lessons learned.

My overlanding experience is more of novice, but I have done a few trips. The biggest thing I learned is not to cram too many plans, have some flexibility on a trip and just get out there!

Looking forward to learning from the good people of this group!

My Montero

New LX470 project

Hi Igor and welcome to OB! Nice looking LX! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Igorskiy

mattarm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Matt
1) Picture
2) Location - KC
3) Rig - 1993 Land Rover Defender 110
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Basic, but on hold due to motor swap / rebuild

110.jpg

Hi there, name here is John

I don't currently have a "rig" but do lots of vehicle-based camping anyway with what I have. Hoping to change that at some point and will take advantage of the huge brain-share here to make suitable choices. Living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Looking forward to participating in this vibrant community!

John aka longshanks

Last edited:

OffRoadAcc

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Tampa,fl 33604
Member #

i dont remember if i posted here. but my names darick.
terry mcginnis on facebook.
i am well known in the mitsubishi montero community.
i recently picked up a dope little subaru outback for cheap so its getting 3" lift some 28.5" tires and i just outfitted it with a snorkel. i also own a small business but i dont wanna step on any toes. But I sell offroad accessories.

Sent from my SM-J727T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Chadlyb

BadMike

Rank I

Contributor III

Plano, Tx
My name is Mike.

1) Picture:roadvan.jpg
2) Location: Plano, Tx
3) Rig: 2016 Chrysler Town & Country
4) Experience: Accustomed to long haul family road trips. In 2016 we drove 4500 miles in 11 days. We visited Bridger Teton National Forest, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Portland Oregon, San Francisco California, Los Angeles California, and the South Rim Grand Canyon National Park before heading home to Plano, Tx.

I was a boy scout in my youth and have fond memories of camping out. My wife is happier around creature comforts like running water and air conditioning but is open to the idea of van camping. She also likes the idea of staying somewhere for a fraction of the price of a hotel room. =)

Looking forward to learning more and discovering new places to see and things to do.

Oh, also, we rarely travel without at least 2 of our 4 dogs. We have 2 Great Danes, a Chocolate Lab, and a St. Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix. We LOVE dog friendly destinations.

Pull the Pin

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Cottageville, West Virginia
Member #

My name is Mike.

1) Picture:View attachment 38705
4) Experience: Accustomed to long haul family road trips. In 2016 we drove 4500 miles in 11 days. We visited Bridger Teton National Forest, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Portland Oregon, San Francisco California, Los Angeles California, and the South Rim Grand Canyon National Park before heading home to Plano, Tx.

I was a boy scout in my youth and have fond memories of camping out. My wife is happier around creature comforts like running water and air conditioning but is open to the idea of van camping. She also likes the idea of staying somewhere for a fraction of the price of a hotel room. =)

Looking forward to learning more and discovering new places to see and things to do.

Oh, also, we rarely travel without at least 2 of our 4 dogs. We have 2 Great Danes, a Chocolate Lab, and a St. Bernard/Great Pyrenees mix. We LOVE dog friendly destinations.
Welcome aboard Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I don't currently have a "rig" but do lots of vehicle-based camping anyway with what I have. Hoping to change that at some point and will take advantage of the huge brain-share here to make suitable choices. Living in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

John aka longshanks
Hey John, welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

i recently picked up a dope little subaru outback for cheap so its getting 3" lift some 28.5" tires and i just outfitted it with a snorkel. i also own a small business but i dont wanna step on any toes. But I sell offroad accessories.

Hi Terry and welcome to OB! Nice looking Outback! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: OffRoadAcc

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My name is Mike.

Hi Mike and welcome to OB! Nice looking T&C! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Robert Deaver

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Newport News, Virginia
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Robert, I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I drive an 06 Tacoma. Kind of new to overlanding. I've done small day trips but now the family (me,wife of 14years, 2.5 year old son and 2 dogs) are making 2 night trips and working up to 3 and 4 nights! Edit: Oh!! OB7834!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Robert, I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I drive an 06 Tacoma. Kind of new to overlanding. I've done small day trips but now the family (me,wife of 14years, 2.5 year old son and 2 dogs) are making 2 night trips and working up to 3 and 4 nights! Edit: Oh!! OB7834!!

Hi Robert and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma and camp setup! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Robert Deaver

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

0) Name: Chris
1) Picture:

2) Location: ABQ, NM, USA
3) Rig: Stock 2016 F150 (custom ordered with rear locker) plus a leitner rack and a RTT
4) Overlanding Experience Background: About a decade of driving trucks into quiet places, just getting started with camping beyond sleeping across the bench seat and eating trail mix.
Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew...nice rig and set up..looking forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

John aka longshanks
Hello John and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Darick ..nice Subaru..look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Mike.

Hello Mike and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Robert and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and set up..looking forward to seeing your adventures