Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Owencavlys

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate I

Centennial, Clorado
Member #

Time for an introduction. Since I've been more or less lurking on these forums for a couple weeks. I've been waiting to get my rig and pictures. The day's finally come, so here we go.

1) My wife and I live in Novato, CA (Marin County) with our 4-month old son, Graham.
2) 2010 4Runner Trail Edition (3" Toytec lift with Eibach coilvers and Bilstein shocks)
3) Absolutely no experience. I grew up in the Mojave desert (hey, I didn't chose it). While it was the most culturally deficient place I've ever been, it offered a lot of outdoor...everything, really. Lots of hiking, fishing, multi-day hikes, deep country camping. But never tried overlanding.

Fun fact: My wife and I used to be neighbors with Mr. and Mrs. Overland Bound. It's his fault I'm here.

I'm really excited to be here. Community is important, and adventure is awesome.

Some pics.

In an unnatural habitat:
Unnatural Habitat.jpg
Profile.jpg
The non-functioning hood scoop. Whatever, I think it looks cool.
Scoop.jpg
Eibach coilovers:
Front_fender.jpg

Last edited:

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

Time for an introduction. Since I've been more or less lurking on these forums for a couple weeks. I've been waiting to get my rig and pictures. The day's finally come, so here we go.

1) My wife and I live in Novato, CA (Marin County) with our 4-month old son, Graham.
2) 2012 4Runner Trail Edition (3" Toytec lift with Eibach coilvers and Bilstein shocks)
3) Absolutely no experience. I grew up in the Mojave desert (hey, I didn't chose it). While it was the most culturally deficient place I've ever been, it offered a lot of outdoor...everything, really. Lots of hiking, fishing, multi-day hikes, deep country camping. But never tried overlanding.

Fun fact: My wife and I used to be neighbors with Mr. and Mrs. Overland Bound. It's his fault I'm here.

I'm really excited to be here. Community is important, and adventure is awesome.

Some pics.

In an unnatural habitat:
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460
View attachment 1461
Eibach coilovers:
View attachment 1462
Nice! Are the rims aftermarket? Because those look pretty boss.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

2) 2012 4Runner Trail Edition (3" Toytec lift with Eibach coilvers and Bilstein shocks)

Some pics.

In an unnatural habitat:
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460
View attachment 1461
Eibach coilovers:
View attachment 1462
Nice rig!

Reactions: Owencavlys

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Some pics.

In an unnatural habitat:
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460
View attachment 1461
Eibach coilovers:
View attachment 1462
dude, that looks like a solid beast!

Owencavlys

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate I

Centennial, Clorado
Member #

Nice! Are the rims aftermarket? Because those look pretty boss.
They are aftermarket, yep. I had to do some hard searching to find them. They're a discontinued model.

To be truthful I don't love them. I also don't want to pay to replace them, because even these wheels were $200+ a piece. So I might start by plasti-dipping them to make them black and see how that looks. Haven't decided yet.

Owencavlys

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate I

Centennial, Clorado
Member #

Welcome aboard, @Owencavlys That's cool that you and your family were neighbors with Michael and Corrie. Tell us some juicy stuff they haven't shared. :tonguewink:
Thanks man.

I have...stories.

I think one of the best is probably the week we met. They were moving in and we asked them to dinner. It was a Wednesday (I think). Four bottles of wine later, we knew we'd met some special people.

Reactions: SLO Rob and Steve

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

--- this just means when we get a group together to run the Mojave Trail, you're leading the pack! @Owencavlys @administrator

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
They are aftermarket, yep. I had to do some hard searching to find them. They're a discontinued model.

To be truthful I don't love them. I also don't want to pay to replace them, because even these wheels were $200+ a piece. So I might start by plasti-dipping them to make them black and see how that looks. Haven't decided yet.
Don't knock the Rattle Can ! :tonguewink:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

--- this just means when we get a group together to run the Mojave Trail, you're leading the pack! @Owencavlys @administrator
He's nominated!

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB

2) 2010 4Runner Trail Edition (3" Toytec lift with Eibach coilvers and Bilstein shocks)

Some pics.

In an unnatural habitat:
View attachment 1459
View attachment 1460
View attachment 1461
Eibach coilovers:
View attachment 1462
Nice rig...

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello all.
Vehicle: 1953 M38A1 (with a few mods)
Some off-road experience - looking forward to more. I will try to post some photos in the members' rigs forum.

g
Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some pics of your rig.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk