First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi all,

I grew up in Western Oregon and spent my childhood camping in the Cascade Mountains with my family. Job has moved me from Pennsylvania to Idaho where my wife and young daughters continued to explore and "get lost". I'm back again on the East Coast, and now trying to find the time and inspiration to get back out there.

Current Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Vehicle: 2002 Land Rover Disco II
Previous Vehicle: 1994 Ford F-150
Overland Experience: Novice to Intermediate

View attachment 36861 View attachment 36862
Hello Eric from Southern California and welcome to OB! Catch youth on the trails someday brother.

Big Willy Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, TN
Member #

Hi All.

Chccking in from Knoxville, TN. Been a lurker on the forums for awhile. >:) Met some great Overland Bound folks at Expo East 2017 and decided to join up. I drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU. I've been a long time outdoors-man and camper, but when I bought the Jeep in 2016, things escalated quickly.... lol. I frequent Expedition Portal Forums as well. Still need to finish updating my profile and get my OB# number attached here, but working on it. I drive out of Knoxville, TN and help manage East Tennessee Overlanders.

Most recent Trip (prior to Expo East 2017:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10209108693826631.1073741842.1597582644&type=1&l=81b05bdf5d

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon Harvey

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi All.

Chccking in from Knoxville, TN. Been a lurker on the forums for awhile. >:) Met some great Overland Bound folks at Expo East 2017 and decided to join up. I drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU. I've been a long time outdoors-man and camper, but when I bought the Jeep in 2016, things escalated quickly.... lol. I frequent Expedition Portal Forums as well. Still need to finish updating my profile and get my OB# number attached here, but working on it. I drive out of Knoxville, TN and help manage East Tennessee Overlanders.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10209108693826631.1073741842.1597582644&type=1&l=81b05bdf5d
Hello and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Thujasx2

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Montgomery County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bartlett
New member here, it's myself and the wife as we will soon be empty nesters. I will return from Europe next summer and look forward to entering the world of Overlanding and experiencing everything it has to offer. Currently stationed in Stuttgart, Germany and have my 2011 Rubicon here with me and my 1977 CJ5 back home.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member here, it's myself and the wife as we will soon be empty nesters. I will return from Europe next summer and look forward to entering the world of Overlanding and experiencing everything it has to offer. Currently stationed in Stuttgart, Germany and have my 2011 Rubicon here with me and my 1977 CJ5 back home.
Hi Thujasx2 and welcome to OB! Nice rigs!! Thank you for your service. Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Thujasx2

Lashftl

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lashley
Member #

Service Branch
USN
Hey guys new member from Virginia, was able to convince the wife to turn the 2012 JKU RUBI into an overland rig and start exploring once we get set up in cali here in a few months. other then that my experience level is about none.

Reactions: John D.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey guys new member from Virginia, was able to convince the wife to turn the 2012 JKU RUBI into an overland rig and start exploring once we get set up in cali here in a few months. other then that my experience level is about none.
Hello Lashftl from Southern California and welcome to OB! You will love all the spot to explore out here...see ya on the trails someday brother.

jakob874

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jackson Hole, WY
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m from Olympia Washington and just bought a 1989 Toyota pickup with 212k miles and don’t have much experience of overlanding other than driving on logging roads near town. My truck isn’t the prettiest but it runs like it got off the lot almost 30 years ago!IMG_2436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Overland MD

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone,

I’m from Olympia Washington and just bought a 1989 Toyota pickup with 212k miles and don’t have much experience of overlanding other than driving on logging roads near town. My truck isn’t the prettiest but it runs like it got off the lot almost 30 years ago!View attachment 36933

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hey Jakob and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Brandon Harvey

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Welcome to OB Lashftl pull up a seat.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Thujasx2 welcome to Overland Bound !!!

mstei4

Rank 0

Traveler I

New member from Jeffco, CO. Have a 1986 Bronco II, new to the whole overlanding thing but was raised camping and backpacking and thought this would be another enjoyable thing to add into the mix. I'm looking forward to learning something new and enjoying whatever adventures this brings.

Reactions: John D.

J Tosh Reed

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Member #

Hey everyone!
My name is Tosh. My wife Heather and I are new to overlanding, but have been avid outdoors folks for many years. I come from an emergency medic background, bit of search and rescue, ambulance paramedic, now a RN. So I can fix people, just never learned anything about fixing vehicles, but I wanna learn!!! I wanna try and do as many of the mods for my rig as I can. We are both excited to get more into overlanding now that we have a vehicle we can do it in. Got myself a 2011 4runner sr5 this year and have started making some modifications to it. Looking forward to some new adventures! Hope to see you all out there someday!

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Hi All.

Welcome!