Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Hello,
My name is Dustin and I'm from Flagstaff, AZ. I've got a 2016 Silverado and my wife has a 2017 4runner that will probably become our primary overlanding rig once the new car smell wears off. Definitely still on the novice side but the wife and I are looking to get more into it.
Welcome Dustin and the wife :)

mmp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lugoff, SC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Powell
Member #

Name: Meric
Rig: 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500(contemplating changing but works for now)
Skill Level: Novice

Heard about this site are Overland Expo East and thought that I would check it out. My family and I don't get out to explore as much as we would like due to work schedules but are always to do it more. My 3y/o daughter loves camping and is always asking to go.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,
My name is Dustin and I'm from Flagstaff, AZ. I've got a 2016 Silverado and my wife has a 2017 4runner that will probably become our primary overlanding rig once the new car smell wears off. Definitely still on the novice side but the wife and I are looking to get more into it.
Hi Dustin and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Heard about this site are Overland Expo East and thought that I would check it out. My family and I don't get out to explore as much as we would like due to work schedules but are always to do it more. My 3y/o daughter loves camping and is always asking to go.
Hi Meric and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Mike D.

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Welcome Mike. Spending time enjoying each other and the outdoors make life better 2wd or not.
Thanks!

Aside from already needing to replace my current tires. Are there any areas of the truck that we should focus on first (safety, recovery or upgrade wise)? We currently camp near the closest reservoir most of the time but our plan is to start taking trails deeper into the surrounding hills.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

Hello mmp from Southern California and welcome to OB! Spending time with the family is what it is all about...catch ya out on the trails someday brother.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Name: Mike D.
Rig: '14 Toyota Tacoma- Stock
Skill Level: n00b

Busy work schedules keep my better half (Jessica) and I pretty busy. But as the little one gets older, we have decided that taking time for us and getting away from the daily hustle and bustle is what we want and the annual family camping trip just isn't cutting it. Our current rig is a 2014 stock Toyota Tacoma and is my daily driver. It is 2WD but it is all we have access to at the time. We aren't quite sure which direction to go in, so any and all advice would be welcome. We have seen how help full and just outright amazing this community is and we are excited to join!
Hello Mike from Southern California and welcome to OB! I started off the much the same way as you are...we would go camping with friends to places that were over crowded. But as time has gone on we have made small changes and upgrades which lets us get into more secluded areas...it will all come together over time. See ya out on the trails someday brother.

Reactions: John D.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Welcome Meric, I'm sure you'll find all you're looking for and more here.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Thanks!
Aside from already needing to replace my current tires. Are there any areas of the truck that we should focus on first (safety, recovery or upgrade wise)? We currently camp near the closest reservoir most of the time but our plan is to start taking trails deeper into the surrounding hills.
A winch and recovery straps if you don't already have them. Go to the OB you tube channel and watch tons of vids. Then you will see how much you never knew you wanted but do now.

Reactions: Mike D.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Thanks!
Of course you'll want a really good first aid kit.

Hosemonkey143

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bradford, Ontario
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brouwer
Member #

Hey Pete. I'd like to see some pics of the 2a. We are working on our 48 still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
Well its still a work in progress! I fully restored it but then decided to do a full diesel swap and power steering, so now i'm starting all over again! LOL You can also follow along my build on Instagram, my username is @vanilla.thrilla85 Yes...I know it is a ridiculous handle.

Cheers,

Pete
943739_796775261104_1810764424_n.jpg
19429416_1530099243679134_3724757082616889344_n(1).jpg
19932529_1216189855170706_3874441653569716224_n.jpg 20969287_502742846743505_6931860062197514240_n.jpg 21147185_213788025820869_5881633068178997248_n.jpg

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Rubi
Last Name
cajon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Well its still a work in progress! I fully restored it but then decided to do a full diesel swap and power steering, so now i'm starting all over again! LOL You can also follow along my build on Instagram, my username is @vanilla.thrilla85 Yes...I know it is a ridiculous handle.

Cheers,

Pete
View attachment 36806
View attachment 36807
View attachment 36808 View attachment 36809 View attachment 36810
I love it. Hard to believe an almost 80 year old can look so good. Lol

Reactions: John D.

Traveler I

Hi all,

I grew up in Western Oregon and spent my childhood camping in the Cascade Mountains with my family. Job has moved me from Pennsylvania to Idaho where my wife and young daughters continued to explore and "get lost". I'm back again on the East Coast, and now trying to find the time and inspiration to get back out there.

Current Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Vehicle: 2002 Land Rover Disco II
Previous Vehicle: 1994 Ford F-150
Overland Experience: Novice to Intermediate

IMG_4089.JPG IMG_3498.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all,

I grew up in Western Oregon and spent my childhood camping in the Cascade Mountains with my family. Job has moved me from Pennsylvania to Idaho where my wife and young daughters continued to explore and "get lost". I'm back again on the East Coast, and now trying to find the time and inspiration to get back out there.

Current Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Vehicle: 2002 Land Rover Disco II
Previous Vehicle: 1994 Ford F-150
Overland Experience: Novice to Intermediate

View attachment 36861 View attachment 36862
Hi Eric and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Rover! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!