Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello!
Can't wait to get out and explore. My family is based in SW Idaho. It's me, the wife, 2 kids(8 and 10), and 2 dogs(labs).

I have been working on getting my truck ready for almost 2 years. I have a 1999 K2500(3/4 ton) Chevy Suburban. I plan to get out next year(was supposed to be this year but ended up getting sent overseas for the summer).

I bought the truck cheap, with a bad motor @ 210k miles. Got a good motor put in, freshened up all suspension/steering components, and put on some decent wheels and tires.

I bought a used but great shape Tuff Stuff Ranger(the OG not the newer 65" model). I intend for the wife and I to sleep up top, and the dogs/kids to sleep in the annex, or in the truck depending on how they feel.View attachment 262136
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you so much for your service, belssings.

InfinityQX4

Rank 0

Contributor I

Good Hope, CA, USA
First Name
Alexander
Last Name
Dennis
Hello everyone! My name is Alexander (Alex for short) i live in riverside county Ca USA. Im Glad to join this group! I have currently purchased a 1997 infinity QX4 for a cheap price($350) that was overheated and needed top end work. I intend to do some Overlanding with her. I have always loved 4×4's. I had a 1996 jeep Cherokee 4×4, 1984 chevy blazer s-10 4×4 in the past. I have never owned a Luxurious one before. I hope I can pick up some pointers on upfitting my rig and ultimately spending time in the outdoors. Of course, I cant wait to get me a badge for my rig as well someday. Thanks for letting me join!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Alexander (Alex for short) i live in riverside county Ca USA. Im Glad to join this group! I have currently purchased a 1997 infinity QX4 for a cheap price($350) that was overheated and needed top end work. I intend to do some Overlanding with her. I have always loved 4×4's. I had a 1996 jeep Cherokee 4×4, 1984 chevy blazer s-10 4×4 in the past. I have never owned a Luxurious one before. I hope I can pick up some pointers on upfitting my rig and ultimately spending time in the outdoors. Of course, I cant wait to get me a badge for my rig as well someday. Thanks for letting me join!
Hallo Alex
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello everyone,

H, here from Mid-West Overlanding.

Rig: 2016 Tacoma (new beginning build)

Overlanding since 2014, but new to this app.
Hi and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Alex,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Alexander, welcome to Overland Bound.

merling

Rank I

Contributor III

Northern California, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Glascott
Hello all. I'm in northern California and have a 2006 Sportsmobile Ford E350 4x4 conversion. I have been working over the last year to upgrade the interior, battery, and related systems. We have taken several local trips to established camp grounds but my real goal is head out to the BLM and US forestry lands and see what's out there. I've restored a lot of classic cars but don't have 4x4 experience. Looking for experience and like minded people to see what's out there.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all. I'm in northern California and have a 2006 Sportsmobile Ford E350 4x4 conversion. I have been working over the last year to upgrade the interior, battery, and related systems. We have taken several local trips to established camp grounds but my real goal is head out to the BLM and US forestry lands and see what's out there. I've restored a lot of classic cars but don't have 4x4 experience. Looking for experience and like minded people to see what's out there.
Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Dan,

Welcome to Overland Bound.

That´s a great rig. Enjoy your trips wih it.

Geetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Dan
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Dan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi all,

My name is Ray Kuhn. See below for pics of my rig. I drive a 2023 Bronco Badlands dragging a fully custom built trailer. Currently located in Central Oregon. I have a ton of experience with camping and being in the outdoors, and some minor experience with off road travel. As far as Overlanding... I watch a ton of YouTube, so that should make me an expert. :)
View attachment 262127
Rig is a 23 Bronco Badlands with a custom built trailer.
View attachment 262128
Welcome to Overland Bound Raymond. Thanks for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Could you edit your profile to show a city or town, this way the app & members can get you local information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-ups in NoCal, they can be found on the map and calendar.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. West (HI CA NV)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com