First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone,

my name is Moritz Jung and I just became a member of the Overland bound.

Vehicle: 2009 Lada Niva/Taiga

Experience: I always loved to be out in nature so I've got some outdoor, camping and a bit offroading experience. I really like the thought of combining all this now that I got my first car.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone!
I just joined the group and I'm looking forward to learning from you all!
My stats:

Location = outside Portland Oregon in the Great Pacific Northwest!
Rig = 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-road. So far I've added a Borla exhaust system, a front-end leveling kit, a TRD Pro grille, a Leer tonneau cover, and a few odds/ends interior upgrades
Overlanding Experience = I've been a camper all my life, but am new to the Overland way of using a vehicle as the main piece of camping equipment!

Hope to see you on the trails!
-Steven

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are honored to be a part of this forum as new members. We are based in Colorado and are both 4th generation Colorado natives. We have hiked, hunted, climbed, skied, explored, and 4-wheeled nearly every inch of our home state and most of the western U.S. over the last 50+ years of our outdoor experience. Our current rig is a 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison outfitted with an AluCab Canopy Camper, and many custom built-out features. You can see our build in the Build Forum here:

We look forward to getting to know many of you and hopefully seeing some of you on the trail!

View attachment 238219
View attachment 238220View attachment 238221

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,
New member relocated to NE Florida and looking for overlanding community near me (I'll get to searching the forum soon!) I have a '19 Ford Raptor that loves to get dirty. I'd consider myself a novice Overlander that loves hiking/backpacking but now with two kids I need a vehicle to haul everything!! Looking forward to learning from others mistakes and meeting good like-minded people!! Cheers, CM

View attachment 238377

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone Steve here I live in Colorado Springs CO. I have been camping most of my life. New to overlanding. I have a 97 4Runner and a 72 Blazer (under construction) I use them to pull my hummer trailer set up. She’s still under construction also. Love this site so far love the builds.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings everyone my name is Joseph I am a new member, I guess you can say I'm one that's getting back to nature I'm 51 but on disability since 2008, the vehicle I have is a 1999 Yukon Denali I bought it years ago and the upgrades I've done you cannot see it, 350 crate motor, transmission, upgraded front and rear differentials from 8.25 to 8.50 so I could handle more off-road and tow more, I've also upgraded the transfer case so I guess you could say the important parts have been replaced, yes I do have a lift in mind and different tires but as it is I'm just going with what I could afford at the moment I'm looking forward to meeting more of you and enjoying what time I have left, although if anybody knows where to get aftermarket parts for a Denali that would be nice, there's aftermarket parts for Yukon and Yukon XL but once you say Denali nobody has parts lol, anyways I'm in southern Nevada and town called Pahrump just outside Las Vegas on the California border.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello!

My name is Arne and I‘m from Hamburg in Germany.
I bought an LR4 (called „Discovery 4“ over here) about three years ago. After lots of repairs I did my first overlanding trip (to Norway) this year and it was such a great experience!
I just singned up here and I’m looking forward to connect with this great community sharing the same interests.

Arne

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
New to this forum... Been camping in my 24ft RV and got back spending June out at our NP (Badlands, Black Hills/Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Devil's Tower), Yellowstone (got there right when things were closing for the flooding and did an audible and headed north to Glacier), Grand Tetons, Great Smoky) and I live out in OBX. I did a solar/inverter/LiFEPo4 setup on the RV that worked out really great. Did primarily Harvest Host locations for that month with an occasional campground in order to empty tanks.

Switching my camping from the 24ft RV to an overland setup that I'm starting to build out. I got a M1102 military trailer that I use for my "beach cart" - living out here in OBX, NC and I'm on my fifth Bronco (currently own a 68, traded in my MY21 and now a MY22 (other two were a 1994 and a 1995 and gone)). I'm leaning more for a RTT on the M1102 and the MY22 as my tow vehicle. Many more pics and info to come!

Jay D'Angelo
Salvo, NC

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!

New to the app and overlanding overall.

Rig: 2011 Toyota 4 Runner Trail Edition
Experience: novice

I bought this car as an adventure car for me and my son. So far we’ve taken it to a couple nearby hiking spots and loved it.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser towing an Off Grid Expo 2.0 trailer
Experience: Intermedia wheeling experience with many years tent camping throughout Northern CA. Added the trailer to the mix this past year.

Always looking for new routes, adventures and folks to explore with.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi I'm Ed from Raleigh, NC. Currently driving a trusty old 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 35th Anniversary Edition (just 50k miles now w/JDM engine swap) which was mainly used to cart kids to/from baseball/softball tournaments the last decade along the east coast of the US through muddy field parking lots where only soccer moms' Jeeps dared. ;-) Interested in getting into light overlanding in the North Carolina area. Luckily my tires are about due so looking at putting on a modest 1.5" lift and getting AT's vs the straight street tires to make it look less grocery-getter looking (if that's possible!)

View attachment 238669

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi I'm Ed from Raleigh, NC. Currently driving a trusty old 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 35th Anniversary Edition (just 50k miles now w/JDM engine swap) which was mainly used to cart kids to/from baseball/softball tournaments the last decade along the east coast of the US through muddy field parking lots where only soccer moms' Jeeps dared. ;-) Interested in getting into light overlanding in the North Carolina area. Luckily my tires are about due so looking at putting on a modest 1.5" lift and getting AT's vs the straight street tires to make it look less grocery-getter looking (if that's possible!)

View attachment 238669

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Texas. I'm between Cleburne & Whitney. Totally newbie here. Grew up camping on Padre Island, my heart & soul is longing to get back into nature.
I have a 2006 Tj Ulim(LJ), stock, wrapped for protection from farm life.
Hello Alyce (@Alyce ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, just found you guys. I have a mostly stock 86 CJ7 that I am going to start camping in.
Hello Mark (@86CJ ), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

Depending on your location, there are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Also, there is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

And, the Houston area has this meetup here: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

The one we attend is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, my name is Jared and I’m new to this app, but also new to the Jeep world and off-roading/overlanding.

I live in the East SF Bay Area of California with my amazing wife and two daughters, and our two dogs.

I drive a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and just bought it a few months ago. I’ve never owned a 4x4 before but am loving learning and driving and adventuring in it.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I'm a new guy, have done some trips out there, enjoy going there..... in fact my wife tells me I never take the same route twice or so.
I'm also an old guy, but who is counting?
Live in the Western side of VA close the the Shenandoah National Park and others.
Busy most weekends though, so do my exploring during the week. Also have a Ham license (for many years) and do some POTA trips.