freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone. My Name is Ryon. I am retiring from the military in January 2022 and moving back home to Oregon. I just got a new (to me) 2013 Lexus GX 460, and I'm looking forward to getting her off road and doing some camping. If you have any recommendations for the Central Oregon area, I'm all ears.

Ryon
Hello Ryon, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you very much for your service And congratulations on the retirement.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My name is Paul. I just got a 1999 Land Cruiser that I am building out. It has had the same owner for the last 20 years and now has 244k miles on it. So far I have just done some baseline maintenance. I have sliders and a lift on order. I also have a truck/travel trailer that I like to boondock in. I look forward to meeting some fellow members in the Bay Area/Sacramento Valley, and beyond!
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Enthusiast I

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Breshears
Member #

My name is Paul. I just got a 1999 Land Cruiser that I am building out. It has had the same owner for the last 20 years and now has 244k miles on it. So far I have just done some baseline maintenance. I have sliders and a lift on order. I also have a truck/travel trailer that I like to boondock in. I look forward to meeting some fellow members in the Bay Area/Sacramento Valley, and beyond!
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Josh (@Tripping The Outside ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There have been meetups in the Phoenix and Tucson areas, and the Overland Expo up in Flagstaff.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
I am one of the SW Member Reps, @freak4life is your closest Member Rep based in Arizona. Let us know if you have any questions.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 218620
HI ALL!
RIG: 2020 tundra
-eibach pro kit
-spydertraxx 1.25" spacers
-33" toyo open country
caliraised ditch and hidden bumper LED's
kbvoodoo low profile rack w/ smittybilt tent
EXPERIENCE: I've owned 4 jeep Cherokees, a 3rd gen 4runner, and currently a 99' tj locked front and rear with a few other trucks in between.

hopefully will be making a trip out west this winter as I am off for the next 2-3 months (self employed landscaper who doesn't do snow removal)
not much here in Ohio other than some unmaintained roads in Vinton county, we enjoy badlands Indiana, Windrock Tennessee (along with Norris lake), rush off-road, and silver lake sand dunes.
Hello Dan, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello! Past-time lurker, new member. I gave myself the present of a membership and investment level today. I'm excited to have found this group! I'm from Cincinnati Ohio. My rig, and favorite traveling partner, is Luci - 2018 JLU in the most gorgeous Punk'n orange. Hey, she stands out and won't get shot by hunters Looking forward to lots of adventures in Luci with my husband, daughter and our pup.
Hello Kelly, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone! I’m based in Chandler AZ. I drive a 5th gen 4Runner, with an icon suspension, Demello hybrid sliders, a Prinsu roof rack, Westscott Designs ladder, and K02s in 285.

next step will be fog lights, then ditch lights. Also building a chuck box.

I’ll post pictures of my rig when I get back home.

Dorobuta roughly translates as Mud pig from Japanese. (Get stuck in the mud with a group…)
Hello Tim, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
ITM, Robert here from central Kansas.
I am working on a 1975 Dodge Ramcharger SE to be our overlanding rig.
My experience is lots of vehicle based camping, etc. in my youth, but mostly camper based exploration of regional lakes and wildlife areas in recent years.
Hello Robert, welcome to Overland Bound! Can't wait to see pics of the Ramcharger!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone. My Name is Ryon. I am retiring from the military in January 2022 and moving back home to Oregon. I just got a new (to me) 2013 Lexus GX 460, and I'm looking forward to getting her off road and doing some camping. If you have any recommendations for the Central Oregon area, I'm all ears.

Ryon
Hello Ryon, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey now, I'm Josh from Gilbert,AZ. I've been exploring for a few years. I'm on my second rig build, a 2013 FJ and I love it. I'm looking forward to meeting with you all someday, somewhere.
You can follow my adventures on the Insta @trippingtheoutside.
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 218620
HI ALL!
RIG: 2020 tundra
-eibach pro kit
-spydertraxx 1.25" spacers
-33" toyo open country
caliraised ditch and hidden bumper LED's
kbvoodoo low profile rack w/ smittybilt tent
EXPERIENCE: I've owned 4 jeep Cherokees, a 3rd gen 4runner, and currently a 99' tj locked front and rear with a few other trucks in between.

hopefully will be making a trip out west this winter as I am off for the next 2-3 months (self employed landscaper who doesn't do snow removal)
not much here in Ohio other than some unmaintained roads in Vinton county, we enjoy badlands Indiana, Windrock Tennessee (along with Norris lake), rush off-road, and silver lake sand dunes.
Hello Dan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! Past-time lurker, new member. I gave myself the present of a membership and investment level today. I'm excited to have found this group! I'm from Cincinnati Ohio. My rig, and favorite traveling partner, is Luci - 2018 JLU in the most gorgeous Punk'n orange. Hey, she stands out and won't get shot by hunters Looking forward to lots of adventures in Luci with my husband, daughter and our pup.
Hello Kelly, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone! I’m based in Chandler AZ. I drive a 5th gen 4Runner, with an icon suspension, Demello hybrid sliders, a Prinsu roof rack, Westscott Designs ladder, and K02s in 285.

next step will be fog lights, then ditch lights. Also building a chuck box.

I’ll post pictures of my rig when I get back home.

Dorobuta roughly translates as Mud pig from Japanese. (Get stuck in the mud with a group…)
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
ITM, Robert here from central Kansas.
I am working on a 1975 Dodge Ramcharger SE to be our overlanding rig.
My experience is lots of vehicle based camping, etc. in my youth, but mostly camper based exploration of regional lakes and wildlife areas in recent years.
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Ryon
Hello Ryon, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Paul, welcome to the OB family.