Heber City, Utah
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Larson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ATX
YMMV, but I will never own another set of Duratrax. I recommend Falcon Wildpeak, Nitto Trail Grapplers, and Bridgestone KO2 for AT. The Duratrax had a harsh ride and were as loud as my Mud Grapplers.
And the duratrac sidewalls are as durable as paper. Add Cooper S/T Maxx to the recommended list. They hold up to sidewall abuse very well and tread wear has been amazing on my LR3 which are notorious for premature wear.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey there. I have a question for you. How are your sand ladders attached to the side of your vehicle please?
There are two simple but effective holders. Years ago many of the old school expedition outfitters here in Germany sold them. At the top of each holder is a kind of hook where you simply hang on the sandladder. At the bottom of each holder is a simple bracket to hold the sandladder tight. Hook and bracket are adjustable to each other. That´s it. Simple and working. Even when full of dust or the sandladder gets bent a bit while used. I will check my harddrive, maybe I find photo.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
There are two simple but effective holders. Years ago many of the old school expedition outfitters here in Germany sold them. At the top of each holder is a kind of hook where you simply hang on the sandladder. At the bottom of each holder is a simple bracket to hold the sandladder tight. Hook and bracket are adjustable to each other. That´s it. Simple and working. Even when full of dust or the sandladder gets bent a bit while used. I will check my harddrive, maybe I find photo.
Here in the sandladder/ traction board topic are some pictures. Traction Board Review
I guess there you can see how it is mounted. If not, please let me know, will look for some other pics then.

BlueTinCan

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Tripp
Last Name
Westbrook
Member #

Here’s mine too

1967 series IIA 109. I got Pokey about 10 yrs ago and he’s not running right now. Need new brakes. No one sells 11 inch drums. Does anyone know of a disk brake conversion all around that’s reasonable in price?
For discs, the Torrel or Zeus conversions are pretty reasonable.Are your current drums stock? You should try Ike at Pangolin 4x4. If he can’t find it, it doesn’t exist.

Reactions: MSM 61

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Here’s mine too

1967 series IIA 109. I got Pokey about 10 yrs ago and he’s not running right now. Need new brakes. No one sells 11 inch drums. Does anyone know of a disk brake conversion all around that’s reasonable in price?

Those drums and shoes are out there; 576974 - Drum-brake - Find Land Rover parts at LR Workshop BRAKE DRUM 6 CYL. FRONT - 576974

Reasonable is a relative term, too many factors. I went with the Timm Cooper swap on all 4.

Reactions: MSM 61

BlueTinCan

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Tripp
Last Name
Westbrook
Member #

Those drums and shoes are out there; 576974 - Drum-brake - Find Land Rover parts at LR Workshop BRAKE DRUM 6 CYL. FRONT - 576974

Reasonable is a relative term, too many factors. I went with the Timm Cooper swap on all 4.
Cheers, Gene. I’m new here, but been on GnR for a bit as 80sailor.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Hey Tripp! I'm pretty new here too. Interesting site, different outlook on camping and cooking. I have a cousin in OK who married a Westbrook. Happy New Year!

Reactions: BlueTinCan

Errant

Rank I

Enthusiast I

California, USA
First Name
Kristina
Last Name
Price
My first post, but I have two Rovers. A ‘98 D1 I’ve been using for over landing for 15-20 years and recently purchased an ‘11 LR4 that I’d need to get setup in preparation for the D1’s retirement. I’m not sure if I can attch pics in my first post. But I will give it a try :)

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
My first post, but I have two Rovers. A ‘98 D1 I’ve been using for over landing for 15-20 years and recently purchased an ‘11 LR4 that I’d need to get setup in preparation for the D1’s retirement. I’m not sure if I can attch pics in my first post. But I will give it a try :)
Your pic came out fine. How about some info on what you have done to it. It looks pretty stock except for lights and bull bar ! Why would you want to retire the old girl other than maybe she won't pass the kali emissions testing. Still I'd keep her on the road no matter the cost.