Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Put locked Rubicon axles under every single Wrangler and Gladiator. That would get peoples attention.

Add a reliable V6 or V8. Triple check QC if you have to. No killer power or anything, just absurd reliability. There is no excuse for engine failures under 300,000 miles.

Manual Trans. Ford missed the mark, Sasquatch is an auto Trans (for now).
They backtracked on that in September. Apparently they won't be coming along till later in the model year but you will be able to get it at some point.

Reactions: MidOH

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Instead of being like "hey maybe we should offer some off road goodies in the base models? Like maybe lockers at least?"
And that's where I think the Bronco is going to do the best with off-roaders. Rock crawling is great but overlanding is the hot thing right now and doesn't require a solid axle even if it does help tremendously in some situations. Most who are buying an off-road vehicle new off the lot aren't doing Pritchett, they're cruising forest trails and exploring the desert and the IFS will do just fine at that.

The fact a bare ass Bronco can have the Squatch package added is huge and I think most will appreciate not being forced into a $50k truck to get the features they want from the factory.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

They backtracked on that in September. Apparently they won't be coming along till later in the model year but you will be able to get it at some point.
Still can't get it with the 2.7L though which is disappointing. Still, that 2.3L with that performance package they have for the Ranger deals out more than enough power for a little SUV and the fact it's a turbo means it's less susceptible to altitude issues.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I like how Jeep tasks AEV (wheels) and Maximus (bumpers), to design and build parts, again... but branded Jeep. Missed the RTT market with this idea. The rear box is illogical for mountain biking, but def could see it being useful for long excursions.
those are not borah wheels they are mopar beadlocks. two totally different designs. As for the bumper maximus did not design the bumper, just maybe the hoop.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
While interesting, I think the 4xe is WAY cooler. I am just waiting to see if lift kits etc still roll with the electric system. I love dodge/jeep. If sales are slowing, toss a gas guzzling v8 into it. I wish they kept the normal 5.7 in the TRX with the rest of the goodies. that way you can make it more than 150 miles before having to refuel. I am guessing the 392 will be similar while not quite as bad.

12 mpg for the TRX 16 for the Raptor. I am guessing neither were measured at full honk all the time. I am guessing if you are pedaling it all the time in the TRX (which you would be, come on, it's 700 hp) you would be getting closer to 5-8 mpg.

Better off buying a colorado bison diesel. 26mpg combined with 31 on the highway. That's a winner for some off road travel, and still skip along at a great clip in the backcountry because of the awesome suspension system.

Last edited:
I think the problem with top trim midsize trucks is that the price just doesn't make sense for most.
Sure there will be the minority that buy a Bison diesel no matter what, but most have a tough decision at the $50k price point
with solid fullsize choices, often much cheaper.

A 5.7 Ram Rebel optioned out with active safety, harmon kardon, nav, tow pkg still undercuts the bison diesel by a couple grand, depending on options.
that's without dealer or factory discounts

If it were my $50k, I would go with a standard trim fullsize and save the money for mods or a Rebel type trim for similar money with a lot more content.

While interesting, I think the 4xe is WAY cooler. I am just waiting to see if lift kits etc still roll with the electric system. I love dodge/jeep. If sales are slowing, toss a gas guzzling v8 into it. I wish they kept the normal 5.7 in the TRX with the rest of the goodies. that way you can make it more than 150 miles before having to refuel. I am guessing the 392 will be similar while not quite as bad.

12 mpg for the TRX 16 for the Raptor. I am guessing neither were measured at full honk all the time. I am guessing if you are pedaling it all the time in the TRX (which you would be, come on, it's 700 hp) you would be getting closer to 5-8 mpg.

Better off buying a colorado bison diesel. 26mpg combined with 31 on the highway. That's a winner for some off road travel, and still skip along at a great clip in the backcountry because of the awesome suspension system.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I think the problem with top trim midsize trucks is that the price just doesn't make sense for most.
Sure there will be the minority that buy a Bison diesel no matter what, but most have a tough decision at the $50k price point
with solid fullsize choices, often much cheaper.

A 5.7 Ram Rebel optioned out with active safety, harmon kardon, nav, tow pkg still undercuts the bison diesel by a couple grand, depending on options.
that's without dealer or factory discounts

If it were my $50k, I would go with a standard trim fullsize and save the money for mods or a Rebel type trim for similar money with a lot more content.
Not eveyone wants a full size truck. mid size trucks of today are almost the size of full size of the late 90s. trucks today are behemoths. Our f150 crew 6ft box is like driving the titanic around in a parking lot.

Reactions: Downs

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer

Reactions: Wallygator

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
And that's where I think the Bronco is going to do the best with off-roaders. Rock crawling is great but overlanding is the hot thing right now and doesn't require a solid axle even if it does help tremendously in some situations. Most who are buying an off-road vehicle new off the lot aren't doing Pritchett, they're cruising forest trails and exploring the desert and the IFS will do just fine at that.

The fact a bare ass Bronco can have the Squatch package added is huge and I think most will appreciate not being forced into a $50k truck to get the features they want from the factory.
The "bare ass" bronco requires a bunch of extra option selections in order to get the squatch package here. I priced one up and it was 65k. I can get a rubicon cheaper than that. much cheaper. For the extra money I could put the AEV lift on and fit 37s.

• Wow

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
The "bare ass" bronco requires a bunch of extra option selections in order to get the squatch package here. I priced one up and it was 65k. I can get a rubicon cheaper than that. much cheaper. For the extra money I could put the AEV lift on and fit 37s.
You can start with a 2-door base, click on "Sasquatch", and get a price of $35,785, including delivery. Add the headliner and the 2.7 engine and you're at $38,175.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not sure how you got to 65k. I went to the site added everything I could think of I would want to add to a base model and wound up at 39k. Is that a Canadian thing?

If there was an option to keep the stock steelies and 255 sized tires I would be all over that option. I do not want or need 35s.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
My only hope is the Jeep and Bronco continue to be sold in a 2 door and with a manual.

I hope at some point tbe Gladiator can be had as a 2door or even an access cab.

RAM has been listening to social media and following through. Plenty of people wanted the center console and 5 seat arrangement in the Powerwagon. Now after years of the standard bench seat the only option...you can now get the center console in a wagon.

Keep explaining to manufactures what you want through the media platforms. But...someone has to buy the things people want.

So many people say they want a fun size truck with a regular cab and stick shift...but then they crunch numbers and buy the full size crew with auto for the value.

The thought behind why I posted this concept was to show manufactures took notice of our lifestyle. Not to debate Bronco vs jeep.

Show me some Bronco overland concepts.

I am Mopar fanatic...but the 2 door manual shift Bronco has me paying attention.

But they will sell mostly 4 door and automatic.