Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
thank you , there are some things I really don’t like about it but it’s covered by the bumper so nobody will ever see lol . Next after I sell off mysilverado( if you know anyone in the market for a super clean 2wd let me know ) it will be onto the long process of figuring out tires and debating on building a slide in camper for it .
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in need a clean 2wd Chevy.

I'm sure you have a preference regarding tires, but I run Kenda Klever AT2's on my X, and Discount Tire's Pathfinder AT's on my Frontier, and I'm very happy with both tires.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I'm sure you have a preference regarding tires, but I run Kenda Klever AT2's on my X, and Discount Tire's Pathfinder AT's on my Frontier, and I'm very happy with both tires.
its more the size of tire is my biggest debate

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Winch setup came out great. Overall awesome progress, and I'm jealous of your MPG. Running a bit faster, 80-82 MPH to/from Vegas from the Bay Area I only get around 17.5 in my Xterra.

-TJ

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Winch setup came out great. Overall awesome progress, and I'm jealous of your MPG. Running a bit faster, 80-82 MPH to/from Vegas from the Bay Area I only get around 17.5 in my Xterra.

-TJ
Jealous. My '13 Frontier on 32s gets about 16.8 avg, I can do about 18 if I'm doing purely highway and no trailer.

My 03 X..... Probably about 12. Oh well. I love it anyways.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Jealous. My '13 Frontier on 32s gets about 16.8 avg, I can do about 18 if I'm doing purely highway and no trailer.

My 03 X..... Probably about 12. Oh well. I love it anyways.
Yeah with the (lack of) aero with an Xterra the MPG really drops off with higher speeds. Going from the Bay Area to Vegas has a lot of high speed limits and you really need to go 80ish jump to keep up with traffic. At 70 MPH it does way better.

-TJ

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Anything you don’t like about the pathfinders ? I like the price and weight of them

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Anything you don’t like about the pathfinders ? I like the price and weight of them
Honestly? Not really. I've had them in mud, rocks, and they've been great. Nice and quiet on the road. Are they the best tire out there? Probably not, but they've held up just fine. I also have the E rated version.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Honestly? Not really. I've had them in mud, rocks, and they've been great. Nice and quiet on the road. Are they the best tire out there? Probably not, but they've held up just fine. I also have the E rated version.
Keep bouncing between a 285 and a 315 , as with everything pluses and minuses to both . Hard to decide

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
my xterra drove surprisingly well on 35s and was fantastic in deep snow just takes a bit of work to make them fit properly
When I replace these, I might bump up to 285's. Especially once I get my OME lift installed (it's been sitting in my office for over a year).

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

When I replace these, I might bump up to 285's. Especially once I get my OME lift installed (it's been sitting in my office for over a year).
I’m still debating on doing a Titan swap , I like a soft squishy ride on backroads and the stronger diff would be handy ….. but then I could theoretically go 37s……. Hmmmmmm but at that point doing a sas swap would make more sense … ok enough daydreaming lol

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I’m still debating on doing a Titan swap , I like a soft squishy ride on backroads and the stronger diff would be handy ….. but then I could theoretically go 37s……. Hmmmmmm but at that point doing a sas swap would make more sense … ok enough daydreaming lol
My Frontier is my daily, and it wasn't purchased for the purpose of running trails. That's what the X is for.

That being said, I'm actually quite impressed with what a stock pro-4x can do.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I had very similar tires on my Frontier when I bought it. Michelin Defenders.

The Pathfinders are a HUGE step up.

What tires did you end up ordering.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I had very similar tires on my Frontier when I bought it. Michelin Defenders.

The Pathfinders are a HUGE step up.

What tires did you end up ordering.
they where 174 a popand supposed to be super quiet so we will see how they do should be here tomorrow 2696C905-C807-4DED-8301-658370DEB7F2.jpeg5A8171D9-A607-4949-9D2E-033C291C37F9.png

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hey, that's not bad. I think I paid 161 each for the kendas klever at2s on the X. When I bought the spare, the price had gone up 50 bucks...

I need to find some cheap at tires for my trailer.