Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thanks. Trying to figure out if I should go for general now or wait a bit. At least with testing online there is always a session you can sign up for.
From my understanding there is some overlap between Technical and General so it would be good to take it sooner than later, while the info is still fresh in your mind. At least that is what I was told...

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Eddy G

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Guyton, GA, USA
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Gagne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN3DDY
I have been a Ham operator for a few years, and have my General license, Can catch me on my local repeater, 20m 40m, and D-star usually on 30C, Use my Allstar node when traveling.

Operator license is KN3DDY

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks. Trying to figure out if I should go for general now or wait a bit. At least with testing online there is always a session you can sign up for.
I got
My Tech back in February... and was ready to
upgrade in March... but due to the Pandemic I had to wait until May. That being said, by May, I gad a great understanding for most of the stuff covered in the exam. Right now I’m studying for my Extra.

RJB46250

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rochester, NH, USA
First Name
Dick
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LIB
Congrats on the pass!
Go for your general while you have good study habits, general opens up a lot more FZ to use

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I agree, take it sooner than later.
I took Tech and General at the same time, thought I was done. After 4yrs I decided to upgrade to Extra. In that time I had learned things that helped me with the Extra test.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

Rjpoges

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

NJ, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Poges
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1EED
W1EED checking in from NJ.
:tearsofjoy:
Nice call.. I talked to NU5DE this weekend, and have talked to N0FUK. Have seen N2SEX.
But I see your call was a family member's call so that's cool that you got it.
Yea it was my grandfathers call. I have ALOT of emails of people asking me to give it up