Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Excellent! If you would have waited much longer that one wouldn't have been available either since they are currently issuing suffixes starting with JI.
Yes I figured since my existing call sign in in the JAU territory I had better request a change ASAP. Thank you!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I probably shouldn't even be bothering with this, but when I got my Technician license & CS in March I didn't really like my CS, partially because I'm having trouble remembering it. So, knowing nothing about how this all works, I decided to apply for a different/vanity CS. I've tried 5 times & each time it gets denied. Each time took about 2-3 weeks to find out. I called the FCC help desk and was told I just have to keep trying... I'm using the RadioQTH.net web-site to locate available calls. I tried using the ae7q.com web-site, but found it a bit too confusing.

I'm curious to know if it's really this much trouble just to change your CS, or if I'm doing something wrong?
If you would like to PM me your call sign I would like to take a look at the call signs you have requested.

VE6HRY

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Calgary
First Name
Harry
Last Name
Maylor
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE6HRY
As you can tell I'm VE6HRY. Radios yeah I have many in fact more than the wife will ever know. My main radio is the FT8900 and I'm a Yaesu guy when it comes to gear.
I've begun experimenting with APRS and SMSGTE since I got a tablet to run Gaia. Best radio story is the time I called on radio to another town and sourced a tire while I was dealing with a blown sidewall up on a mountain (Whipsaw). Cheers.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Took the test this past Sat (6/20) and was on the FCC database Monday afternoon.
KE8ORK
Now the real learning curve starts. This is all new to me. My mind works in the mechanical realm. The only thing I know about electronics and radios is if the smoke gets out, it doesn't work anymore..
Congrats! Now the fun begins!

Reactions: John Bishop

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Took the test this past Sat (6/20) and was on the FCC database Monday afternoon.
KE8ORK
Now the real learning curve starts. This is all new to me. My mind works in the mechanical realm. The only thing I know about electronics and radios is if the smoke gets out, it doesn't work anymore..
There is a replacement for that!

2F70FAF1-D57A-4B91-9D31-72B2BF067E79.jpeg

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
KJ7CRJ here - I recently installed my Yaesu FTM400XDR in the Jeep. Fixed all of the RFI interference from the LED lights that are mounted on the Jeep by switching out all of the wiring of the lights to shielded wire and then I did the same for the cable that runs from the Ham main unit to the head. Quiet as a whistle and I can now turn all of my LED lights on and no interference either. I also have 2 Baofengs to use when outside of the vehicle when spotting and :tearsofjoy: if I want to hike(sp?).

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
KJ7CRJ here - I recently installed my Yaesu FTM400XDR in the Jeep. Fixed all of the RFI interference from the LED lights that are mounted on the Jeep by switching out all of the wiring of the lights to shielded wire and then I did the same for the cable that runs from the Ham main unit to the head. Quiet as a whistle and I can now turn all of my LED lights on and no interference either. I also have 2 Baofengs to use when outside of the vehicle when spotting and :tearsofjoy: if I want to hike(sp?).
I saw you posts on the LED interference. I should test for the same but so far no plans to go out lol.

Reactions: Graeman