• HTML tutorial

vanlife4x4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hamburg, Germany
Member #

Hi Björn,

thanks for your work, sounds good. I`m still interested but can`t give a yes to one of the dates yet. Will follow this Thread furthermore.

Arne

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Björn,

thanks for your work, sounds good. I`m still interested but can`t give a yes to one of the dates yet. Will follow this Thread furthermore.

Arne
Hi Arne,

Thanks for you kind reply!

Let's see how it works in the end.

Enjoy the sunny weekend!

Björn

Reactions: vanlife4x4

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi Björn,

The concept for the training is great. We could definitely attend the June or July dates. September is tentative as it is in the middle of a vacation period and I may be on the road.

Super work on this!

Rick

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Björn,

The concept for the training is great. We could definitely attend the June or July dates. September is tentative as it is in the middle of a vacation period and I may be on the road.

Super work on this!

Rick
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds good! So we already have five potential participants for the June date!

Let's wait a few more days to see what other feedback comes in here. I am of course aware that the beginning of June is very soon and we are still in the situation that is uncertain what is allowed then and what is not. The talks that took place here in Germany yesterday on how to deal with tested, vaccinated and recovered people are a good start in a direction that gives me hope that soon more will be possible and that we can meet again. Let's see what will actually be decided now (by the end of may?).

Have a nice day!

Björn

Reactions: NotGumby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So, no more replies here. I currently count 6 interested people for the June date. Two of them from the Netherlands, where it is currently not clear when a trip to Germany is (safely) possible. I have somehow the suspicion that the beginning of June is too early for such an event. And so that the 2nd day can really be carried out we also need more participants. What do you think?

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi Björn - I agree that June is most likely to soon. Especially if we want the second day.

Rick

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Yes, I'm afraid so too. The dates mentioned are only the currently planned dates (without guarantee that it will take place) and there will be more dates as soon as the situation allows. We just stay relaxed, keep looking at the situation and the day will come when this will work. I'm looking forward to it. I'll stay tuned and keep you posted.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
@NotGumby Rick, you asked about this on the weekend in Bad Kissingen and I'd like to revisit the thread here since the topic is hugely important.

I have asked the GRC here. The dates for the special trainings on first aid situations in the sports and outdoor area are not yet fixed for 2022. As soon as I know them, I'll let you know and then we'll take up the whole thing on a smaller scale for the time being as discussed. I.e. we pick a date where most of those who are interested have time and then everyone can register directly with the GRC for the training.

And then we can still see if there are enough people that we can maybe add some time with special questions/ topics and in the evening we can barbecue, camp, etc. together. We will see.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Then it's really about time. Great that you want to join!

Everyone should do a refresher course every 2 years latest in my eyes. Because for example too many people still die in everyday situations like sudden cardiac arrest, just because so many people can't help, are not able to do a proper CPR or are afraid of doing something wrong. That is very sad. That is only one example. We can all get into the situation of having to help very quickly, it doesn't have to be an overlanding trip to a far away place, no, it can happen every day, every minute, in traffic, at work or at home.

So, I will let you know as soon as the dates are fixed.

Reactions: Claus_za and K12

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Thanks Björn for pursuing this training! Linda and I are definitely going to attend.

You’re right, proper first aid training is so important not just for overlanding, but for everyday situations.

Looking forward to this!