Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

I heard from Dave, @Polaris Overland that there are questions about meeting up and do some First Aid tenchics training then.
I think that is a brilliant idea and with maybe some other workshops it could fill a weekend meet.

Therefor the following questions;
1. Who is capable to do such a first aid technics clinic? No full FA course, just the basic but so important technics.
2. Who does know someone who could do such clinic?
3. What other workshops would you like to see on such a weekend?
4. If you have skills, would you do a workshop?

I hope people like to do such a meet with some workshops and would like to participate in organising such a meet.

Greetings from Robert

List of interested people;

1. Sven (Vetta)
2. Arne (vanlife4x4)
3. Constantin (Constantin)
4. Björn (El-Dracho)
5. Robert (Robert OB 33/48)
6. Frederique (Girlfriend/Dragonriders-navigator on the forum)

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Robert,

Yes, we discussed about it yesterday and there where several people who are interested.

There where also several offers already and I suggested to put this here in the form for sake of better organisation and good overview about when, who, what etc. So thanks for opening this topic here!

Dave offered already that he would be able to provide an EFR training where it would be possible to get a padi certifcate at the end. That is interesting for me.

Great would be a kind of meeting with some more workshops, good talks, maybe a little drive and some beers around the firechat.

What I like to offer is a workshop about general saftey and problem solving while overlanding, this could include but is not limited to documents, money, government office and important contacts, bribery and corruption, emergency communication, improvisation - tips and tricks, worst case scenarios, spareparts and tools, fuel quality and how to deal with it.

The combination of a vast experience in overlanding with a solid work experience in risk management helps me to go prepared on my overlanding trips and I provide similar trainings and advisory in that area also professionaly or in my freetime at overlander-meetings. I am happy to share this expertise with everyone here and would like to participate in organising such a meet.

Let´s see how this evolves and who is interested in such a workshop-meeting.

Cheers, Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi!

I had expected more feedback and enthusiasm for this topic. This especially after so many people in the whatsapp group called here, here, here.

I hope that a few more members will get in touch on such an important topic for overlanders and are interested in a great meeting among like-minded people.

Enjoy the day!

Bjoern

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I have already a Nurse who is also company first responder for the first aid part.
So that are two workshops covered.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I have already a Nurse who is also company first responder for the first aid part.
So that are two workshops covered.
Very good!

With regard to the EFR I personally would be more interested in someone to do this who comes from a tactical perspective as I do the usual frist aid trainings regularly anyway and the tactical part comes more close to our needs for overlanding. So I was really convinced about Daves offer. There was another member who offered a possibility that a fiend of him, an ex Marine, maxbe could provide this training. Such a trainer can offer real added value and make it interesting!

But of course I do not know the background of the person you have in mind...

Hopefully we will get a few more members motivated to participate! I am happy to support here and as said before like to participate in organising such a meet. How can we move this forward?

Bjoern

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

I think before we do a thing like that first Aid thing we all who are involved will discuss a bit before we are in front of a group.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I think before we do a thing like that first Aid thing we all who are involved will discuss a bit before we are in front of a group.
Of course, Robert! We need a proper organisation and a clear and well documented programme for such an event. This will require some work of all who participate to organize this. I know what I am talking about and know how much effort and time it takes when I organize something like that professionally.

But we need some participants first. So where are all the members who where interested when we discussed this on via whattsapp?

Cheers, Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I have contacted Fursten Forest for some rooms for those kind of clinics.
If I have enough responce I can get that in order and also with a complete price for a weekend.
Mmmhh, no replies from other members here?! Whats going on?

@Robert OB 33/48 Anything heard from FF?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

it is hard to organise something together. Easier to wait untill somebody organises something and then come to it.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Would be interested in such a training, safety, first aid and such things can get important real quick.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Would be interested in such a training, safety, first aid and such things can get important real quick.
Great, happy to hear that!

Yes, these are very important topics related to Overlanding. Not to scare people, but to deal with these important issues in advance and then be able to travel relaxed. And that is exactly what such training can do,

Beside that we can have a relaxed weekend, with good talks beside the campfire.

By the way, I do not share the opinion that it is easier to wait until someone organizes something and then simply take part. This is not what forms a strong community. In order to bring people together, it is necessary to ask their opinions, collect ideas and involve the participants so that everyone feels that they are in good hands. Just my experience.

Reactions: MazeVX

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
By the way, today on September 12th, is the International First Aid Day. The aim of this day of action is to raise awareness for the importance of proper emergency aid in the event of accidents and disasters in people's minds.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Great, happy to hear that!

Yes, these are very important topics related to Overlanding. Not to scare people, but to deal with these important issues in advance and then be able to travel relaxed. And that is exactly what such training can do,

Beside that we can have a relaxed weekend, with good talks beside the campfire.

By the way, I do not share the opinion that it is easier to wait until someone organizes something and then simply take part. This is not what forms a strong community. In order to bring people together, it is necessary to ask their opinions, collect ideas and involve the participants so that everyone feels that they are in good hands. Just my experience.
Hey Bjoern,

I did not think in any way about you when I did write that down.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey Bjoern,

I did not think in any way about you when I did write that down.
Hi Robert,

Everything is fine. I didn't even think so!

I was just thinking about how we can bring more people together here and form a stronger OB community in Europe. Dropped you a message re this.

Cheers, Bjoern

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hopefully we can do it soon. Furstenau isnt cooperative though. So, I guess we need a different location that is easier to acces, skip the offroading and doing a bit of driving instead and in the evening some workshops and grilling.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hopefully we can do it soon. Furstenau isnt cooperative though. So, I guess we need a different location that is easier to acces, skip the offroading and doing a bit of driving instead and in the evening some workshops and grilling.
Yeah, maybe another location is more feasible. Do you have something in mind?

Cheers, Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I completed a special first aid training at the Red Cross today. It was particularly regarding emergency situations involving outdoor activities. Be it hiking, paddling, camping, etc. The training lasted the whole day and was really extensive and varied. Great for freshing up on general first aid knowledge and learning more specific knowledge. I can absolutely recommend something like this.