Launch Member

Enthusiast III

CNY
First Name
Simply
Last Name
AnAdventure
Member #

I think that those of us North of PA could meet up with @Wawa Skittletits near Scranton, PA on Wed. Morning....Thoughts

@Cpol @Yota 4X4
Late joiner to this thread. Thanks for the heads up Hank.

I doubt I’ll roll on wed as that’s an entire extra day off for me, and the way i have it currently planned I took the week off afterwards. Figured since i was all the way to NC, I could do the Georgia Traverse, or drive/ ferry the entire OBX while primitive camping. I might just have to link up late because I’d rather keep my time off on the following week. Right now i don’t have to be back to work until the 19th.

BTW I’m also coming from the Syracuse area.

Definitely down to catch up sometime Thursday though even if it means highway flying for me.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Late joiner to this thread. Thanks for the heads up Hank.

I doubt I’ll roll on wed as that’s an entire extra day off for me, and the way i have it currently planned I took the week off afterwards. Figured since i was all the way to NC, I could do the Georgia Traverse, or drive/ ferry the entire OBX while primitive camping. I might just have to link up late because I’d rather keep my time off on the following week. Right now i don’t have to be back to work until the 19th.

BTW I’m also coming from the Syracuse area.

Definitely down to catch up sometime Thursday though even if it means highway flying for me.
Be sure you are checked in before 6pm on Thursday as they'll close the check in desk and you could risk getting stuck outside the campground area or off the premises for the night.

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'd be up for that if we could solidify link up point somewhere in GNFW or enroute to the expo. Remember, I moved to southern IL this summer, so I've got a 9 hr drive down I-64 from here, so I can do a map recon tonight and see what a potential overlap to your route would be.
Somehow notifications are not always working for me here, so I'm just seeing this now. I put in for volunteer days Thursday thru Saturday but I haven't heard back yet. I'd plan on leaving early Wednesday morning and arriving there sometime that afternoon. But I'm not making plans until I here confirmation of my volunteer schedule.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We had originally decided to go, then nixed the idea because of distance from where we'll be at the time. Not sure exactly where, but I'm guessing Colorado or Oklahoma. But now we've been re-thinking it. Just missed Overland West and Overland East just keeps running through my brain. I actually brought it up to my wife over dinner tonight and she's not completely against the idea.

So we might overland to overland if we decide to go.. who needs hotels right?

If we go it will be our first Overland Expo.. yes, cherry popped. So how soon should we get tickets? Will they sell out? Have they sold out?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Eric AKA Jeepsies

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I’m in Washington DC area, would love to caravan down. Wanted to log some miles on skyline drive or the blue ridge pkwy.
You know I'm down for that. Just trying to determine exactly when I'll be leaving. I'm thinking of leaving either Wed afternoon, or real early Thursday morning. I bought tickets to camp on site, and would like to be there the first day, Thursday.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

You know I'm down for that. Just trying to determine exactly when I'll be leaving. I'm thinking of leaving either Wed afternoon, or real early Thursday morning. I bought tickets to camp on site, and would like to be there the first day, Thursday.
Ditto! Tickets purchased and we are camping on site too.

I’m leaving early Thursday morning, 6 or 6:30, to give enough travel time and setup time once we arrive.

Would love to caravan and/or meet up in route or there.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabjku and Nickzero

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Ditto! Tickets purchased and we are camping on site too.

I’m leaving early Thursday morning, 6 or 6:30, t give enough travel time and setup time once we arrive.

Would love to caravan and/or meet up in route or there.
I'm thinking that's probably going to be what I do as well, even though I'm not a morning person!:tearsofjoy:

For anyone else up in the NOVA area, what's your plans?

I know Jrelaxed is going as well, but not sure what day just yet. Would be nice to have a good caravan cruising down!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

FL to NC. Heading out early November 8th to Charlotte NC. Spending the night in Charlotte at my brothers condo then shipping out to the Expo that morning of the 9th. (If any one wants to convoy up to 'Reeb Ranch' NC with me let me know here. I will be in Charlotte NC on the 9th and will establish a rendezvous point if necessary.) --- I should be riding up from Orlando FL with a few Overland Bound rigs on the 8th (Contact me if you want to join the convoy up to NC.) --- I will be primitive camping in the surrounding area of 'Reeb Ranch' during the 9th-10th and am curious to find out if any one will want to hit the trails on the 10th or 11th. --- Riding back to Orlando FL on the 12th. If anything I can coordinate a trail ride in the surrounding areas of the Expo. I grew up outside of Charlotte and would like to meet some of you guys and wheels some trails. - Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Buy your tickets soon they are available.
I will be primitive camping in the surrounding area of 'Reeb Ranch'. Curious to find out where folks will be camping... Hoping to intercept some OB members here to get a good idea of where to set up camp.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

fjwrangler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynn Haven, Florida
First Name
Neal
Last Name
McGee
Member #

I'm heading up from Florida. It looks like we'll have a small convoy on the way up and a group completing the Georgia Traverse after.
FL to NC. Heading out early November 8th to Charlotte NC. Spending the night in Charlotte at my brothers condo then shipping out to the Expo that morning of the 9th. (If any one wants to convoy up to 'Reeb Ranch' NC with me let me know here. I will be in Charlotte NC on the 9th and will establish a rendezvous point if necessary.) --- I should be riding up from Orlando FL with a few Overland Bound rigs on the 8th (Contact me if you want to join the convoy up to NC.) --- I will be primitive camping in the surrounding area of 'Reeb Ranch' during the 9th-10th and am curious to find out if any one will want to hit the trails on the 10th or 11th. --- Riding back to Orlando FL on the 12th. If anything I can coordinate a trail ride in the surrounding areas of the Expo. I grew up outside of Charlotte and would like to meet some of you guys and wheels some trails. - Nickzero
I am joining in on this just now. I am not sure it is going to work for me yet, but want to make it this year to the Expo (planned on going last year, but had to have surgery and couldn't make it). I am in Panama City and will probably be with a couple of people. Which route are you guys taking?

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I am joining in on this just now. I am not sure it is going to work for me yet, but want to make it this year to the Expo (planned on going last year, but had to have surgery and couldn't make it). I am in Panama City and will probably be with a couple of people. Which route are you guys taking?
Panama City is only a few hours from me. I would generally take 95 N from Central FL to 77 to Charlotte NC. --- I will also be riding up with a few rigs. Every one in Florida interested in riding up should establish a meet spot here and all convoy up together to the expo.

fjwrangler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynn Haven, Florida
First Name
Neal
Last Name
McGee
Member #

Panama City is only a few hours from me. I would generally take 95 N from Central FL to 77 to Charlotte NC. --- I will also be riding up with a few rigs. Every one in Florida interested in riding up should establish a meet spot here and all convoy up together to the expo.
I hope to decide with a couple other guys within the next week or so and will be in touch. I am planning on riding with someone else.

Reactions: Nickzero