Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Was looking to see who is heading or planning to be going to NC for Expo East in the East Region.

Wanted to Gather some interest in meeting up at a campsite in MD or VA prior to continuing onto NC.

Personally I am on the fence about it with regards to PTO for work and such but I feel like I may be able to swing it by working a few extra days this summer

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

I am planning on attending with my wife. We would be coming from Syracuse, NY and a half way campsite would be a good plan! Count us in!
I may be making the trip solo or with one of my dogs, the fiance like to join in the fun every now and then but for the most part lets my hobbies by my own.

Where in the Syracuse area are you guys from? We spend many weekends up in Skaneateles, especially in the summer

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

I may be making the trip solo or with one of my dogs, the fiance like to join in the fun every now and then but for the most part lets my hobbies by my own.

Where in the Syracuse area are you guys from? We spend many weekends up in Skaneateles, especially in the summer
Oswego area but just moved to Baldwinsville. My wife and I both work in Syracuse.

Skaneateles is a beautiful area!

Reactions: Ian McAdorey

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

And I am originally from Flemington, NJ...
Ha! I'm not to far away from there currently!

I'm heading up from Florida. It looks like we'll have a small convoy on the way up and a group completing the Georgia Traverse after.
That's awesome. I wish I could join you guys. I'm originally from the South Floirda area but I am now displaced to New Jersey

If you guys are passing through along Interstate 81 look up the guy in the attached post. I wheeled and camped in that quite a bit over the last few decades.
This is definitely something I would look into for the return drive north. looks like it could be a great time

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Ticket purchased so it’s official. Most likely flying solo and will be looking to get off road in Virginia/West Virginia on the way down like last year.

Reactions: outwardbound

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
When are you headed down? I am doing the overland experience, so plan to drive down Thursday and leave Sunday.
Early plans would be to leave Wednesday morning and maybe camp on flagpole or somewhere in that neck of the woods that night. Finish the drive in on Thursday.

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Early plans would be to leave Wednesday morning and maybe camp on flagpole or somewhere in that neck of the woods that night. Finish the drive in on Thursday.
Skittletits - Where is Flagpole? I'm in mythical Central NJ and can probably meet up with you somewhere along the way or possibly at Flagpole to camp. Nothing beats a Subaru sidekick

The fiance said she is good with me to go as long as I don't mess with work too much (starting a new job next week).

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Skittletits - Where is Flagpole? I'm in mythical Central NJ and can probably meet up with you somewhere along the way or possibly at Flagpole to camp. Nothing beats a Subaru sidekick

The fiance said she is good with me to go as long as I don't mess with work too much (starting a new job next week).
Glad to hear you can go and even moreso about the job. Congrats on the new gig!

Flagpole Knob is west of Harrisonburg Virginia right near the border. I’d be taking 81 south to Harrisonburg so if your schedule allows for it I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t meet up along the way or there.

WE ROME

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Glenmoore, PA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Kirkpatrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N3VMI, WRER282
Service Branch
USAF retired, fire p
I hope to attend OEe and live in eastern PA about 40 miles west of Philly.

If anyone wants to camp here on their way to/from OEx in NC, we have space.
drbeemer73@gmail.com

Mac
Glenmoore, PA 19343

Last edited:
Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Ian McAdorey

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Syracuse, NY 13219, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
McAdorey
Member #

Glad to hear you can go and even moreso about the job. Congrats on the new gig!
The new job is exciting, got laid off at my last one, they ran out of work for me to do. Got a new one making more money doing something more up my alley.

Flagpole Knob is west of Harrisonburg Virginia right near the border. I’d be taking 81 south to Harrisonburg so if your schedule allows for it I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t meet up along the way or there.
I am definitely taking off the Thursday and the Friday prior, I am not sure If I will be able to take off the Wednesday prior. Also not sure if I am rolling solo yet or if a buddy is joining me but so far I am planning on running solo

I hope to attend OEe and live in eastern PA, camping here is open, we have space.
Not to far off, if the schedules work out we may be able to meet up along the way or at least when we get down there

Zach Pemberton

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crown City, OH
Member #

Hey guys not trying to highjack the thread but I am trying to get trail info for a meeting for WV and Western VA trails. I’m willing to research as much as possible but any insights would be very much appreciated.

Just want to get some things up and going for this area and thought some of you might be interested.

Also I haven’t purchased tickets yet but I do plan on being in Asheville!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
The new job is exciting, got laid off at my last one, they ran out of work for me to do. Got a new one making more money doing something more up my alley.
Yeah I know about the last one and responded to your post in MtnRoo Northeast. Glad to hear it man.

I am definitely taking off the Thursday and the Friday prior, I am not sure If I will be able to take off the Wednesday prior. Also not sure if I am rolling solo yet or if a buddy is joining me but so far I am planning on running solo
Yeah that’s the challenge I mentioned previously. Everyone’s schedule is different. I like to roll in to camp at expo on Thursday but let me know either way.