Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

As much as I'd love to, mine is an actual working dog with a job and has to be trained most every single day to stay sharp.
I recently took her on a 2 day trip out in the N.F. and took along all her training stuff. It's a lot of work and worry because she's a huge investment in my business.
Does your Name have anything to do with the Job?

Reactions: 9Mike2

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Can you guys recommend something for ticks. ? Don't have any experience with those. I heard they can be a big problem. Never had an encounter yet, but want to be prepared..
Well you’ve gotten a lot of good advice already!

My family has always had great luck with a basic flea and tick collar. Never had a dog with a tick. I have also tried the spray from the farm and ranch type stores. It also seems to keep the free of parasites.

They are fairly simple to remove so long as they aren’t too deep and engorged. While at camp, check exposed areas on your dog, like in the ears or the under belly. If you find any, tweezers do a fine job. As long as Fluffy will sit still for ya

Reactions: leeloo and 9Mike2

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
I don’t bring my dog with me, because she not a camping dog. As a puppy, her and her brother where found on a dirt.
she loves doing walks in the National Forest, but even just getting to the trail head she can get nervous. When camping after about 2-3 days of being out and traveling she starts to go nuts.
We think camping that she is not getting a good nights sleep, because of everything going on outside and after a period of time, it starts to affect her. The second time she went with me, when we got home, she climb in a chair and didn’t move for about 16 hours. Better for her to just stay home

picture is from our second time out and on a walk in the Gaia National Forest F05C5DE3-6CB3-401F-8ECB-6367789433EF.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and leeloo

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I don’t bring my dog with me, because she not a camping dog. As a puppy, her and her brother where found on a dirt.
she loves doing walks in the National Forest, but even just getting to the trail head she can get nervous. When camping after about 2-3 days of being out and traveling she starts to go nuts.
We think camping that she is not getting a good nights sleep, because of everything going on outside and after a period of time, it starts to affect her. The second time she went with me, when we got home, she climb in a chair and didn’t move for about 16 hours. Better for her to just stay home

picture is from our second time out and on a walk in the Gaia National Forest View attachment 230614
We have Two Mini Schnauzers There very close to 4 years old and there Just beginning to settle into Off-roading with the Jeep after 4 years. Dog's our Pack animals and they prefer to stay with their Pack I would keep taking him even though he Doesn't Sleep much in time he will settle in and Figure his Place.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and NMBruce

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I don't take mine if its summer because Arizona, or if I have the doors off

I also only take the young one because the old one doesn't like it
We bought a Battery Powered GEEK AIRE FAN to take with us when it is Hot, We have Overlanded in Temperatures to 110 Just usually Drive during the Hottest Part of the Day.

Reactions: 9Mike2

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
We have Two Mini Schnauzers There very close to 4 years old and there Just beginning to settle into Off-roading with the Jeep after 4 years. Dog's our Pack animals and they prefer to stay with their Pack I would keep taking him even though he Doesn't Sleep much in time he will settle in and Figure his Place.
Not going to happen, Ellie is going on 8 and every time we go out on forest roads she gets nervous, sometimes just looking out the back.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Ubiety