Advocate II

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Rochelle
Last Name
Czajka
Member #

You getting a Self Unlocking
I love bringing mine with me! She goes just about everywhere with me.. as a matter of fact I will be working with a shop that outfits K-9 units so I can keep the rig cool when I need to leave her in it.
You getting a self unlocking door? K9 Units have them just in Case
As I’m not the expert on the topic I will discuss with the shop to see what would be the best options.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

How long be
We try to take Sadie with us all the time, but there is times we can't. As for the Boots, I hunt the So Cal desert , and we started using boots on the Dogs as not only the heat can destroy pads of their feet, the cactus everywhere. As one of Hunting Dog handler said, if you wouldn't walk on it bare footed don't make your Dog do it.
How Long before they become comfortable walking in the boots?

Reactions: Desert Runner

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

One Thing we do when it's hot and we both
As I’m not the expert on the topic I will discuss with the shop to see what would be the best options.
When we both Leave the car we Pop the hood and Leave it running, Don't put the Hood up just pop it - keeps the Air Conditioner running and the Vehicle cool inside

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

They are a big switch up from the Huskies we use to raise, who do only what they want to do....and if you have them retrieve your bird it's theirs....
I have worked for a Few Huskies, To close to cats in my humble opinion.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
They are a big switch up from the Huskies we use to raise, who do only what they want to do....and if you have them retrieve your bird it's theirs....
I want a big happy buddy dog and a lab seems to be the breed. Never hunted birds but I do enjoy hunting clays ;)

Reactions: 9Mike2

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

I’ve been around labs my whole life they’re awesome. We had to put our 4 yo silver down last year. She was a big time camper. Rode in the truck like that’s where she was born to be. She wasn’t from a hunting line so she didn’t have the high energy level our new yellow male does. He seems like he will make a great bird dog but whines a little more until he settles down in the truck. Either way they love to please and love to camp!

I find their loyalty to be very high. Trigger knows I’m the boss, and while he is friendly towards everyone, he responds best to me. Thanks for this thread!

Attachments

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

Only 2 problems with a Lab, They Shed and there everyone's Buddy "No Loyalty" - There great family Dog's and a Underrated working dog
We didn't notice the fur with having Huskys too, but when the last one died. The fur tumble weeds in the house went down by half! The Black Lab sheds too , twice a year , six months in the spring and six months in the fall.. Oh and if you get a Black Lab, we had to put night lights all over the house so we could see the Lab at night, and having an Orange collar helps..
And all our Labs were a good judge of people as they keep all my youngest Daughter's boy friends away from the house!

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I’ve been around labs my whole life they’re awesome. We had to put our 4 yo silver down last year. She was a big time camper. Rode in the truck like that’s where she was born to be. She wasn’t from a hunting line so she didn’t have the high energy level our new yellow male does. He seems like he will make a great bird dog but whines a little more until he settles down in the truck. Either way they love to please and love to camp!

I find their loyalty to be very high. Trigger knows I’m the boss, and while he is friendly towards everyone, he responds best to me. Thanks for this thread!
Sorry to hear about your Fur Baby, they do get in to your heart...

I have hunted with a pair of Grand Field Champs, it was like hunting with a pair of Robots. I hunt , I share my sandwich with my dog, love them up the whole time out there. We are buddies, not master and robot. Don't miss, they will give you a dirty look...

Last edited:
Reactions: 307dulaney

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

Sorry to hear about your Fur Baby, they do get in to your heart...

I have hunted with a pair of Grand Field Champs, it was like hunting with a pair of Robots. I hunt , I share my sandwich with my dog, love them up the whole time out there. We are buddies, not master and robot. Don't miss, they will give you a dirty look...
You’re absolutely right. Too funny. They shoot some B lasers at ya if you can’t do your part on the hunt