Enthusiast I

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
I use all of the methods.

Via when I'm lazy.
Pourover, Sweet Maria Smart Dripper. Very good pourver method, lets you steep it for a few minutes before dripping.
Pourover, MSR coffee strainer. Very good and quick and easy for small cups. Does get grit in the coffee.
(I use a chemex at home, best drip system hands down)
French press: JetBoil, easy and quick and nice to have a dedicated stove/coffee maker for overlanding.
French press: Stanley MVCS, best all around.

This summer we settled on the Stanley Mountain Vacuum Coffee System. It is nice to use the pot to portion the water and boil it. The french press makes a nice easy pot of coffee. Then the vacuum bottle keeps it warm while we nurse it all morning. I get up earlier than my wife, so this way I don't have to make another fresh cup for her.

Here's a video review I did of the Stanley system:
I also tried Kuju disposable pour over. It's good, but not fast and not enough coffee: read more
-M
I found a old enamel coffee pot (5 quart) I cleaned it up and plan on using it @ camp Question is 5 quarts of water , how much coffee should I add to water before boiling? And do you use the cold water method to settle the grounds or drop eggs in it to catch them ? Thanks in advance

Reactions: MrChris

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I just added the new french press option to my Stoke Voltaic electric kettle. Can't wait to try it out.