Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
October Meeting Minutes:

Attendance: 5 rigs and 10 members in total

Topics:

• Moving the location of the monthly meeting.
    • Meeting location will now be held at the Mavis Stouffer Park.
    • 1000 Stouffer St. Ripon, CA 95366
    • Start time of 1300hrs will remain the same.
    • This area will allow us to have more shade and bigger area for higher attendance if needed.
    • Feel free to utilize your camp kitchen for lunch.
    • Bring your chairs and your family!

• Mojave Trail Cleanup (Nov. 12th-15th)
    • Contact Kent Reynolds about being put on the wait list if you were not able to RSVP.

• Possible day trip to the Sierra’s (closures permitting)
    • Not definite date has been set! Let us know what day might work for you!

• Central Valley end of year trip to Alabama Hills!
    • Currently looking at Dec. 4th-6th or 11th-13th (both are Fri-Sun)
    • Please feel free to provide your input if you are planning on attending!

• Possible Central Valley Meeting camp out in Jan or Feb at Caswell State park!
    • Just a fun 1 night camp out/meeting with everyone!

*****November Meeting will be moved to the 22nd due to the Mojave Trail Clean Up*****

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
I’m really hoping to go on the Alabama Hills trip in Dec. The better weekend for me is Dec 11-13 because my daughter’s bday is the weekend before. But I would hate for the trip to be determined by my schedule, and then not be able to go for some reason (Given when a potential acquisition could close for work, I may not have the flexibility to attend). Just throwing my $0.02 in there...

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
I’m really hoping to go on the Alabama Hills trip in Dec. The better weekend for me is Dec 11-13 because my daughter’s bday is the weekend before. But I would hate for the trip to be determined by my schedule, and then not be able to go for some reason (Given when a potential acquisition could close for work, I may not have the flexibility to attend). Just throwing my $0.02 in there...
I also vote for December 11th-13th

Reactions: Mark E

Mark E

Rank VII

Inventor II

Manteca, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Elness
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YRY
The 11th-13th dates work better for me, but too soon to totally commit due to work.
I don’t want to rain on the parade, but I may have to snow on it! The passes might be closed by then, so we’d have to consider alternate routes. We could go to Reno then S on 395, or hwy 58 east out of Bakersfield to 14 N to 395 N .
I don’t know which route is shorter, but they look significantly longer if we can’t go 120 or 108.
Fingers crossed

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
The 11th-13th dates work better for me, but too soon to totally commit due to work.
I don’t want to rain on the parade, but I may have to snow on it! The passes might be closed by then, so we’d have to consider alternate routes. We could go to Reno then S on 395, or hwy 58 east out of Bakersfield to 14 N to 395 N .
I don’t know which route is shorter, but they look significantly longer if we can’t go 120 or 108.
Fingers crossed
Good call out! We'll definitely be watching the weather patterns and we'll have alternate routes in place.

Reactions: Mark E and PapaDave

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
Hello Everyone!

@BettyWhiteOneSeven has planned a last minute trip to Signal Peak in the Tahoe National Forrest. We are planning on leaving town Friday afternoon and camping for the night close to the trailhead. If you do not want to camp out, this would be a great day trip! We will be at the trailhead @ 0900 to air down and wait for anyone that will be meeting us there. It should be a real fun trip as we are expecting snow and in the area on Friday. The weather on Saturday looks beautiful with some sun, but please plan for cold temperatures and muddy conditions. I will be posting the RP shortly. I hope to see everyone there!

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT

Bucket_Head_57

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Crutchfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZT
If anyone is planning on camping with us tomorrow night, @BettyWhiteOneSeven will be leaving Modesto around 1pm-1:30pm. We couldn't get a reservation for campsite since it's currently 1st come 1st serve. We're gonna basically see what we can get. Otherwise we'll see everyone at Chevron gas station in Cisco Grove at 0900 Saturday morning!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
If anyone is planning on camping with us tomorrow night, @BettyWhiteOneSeven will be leaving Modesto around 1pm-1:30pm. We couldn't get a reservation for campsite since it's currently 1st come 1st serve. We're gonna basically see what we can get. Otherwise we'll see everyone at Chevron gas station in Cisco Grove at 0900 Saturday morning!
I’m on call this weekend so I won’t make it, bummer!

robert young

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Murphys, California, United States
First Name
robert
Last Name
young
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
kn6hwy
I would like to make the drive down from Murphys to attend, things have been way too slow with this COVID distraction, we drove up and did part of the Corral Hollow trail the other day as part of breaking the new old rig in...

Reactions: Bucket_Head_57