Supporter

Protector II

Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Corrie
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ya, I don't generally do email for anything other than signing up on forums. Too clunky on my phone (seriously, people use the internet on anything else??)

But I guess for you, Corrie, things will have to change...
The effort is appreciated. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Please tell me you don't heat your canned goods over open flame. Not all, but many canneries use sealing chemicals that are inert and harmless until heated. Once heated, you run the risk of harmful metals and possibly even bisphenol A leaching into your food.

If you must, put it in a saucepan of boiling water at least.
No, I eat it cold.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pleasant View, UT, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Haven't heard any talk of comms coming or going... Anyone using cb or ham? I have both, let's decide on channel / frequency so if I see any body I can at least chat.

Sent from the future using outdated technology. On Tapatalk.

Reactions: Meta6981

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Haven't heard any talk of comms coming or going... Anyone using cb or ham? I have both, let's decide on channel / frequency so if I see any body I can at least chat.

This makes me sad. My Midland is smoked, I can Rx but to the best of my knowledge I have no Tx. Does anyone have a power meter for radios? I have an SWR meter but that doesn't measure Tx.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
This makes me sad. My Midland is smoked, I can Rx but to the best of my knowledge I have no Tx. Does anyone have a power meter for radios? I have an SWR meter but that doesn't measure Tx.
I've got an old, and I mean old, CB that will plug into a cigarette lighter and a mag mount antenna I can bring along.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I've got an old, and I mean old, CB that will plug into a cigarette lighter and a mag mount antenna I can bring along.
Well there ya go. Grab it. I hate being deaf-mute on the trail. Issue turned up last time I was out and I was so disgusted with the whole outing I hadn't thought of it until just tonight.

Reactions: WCO_Ryan and Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Well there ya go. Grab it. I hate being deaf-mute on the trail. Issue turned up last time I was out and I was so disgusted with the whole outing I hadn't thought of it until just tonight.
I'll knock the dust off and bring it along.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I got a cb. Channel 16 cuz 4x4 lol

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I'll add my 2 cents. Mountain House dehydrated spaghetti ( or lasagna ) Boil water, pour in bag, eat and throw away. It doesn't get any easier and it actually tastes good too.
Doh just remembered I have 2 boxes in the garage

Reactions: Narbob

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I have to admit, it's not often I can have my bed loaded this soon before a trip. I think I've told you before that I tend to get home on the Friday of at about 4 PM and have to unload the thing first. This is refreshing, but I don't doubt that I will forget...something.

Reactions: Michael