Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

@sabjku
If you're suggesting that the statistics are still alarming even after REI's campaign, I agree. If you're implying that this result therefore cant be avoided because REI failed, I disagree.

One of the barriers being discussed here and in the article is "belonging". It has to do with representation. If you dont see people like you represented in certain places, its difficult to convince yourself you belong there in the first place. This goes for every marginalized group in every space.

It takes targeted and repeated effort to change that belief. One company's ad campaign won't likely convince you to do or buy something, but seeing it again and again from multiple places will start breaking down that barrier.

(Also, the NFL is not the best comparison choice. I understand your intended point, but it is a false equivalency. The NFL grapples with race and gender equality in entirely different ways to what we're discussing here.)

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
As THE site Mod, what did I allow that your so upset about, please note this is the second time you been asked by someone, either reply or move along......

Jim
A few postings from last night have been deleted. I'll delete my post too ....... and move along.

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

@sabjku
If you're suggesting that the statistics are still alarming even after REI's campaign, I agree. If you're implying that this result therefore cant be avoided because REI failed, I disagree.

One of the barriers being discussed here and in the article is "belonging". It has to do with representation. If you dont see people like you represented in certain places, its difficult to convince yourself you belong there in the first place. This goes for every marginalized group in every space.

It takes targeted and repeated effort to change that belief. One company's ad campaign won't likely convince you to do or buy something, but seeing it again and again from multiple places will start breaking down that barrier.

(Also, the NFL is not the best comparison choice. I understand your intended point, but it is a false equivalency. The NFL grapples with race and gender equality in entirely different ways to what we're discussing here.)

I think we both are pretty much in agreement with my reference to REI. I was simply suggesting that REI has at least acknowledged this and is making great efforts with their marketing to make the outdoors more appealing, and inclusive, to everyone, and I'm sure it's definitely helping at least. I'm in the bicycle industry and I see it here as well with trying to get more people into the hobby/lifestyle as well. My concern is with everything being labeled as 'racist' these days.

Cav 3724

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Coronado California
First Name
Steve
Last Name
C
I am in an interracial relationship. My wife doesn't like the outdoors, and I do. I was planning on trying to talk her into some trips out west, but I doubt she'll go so I was going to spend time with my grandkids and even spend some time alone. Now I think I've picked the wrong retirement hobby. I just joined Overland Bound, and this is the first thread I've read. Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
Topper 142. Off-roading, over landing is a great pastime/ hobby. It might be that your grandkids would like to be part of it as well, but they haven't been exposed to it yet. I don't know. They may love it,maybe not. You won't know till you try. The memories are endless. Spend the time, spend the effort. If the love of the pastime isn't passed down to the future generations it can be lost forever. We are responsible for teaching our kids/grandkids life's pleasures Don't let the opportunity for memories pass you by. By the way, put some floats on the jeep. Water landings can be a mess.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I am in an interracial relationship. My wife doesn't like the outdoors, and I do. I was planning on trying to talk her into some trips out west, but I doubt she'll go so I was going to spend time with my grandkids and even spend some time alone. Now I think I've picked the wrong retirement hobby. I just joined Overland Bound, and this is the first thread I've read. Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
No, no, no David, don't sell your jeep if some of this thread bothers you. I hope you read all the posts and saw the diversity of opinions. OB is a great community but of course there is going to be differing opinions.

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

Hey man. One of the 'others' you're talking about here. Have you even read through this thread, or are you just reacting to the title with your gut response and assuming you're correct and everyone else has no idea how the world works?

No, we aren't asking for free handouts. We're asking for a discussion on how to make the outdoors more accessible to people who might not even be aware that it exists. I had to restructure my entire life to be able to enjoy the outdoors as I do now, and that has entailed a bunch of costs, like leaving my family and community and more lucrative job opportunities. If this 'other' born on the Great Plains wanted to see mountains, I didn't have any other choice. That's how much I valued getting outside, and that's a result of growing up surrounded by concrete and reading old Boy's Life mags. My story is pretty extraordinary for my demographic - I've had chances and opportunities come my way that my neighbors could only dream of; my approach to experiencing the outdoors is not sustainable nor applicable to everyone.

The question we're asking is how to get 'these others' access to the outdoors that doesn't involve uprooting oneself. I get it, you don't care. 'These others' aren't your people. I care because they are my people, and I recognize that they stand to gain all the benefits of enjoying the outdoors that you take for granted. What the article with the shitty headline posted by @grubworm is trying to say -- poorly -- is that every one of 'these others' has a vote, that the federal government is in charge of managing many of our wilderness areas, that there are many alternative uses for these areas, like resource extraction and real estate development, that could go to the highest bidder if they aren't protected by policy, and that 'these others' might not vote to protect our outdoors if they don't have any connection with them -- the same connection that you take for granted.

No one is asking you, personally, to do anything. We're laying out the state of the board and describing where all the pieces are. We're discussing solutions to connect 'these others' with our outdoor spaces without treading on anyone's liberties. If you want to be part of that discussion, then we, the others, would love to hear your ideas. If you only came to belittle the endeavor and make gross generalizations about your fellow americans without providing any better solutions, then what are you doing here, Chris?

No.

I'll acknowledge you're good at this, though. Inferring your opinion as to what your quoted party meant, then drawing it along racial lines has been used to death ("these people" "your people" "my people"). Please stop this, we're all capable of deciding for ourselves what was implied if not directly stated (and race is THE third rail these days, particularly if you're white). Have enough faith in the community here to connect dots, or not, on our own.

You'll need to explain to me how the meat of the article, let alone the headline, isn't blatantly racist taken in the context presented. Wouldn't all races from the inner city benefit from the outdoor experiences you hold so dear IF they felt the same way about it as you do? Not my people, or your people, or their people, but just all people? Am I to presume that white folks from the inner city either have better resources to get to the great outdoors or don't really matter because, statistically, they're already over represented?

My personal experience camping in Colorado and Arizona, South Dakota and the Midwest is the Latino community is well represented. Much less so inside the National Parks. What conclusions should I draw with this, and only this, information? Yeah, seems to be a lot of this going around lately.

You state that "No, we aren't asking for free handouts. We're asking for a discussion on how to make the outdoors more accessible to people who might not even be aware that it exists". So first, how would you propose accomplishing that agenda without money? Fundraising? I'll donate (with a caveat). But I suspect it will be with taxpayer funds, which puts a hole in your "no one is asking you, personally, to do anything" (except pay for it). And second, and my much larger issue with this "proposal", is that it is being directed to minorities only. Again, you'll need to explain to me how that isn't the very definition of racism.

Your question on how to get folks to the outdoors without uprooting is a good one to me personally. First, do they have any interest? If yes, let's keep going. If no, then stop. Otherwise, it stinks of well intentioned do gooderism. So back to yes, they have an interest. Make them pay a portion of their cost or work it off beforehand a/k/a Habitat for Humanity model. You'll find out immediately if they're truly interested or not. Those that are won't complain for the opportunity. Skin-in-the-game trumps lip service/philosophical mumbo-jumbo every time. Those that are looking for a free trip be damned.

Your comments on restructuring your life/forgone opportunities applies to everyone regardless. We make our choices based on OUR choices, not someone elses. Those choices have benefits/consequences. You weigh yours, I'll weigh mine.

So, in order to avoid gross generalizations, I'll be specific and personal. My brother was married to a black woman (her self identification, not my description, African American offended her). My oldest nephew is the corrector of all racial injustices. He's educated, well spoken and has an agenda/chip on his shoulder. After his umteenth attempt of white guilting our daughters, I asked him to knock it off (with no effect). When he turned his attention on me and my inability to understand his burden because of my whiteness, I asked him to provide me with a copy of his application essay to NYU, that I was sure it would enlighten me to his struggles. You see, he was never a very good student nor was he an athlete. But he was awarded a full ride. Never saw the essay, but he sure behaved better around the girls since then. Hmmm, what conclusion should you draw from this, and only this information?

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I’m honestly glad this thread is here. It’s making everyone do some thinking which is always good. That being said, I think it is important to bring to light some issues that have not been addressed:

If you want to go help underprivileged urban kids and teach them about overlanding, go for it. It’s a noble cause and I applaud that. BUT THAT ISN’T WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT. The fact that this thread has derailed to “helping those poor unfortunate people” or “I can’t be racist because I have black friends” is exactly why so many people of color feel uncomfortable getting into overlanding. It’s called Implicit Bias and it‘s a fancy term for explaining that you might not think you are being racist, but you definitely are influenced by stereotypes you have developed.

Guess what? Plenty of people of color have the means to get into overalanding on their own. The article is pointing out that many don’t go because the hills are full of old white people who act like some ‘wilderness noblesse oblige’ with the responsibility of guiding “those people.” The only help many of them need from you is to get out of their way and stop acting like outdoor experiences are some gift that only your guidance can offer. Everyone has the same right to be outdoors, and even if their camping experience is different from what you think it should be, that’s OK. Let everyone do their thing.

Yes, some people of color will want your help, believe me they will ask if they want it. Be kind just like you should be to every person you meet on the trail. Some people will NEED your help. Again, please lend a hand, it’s the right thing to do. But trying to organize some “Overland Bound Charity” is not the right approach. .

How many people of color are on the Overland Bound staff? I’m guessing zero. If I’m wrong I bet it’s still less than I can count on one had. How about we get a person of color as a moderator or a regional rep? That would be a great place to start! Get some representation for those who are severely under represented on the forums, in the retail camping stores, and most importantly, get them out into the National Parks.

Do we need better public transportation like the article briefly mentions? Absolutely, let’s get on board with that cause too. But don’t equate one issue with the other. Lack of transportation may be a contributing factor, but it’s not the underlying issue

I know a lot of you mean well, and I’m sorry for the rant. But please PLEASE take some time to think about implicit bias and how you can trully affect change in your everyday interactions. It’s important.

Last edited:

oglj

Rank 0

Contributor I

valle del sol, az
First Name
og
Last Name
lopez
No to what?

You'll need to explain to me how the meat of the article, let alone the headline, isn't blatantly racist taken in the context presented.
I don't need to explain squat to you pal.

Wouldn't all races from the inner city benefit from the outdoor experiences you hold so dear IF they felt the same way about it as you do? Not my people, or your people, or their people, but just all people?
They sure would. Outer city, too. My people are all people. I'm not a fan of othering, like @BCMoto is. It divides, and prevents us from achieving common goals. The community I grew up with had people from all backgrounds - our commonality was being working class in a shitty neighborhood, regardless of skin color.

Am I to presume that white folks from the inner city either have better resources to get to the great outdoors or don't really matter because, statistically, they're already over represented?
You can presume whatever you want. My personal feeling on the matter is sadness that this national conversation about race and equality is leaving out disenfranchised white americans, both urban and rural. But you're not talking to the captain of zeitgeist here, I'm just a guy.

My personal experience camping in Colorado and Arizona, South Dakota and the Midwest is the Latino community is well represented. Much less so inside the National Parks. What conclusions should I draw with this, and only this, information? Yeah, seems to be a lot of this going around lately.
Dude I love drawing statistical conclusions from anecdotal evidence. Edit: that's sarcasm. Anecdotes can supplement statistical evidence, to uncover the 'why' and 'how' of the statistical 'what' that we observe. Your anecdote is not a 'why', nor a 'how'.

You state that "No, we aren't asking for free handouts. We're asking for a discussion on how to make the outdoors more accessible to people who might not even be aware that it exists". So first, how would you propose accomplishing that agenda without money? Fundraising? I'll donate (with a caveat). But I suspect it will be with taxpayer funds, which puts a hole in your "no one is asking you, personally, to do anything" (except pay for it).
I mentioned a hypothetical rail system before, and buses as an intermediary measure. Yes - absent philanthropy, tax dollars would fund or subsidize it. And the interstate system was built with tax dollars and operates at a huge deficit. Do you complain about that too? I'm no accountant, I'm no bursar. I'm raising ideas here for discussion.

Other ideas people have raised that use our existing infrastructure and impart no personal responsibility on you, Bill, are extending invitations to people who might be apprehensive about getting outdoors, who don't have any history of experience with the outdoors, and who could use a mentor / guide to get started.

And second, and my much larger issue with this "proposal", is that it is being directed to minorities only.
Minority representation in parks is serving as a diagnostic tool for access to said parks. It doesn't need to be directed to minorities only; we'll know that we've achieved parity when we get to a point where attendance at parks is reflective of the overall population.

Again, you'll need to explain to me how that isn't the very definition of racism.
Again, don't need to explain squat. You're the one reading race into the post of mine that you quoted.

Your question on how to get folks to the outdoors without uprooting is a good one to me personally. First, do they have any interest? If yes, let's keep going. If no, then stop. Otherwise, it stinks of well intentioned do gooderism.
How can someone have an interest if they're unaware of an opportunity? Why would they have an interest if their experiences have led to a belief that the outdoors are full of dangers that preclude their enjoyment? Again, these are obstacles to overcome. I agree that not everyone's going to genuinely have an interest in the outdoors - we're leaving those who would, if they had more information or experience, in the lurch.

So back to yes, they have an interest. Make them pay a portion of their cost or work it off beforehand a/k/a Habitat for Humanity model. You'll find out immediately if they're truly interested or not. Those that are won't complain for the opportunity. Skin-in-the-game trumps lip service/philosophical mumbo-jumbo every time. Those that are looking for a free trip be damned.
One of my friends came from a pretty well-off family. They regularly travelled from the midwest to Utah and Colorado to hike, camp, ski, and climb. My pal didn't have skin in the game - he was along for the ride provided by his parents. Eventually he had to make the fiduciary investments required to maintain a relationship with our outdoors, but he still enjoyed ~15 years of experience and exposure for free. Is he damned for the free trip?

You're very concerned with paying for costs incurred. Do you internalize every cost you incur? Do you account for every ounce of pollutant your vehicle emits when you press on the pedal? Do you pay the real cost for the wear and mileage on the roads you drive, or only the prices legislated by the government institutions that manage those roads? Do you pay for the opportunity cost of all the real estate taken up by those roads?

Your idea here is an edification of yet another barrier to entry. Something as simple as 'free for kids, or for the first few times' would be solid. On the personal outing with newbies front, maybe don't make them pay for anything the first time out, and let them know that they'll need to chip in for food and gas at bare minimum moving forward. That's just a suggestion.

Your comments on restructuring your life/forgone opportunities applies to everyone regardless. We make our choices based on OUR choices, not someone elses. Those choices have benefits/consequences. You weigh yours, I'll weigh mine.
Wow, I'm enlightened. Never occurred to me before. Thanks man.

I'm not looking for pity, nor sympathy, nor empathy. I already feel that in spades for people who don't get to experience life outside of an urban hellscape. Again, this conversation is about how we can improve access to the outdoors so that those choices don't need to be sacrifices.

So, in order to avoid gross generalizations, I'll be specific and personal. My brother was married to a black woman (her self identification, not my description, African American offended her). My oldest nephew is the corrector of all racial injustices. He's educated, well spoken and has an agenda/chip on his shoulder. After his umteenth attempt of white guilting our daughters, I asked him to knock it off (with no effect). When he turned his attention on me and my inability to understand his burden because of my whiteness, I asked him to provide me with a copy of his application essay to NYU, that I was sure it would enlighten me to his struggles. You see, he was never a very good student nor was he an athlete. But he was awarded a full ride. Never saw the essay, but he sure behaved better around the girls since then. Hmmm, what conclusion should you draw from this, and only this information?
My guess? He's struggled with his identity his whole life and has needed to justify himself and his experiences to any number of people in varying positions of power over his future. You're just another person demanding supplication before your altar of apathy to those experiences. I've experienced the same my whole life; it's exhausting - not that you'd know. This conversation - right now, with you - is exhausting, because I don't think you're asking me these questions seeking understanding. I think you want me to apologize for ever considering that my experiences have been colored by my skin and last name, despite every memory I have to the contrary.

You still haven't seen that essay. Have you assumed what it contains? If you believe that NYU only accepted him due to his race, then do you fault him for taking advantage of the opportunity? How can he divorce his life experiences from his application? What could he have done that would suit you?

I'll acknowledge you're good at this, though.
Good at what?

Inferring your opinion as to what your quoted party meant, then drawing it along racial lines has been used to death ("these people" "your people" "my people").
I'm hoping that you recognize the irony of this statement once you reread my post that you quoted, for your own sake.

I'm responding to these comments because you asked and I don't believe in rhetorical questions. I feel a lot of this discussion is a distraction from the main point, and I'm hoping that we can refocus this conversation on the matter at hand: improving access to our nation's natural beauty for our fellow americans who would never otherwise experience it.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Grindstone

Rank 0

Contributor II

Mustang, OK, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
M
One thing I've learned from being married to a lovely Hispanic lady, is that my white Midwestern middle-class suburban life experience is not the same as her Hispanic Southwestern working-class inner-city life experience.

Sometimes, in order to learn, we should shut up and listen to what people who are different than us are saying, instead of trying so hard to negate their voices.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Well, the intent of the original post was to give a heads up that the national parks are now being viewed thru the 'its racial' lens and that we might want to go see these parks before they close. In the last couple of months there has been constant news about things being called racist and then getting destroyed. Statues and monuments, businesses, and even people. Quite a few folk are getting called out for being racist and getting fired because of a tweet or something caught on video. Even the John Wayne airport is now needing to be changed to a different name because John Wayne is now considered racist due to a comment he made in 1971. Racism is heavily weaponized now and anything or anyone even slightly viewed as racist is to be destroyed...or "cancelled" as is the term now. So, when I saw the article about the national parks being racist, I figure we better go see them before they are gone.

And as far as all the crazy going on around us, there isn't anything we can do to change others. The most important thing we can do as individuals is start by NOT taking offense to everything. Great philosophers and even the Bible warn about taking offense. Look at what has become the big craze over the last few years..."I'm offended". Pretty much every news piece and article is about someone being offended. There are even memes now about who ever is the most offended, wins! Yeah, look at where that is taking us as a society. I know every time I got offended by something, I was the only one being hurt and I was doing it to myself.

Being 'virtuous' is not taking offense on behalf of others, but rather not taking offense at all and giving others a pass when you think they slighted you. Start by giving one guy a pass and maybe he will give the next guy a pass and so on and so on....

1594387140804.png

Last edited:

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

And, for anyone who didn't read the article past the incendiary title, the case that authors Ebbs and Dwyer are making is that the national parks are losing out on a lot of representation and advocacy in the voting booths -- if I'm a brown guy in the hood, why would I vote for a measure to protect the outdoors when I don't see any benefits to my community from doing so?

Does anyone in this thread have a response to that argument?
Would you like me to start listing all the crap my tax payments go to that I DON’T support and that I DON’T benefit from? Not sure I have enough tine to type all that up!

oglj

Rank 0

Contributor I

valle del sol, az
First Name
og
Last Name
lopez
Would you like me to start listing all the crap my tax payments go to that I DON’T support and that I DON’T benefit from? Not sure I have enough tine to type all that up!
It doesn't address the issue I raised, but hey man you're free to post non-sequiturs if you want. I reckon a number of the allocations you list benefit you in roundabout ways that you haven't considered. I also reckon a number of them are total bullshit. I don't have the time nor energy to help you out with the audit, but yknow if it feels good to vent then go ahead, it's a public forum.

oglj

Rank 0

Contributor I

valle del sol, az
First Name
og
Last Name
lopez
I’m honestly glad this thread is here. It’s making everyone do some thinking which is always good. That being said, I think it is important to bring to light some issues that have not been addressed:

If you want to go help underprivileged urban kids and teach them about overlanding, go for it. It’s a noble cause and I applaud that. BUT THAT ISN’T WHAT THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT. The fact that this thread has derailed to “helping those poor unfortunate people” or “I can’t be racist because I have black friends” is exactly why so many people of color feel uncomfortable getting into overlanding. It’s called Implicit Bias and it‘s a fancy term for explaining that you might not think you are being racist, but you definitely are influenced by stereotypes you have developed.

Guess what? Plenty of people of color have the means to get into overalanding on their own. The article is pointing out that many don’t go because the hills are full of old white people who act like some ‘wilderness noblesse oblige’ with the responsibility of guiding “those people.” The only help many of them need from you is to get out of their way and stop acting like outdoor experiences are some gift that only your guidance can offer. Everyone has the same right to be outdoors, and even if their camping experience is different from what you think it should be, that’s OK. Let everyone do their thing.

Yes, some people of color will want your help, believe me they will ask if they want it. Be kind just like you should be to every person you meet on the trail. Some people will NEED your help. Again, please lend a hand, it’s the right thing to do. But trying to organize some “Overland Bound Charity” is not the right approach. .

How many people of color are on the Overland Bound staff? I’m guessing zero. If I’m wrong I bet it’s still less than I can count on one had. How about we get a person of color as a moderator or a regional rep? That would be a great place to start! Get some representation for those who are severely under represented on the forums, in the retail camping stores, and most importantly, get them out into the National Parks.

Do we need better public transportation like the article briefly mentions? Absolutely, let’s get on board with that cause too. But don’t equate one issue with the other. Lack of transportation may be a contributing factor, but it’s not the underlying issue

I know a lot of you mean well, and I’m sorry for the rant. But please PLEASE take some time to think about implicit bias and how you can trully affect change in your everyday interactions. It’s important.
Thanks JW, I love this post. I'd like to offer some perspective on one of these ideas:

How about we get a person of color as a moderator or a regional rep?
I'm drawing on my experiences as a beneficiary of affirmative action here: Can we not do this? I personally would not like my skin color to contribute to my merit any more than it already has; I'd rather my skills and experience stand on their own. If those experiences make me better for the job, then fine; let it happen organically rather than to fill a quota. I like the idea of getting someone on board who is particularly good at:

Get[ting] some representation for those who are severely under represented on the forums, in the retail camping stores, and most importantly, get[ting] them out into the National Parks.
If the folk running OB are on board with the idea, then I hope they pick the person best for that role regardless of skin color.

Cheers,

Reactions: Grindstone

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I personally feel this thread has run its course so this is my last interaction. The views expressed here are telling and represent the many different worldviews between our members. That's good. It shows the diversity we have as a community.

It also pushes beyond a certain comfort level for some. So I personally feel that if a discussion is to be had on OB's role in representation or inclusion, a new thread or even new section should be cultivated (Maybe one that doesn't set the tone right off the bat with clickbait). This will allow a more direct and constructive discussion that will be easier on the Moderator(s).

Final thoughts:
As a cis white able bodied man, it has been a long journey confronting my own privilege and one I am constantly reminded I haven't reached the end of. The most difficult part thus far was grappling with the idea that I was privileged in the first place. I grew up in poverty so I've spent the better part of my life knowing I've had less than my peers. I've worked hard for what I have and it was not easy to confront the idea that I had it easier than so many others simply due to the color of my skin as well as my parents skin.

There's a very strange interaction we see in the US that, I feel, makes this realization more difficult. It has to do with our fundamental principles and beliefs of what the US is. We've always had differing views tugging and stretching the country from different sides; its supposed to be that way. But this idea of privilege tends to clash significantly with what I was brought up to believe in: Meritocracy, personal choice and responsibility, and social darwinism (not in reference to the belief system but its fundamental integration into capitalism). These are hardwired ideas in most folks who grew up here. And confronting the idea of systemic oppression and bias means confronting the very fabric of that belief system. And as with all things, you cant addess a problem if you dont know there is one.

A study was released recently that shows a practically linear correlation between relative position of power and empathy. Meaning the more power someone holds, the less empathy they feel toward the plight of others. You can do with that what you will, I just think its interesting.

Stay safe and sane, everyone.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Only a racist would take in nature’s beauty and focus on skin color. Americans are getting pissed during this election year, accused of being something they know they’re not: admit you’re a racist... your silence is racist... How about GFY. Anecdotal, but the most outspoken Americans at work against this election year bs are “black and brown”. Content of character is all that matters.