Who here is also exploring in a small Jeep? Cherokee, Compass, Renegade? Post photos, lets see them.

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Love it! A few days ago I posted some pics on a Facebook group of various cars I raced with 50 years ago (Canadian Off Road Racing Association seasons 1973 & 74). I was in the single seater class but several were of bugs. Yours reminds me of one of them.

View attachment 269744
I want the wagon behind the beetle too!

Reactions: PCO6

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Rubi
Last Name
cajon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I'm late to the thread but here I go. I travel in a 2dr JK, that said I have found that when I decided to ditch my rack, hard cases , tent and removed my built in kitchen it forced me to prioritize what gear I needed to be happy and enjoy the journey.

I went from an hour set up time to I pull up open the rear hatch and I'm done. I rarely stay in one location more than a night as I hop across the states. There is something to be said about traveling small and light.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Rubi
Last Name
cajon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
What is everyone using for cooking. Backpackers stove to standard Coleman.

Looking for something in-between.

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
This didn't feel small when we bought it...but after some long tours it sure has made us fine tune our gear. With an empty tank we are right on our GVWR (5368lbs)...so it can be a little dicey when the terrain gets bumpy and steep...just waiting for that big nasty BANG!

Our longest tours has been a couple of 5 month adventures and we take only the bare minimum that keeps us comfortable. But for sure weight is our constant concern that drives most of our decisions.
20240919_182713.jpg