Who here is also exploring in a small Jeep? Cherokee, Compass, Renegade? Post photos, lets see them.

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
our lift is finally going on this coming week. We got the rough country 2" with springs and struts. No spacers. All in one tidy kit for 1000 bucks. We just got back from a weekend road trip and the pat did awesome with it's new tires and re freshed suspension.

ShadowXJ275

Rank I

Contributor II

Hillsboro, OR, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Shaddox
1991 XJ Cherokee. I removed the back seat completely and built a sleeping platform with trapdoor storage in the rear footwell. I replaced my passenger front seat with one for a 2dr XJ that folds forward. At night I tilt the passenger seat forward and have a sleeping area on the passenger side of the rear cargo area. Works great in all weather and when stealth camping when moving through towns.DSC00056.JPGIMG_1304[1].JPGIMG_1305[1].JPG

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I think I am getting my money back for the lift. It just clunks so bad, even with new struts installed again. It's brutal. I am going to switch to Moog springs, Bilstien shocks and daystar 1.5" lift. It's just sad because everything else about the RC lift is good, ride quality and handling is great, looks great, but the clunk is BRUTAL!

Reactions: Flamewave

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Sounds like an excellent combo. My Bilstein rear shocks have been great so far.
They feel better than stockers? My wife and I were talking and we are going to forgo the daystars and moogs and go with the Murchinsons for the extra payload before squatting. With our gear, the trailer and us in the pat, the stiffer springs will be welcome.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I also have a 1988 Comanche Eliminator that I've started to use a bit more for camping. It's pretty much stock but I'll be putting a 2" lift on it this winter and increasing the tires to 31x10.5x15 (same as the XJ). It's currently a 2WD so it will have limited use but should be fine for some of the trips I do. A 4WD conversion may be in the works.

IMG_20210923_135452.jpgIMG_20210923_135508.jpg

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

Sounds like an excellent combo. My Bilstein rear shocks have been great so far.
They feel better than stockers? My wife and I were talking and we are going to forgo the daystars and moogs and go with the Murchinsons for the extra payload before squatting. With our gear, the trailer and us in the pat, the stiffer springs will be welcome.
Yeah, it's not like a huge difference but they're good. I replaced so much worn out stuff it wasn't apples to apples though.

I'm also running the Stu coils in the rear (but not the fronts). If I recall they took a while to arrive. RC lower control arm plus Stu coil made my Patriot level with the front, which is just the RC spacer. You'll probably see 2.5 to 3" lift combining it with the Daystar (which'll be fine when loaded down) but probably won't have quite as much up travel as I do. The HD rear coils are definitely firmer than stock but not ridiculous.

I've been thinking of filming an updated rig walk around. Been wanting to do one that's more detailed than the last one I did.

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Yeah, it's not like a huge difference but they're good. I replaced so much worn out stuff it wasn't apples to apples though.

I'm also running the Stu coils in the rear (but not the fronts). If I recall they took a while to arrive. RC lower control arm plus Stu coil made my Patriot level with the front, which is just the RC spacer. You'll probably see 2.5 to 3" lift combining it with the Daystar (which'll be fine when loaded down) but probably won't have quite as much up travel as I do. The HD rear coils are definitely firmer than stock but not ridiculous.

I've been thinking of filming an updated rig walk around. Been wanting to do one that's more detailed than the last one I did.
If I do the stu's I would not do the daystar. I am not looking for max lift, just a bit more to stop dragin belly pans. and more for the weight capacity. The RC's are stiffer than stock too, but I like it.