Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

One of the joys of getting out and hitting the backroads is setting up camp, starting a fire and having a nice glass of a quality spirit at the end of the day. I am putting together a Whiskey/Scotch and Wine bottle travel case for our excursions. Has anyone put together a nice padded case with the cutouts for bottles. Am currently looking at an Alubox and their padded dividers to use but it would be an expensive case. If you have a similar case or product that you have used that fits the bill, please let me know. Photos would really help. Its Feburary and I'm getting cabin feaver, ready to hit the roads again soon. Thank you.

Reactions: grubworm

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Guess it depends on how much booze, equipment and glasses you want to take. I'm either going to hunt down an antique or vintage officer's campaign bar. Barring that I'm going to make one.

Have you checked out those mini ones made out of Jerry cans or ammo cans?

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

I have and they are pretty cool, I dont usually take the whole bar, just looking for the right case for a couple bottles. Just want them to be secure and padded so they dont break while bouncing around. I do like the idea of the antique or vintage officer's campaign bar, I'll have to do some research on those as well. Thanx for the assistance. Safe travels

Reactions: Correus

MDain

Rank 0

Contributor I

Well, I was all excited to show off a gift I received last summer from a close friend, but it looks like I need to restock it. It’s a Pelican 1500 case with custom cutouts for a bottle of Makers Mark, two glasses and two cigars. A little bulky, but it guarantees to goods are safe when you arrive

Attachments

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

Thanx, That is the setup I have been looking at doing, would just have cutouts for two bottles and it looks like that case would be the proper size for them. Nice job though, I like that its everything you would need to cap off a day on the trail. LOL

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Harbor Freight has the Apache brand padded boxes...this one is 14"X11" and $40. I use one for tools and it is very robust...much cheaper than Pelican. I had a bottle of Macadamia Nut liquor that I thought would be safe nested in my clothes bag...it wasn't. Good idea to have a safe travel box for that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot and J.W.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I second the Harbor Freight cases. Looks like I have another use for one now haha!

Reactions: grubworm

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Well, I was all excited to show off a gift I received last summer from a close friend, but it looks like I need to restock it. It’s a Pelican 1500 case with custom cutouts for a bottle of Makers Mark, two glasses and two cigars. A little bulky, but it guarantees to goods are safe when you arrive
I like this. I often take a couple of cigars as well as some spirits.

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

I have a couple of the smaller harbor freight Apache boxes and have found them to be sturdy and of good quality. None have failed on me yet and they are cheap. Nice thing is that I have a harbor freight right down the street from me. Was planning on heading there today. That may be the winner!!

Reactions: mep1811

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Several of the OG 40oz malt beverages come in plastic now. I live in a downtown and see them on the ground (assholes) when I walk my dogs.

If you want to be hoity toity, there is this. A friend has one who is a wine distributor and uses it for flights. They have different pre cut inserts for what ever you are looking to carry. But for me, its an Apache. I bought the roller version for multiple uses.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Several of the OG 40oz malt beverages come in plastic now. I live in a downtown and see them on the ground (assholes) when I walk my dogs.

If you want to be hoity toity, there is this. A friend has one who is a wine distributor and uses it for flights. They have different pre cut inserts for what ever you are looking to carry. But for me, its an Apache. I bought the roller version for multiple uses.

I like "hoity toity"!!

Those pictured below actually have canvas and leather cases that cover them during travel. The greenish one with the little tray - the tray slides over the glassware and locks them in place during travel.

1491593842134.jpegnainital-safari-bar-4.jpgjeolikot-safari-bar.jpg