Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
If there is one food that defines the vision of "camping" food what would you say it is? This week I posted my video on the food that I think fits the bill. Let's see what everyone thinks is the definitive image of camping food!

Eggs and bacon or sausage for sure
And like others a good steak. Few minutes on each side on a fire. Perfection.

Seamoss

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Winchester, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Service Branch
Army 2002-2008
What is your favorite rum? I know guys who are are from Cuba and they bring back rum for me when they visit their family. It's called Ritual and it's really good. When that's gone it's Pyrat.
To be the Appalachian in the room, make your own!

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

What is your favorite rum? I know guys who are are from Cuba and they bring back rum for me when they visit their family. It's called Ritual and it's really good. When that's gone it's Pyrat.
To be the Appalachian in the room, make your own!
I wish I knew how! I have done beer but now I'm doing cider. I take both rum and the cider

Reactions: Coreymol

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Meat. Potato. And Rum
I like the Zacapa selections and the aged Bacardi are really nice sippers.

Reactions: Rav4_Overland

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

Steak and chicken kabobs cooked on a grate over the campfire coals. Sometimes deer steaks cooked the same way. Also brussel sprout halves, sliced onions & potatoes, and diced garlic wrapped in foil with a half stick of butter cooked on the coals. So good.

For breakfast: eggs, bacon, peppers, hash browns cooked together in a cast iron on the coals.

shansonpac

Rank V

Traveler III

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Hanson
Member #

If there is one food that defines the vision of "camping" food what would you say it is? This week I posted my video on the food that I think fits the bill. Let's see what everyone thinks is the definitive image of camping food!

New york steak and potatoes on the flat top. Bacon eggs and hash browns also.

P.S. Forgot the pancakes....

Last edited:

Seamoss

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Winchester, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Service Branch
Army 2002-2008
I wish I knew how! I have done beer but now I'm doing cider. I take both rum and the cider
I actually haven't done rums but I have a buddy who does. I have been making meads the last couple years and it's my go to when I'm not drinking cheap beer. I'm mostly drinking cheap beer.

To change the subject, anyone on the Afghan pressure cooker train? I'm still a bushcraft backpacker at heart so I haven't bit the bullet to buy anything like that yet but it seems really interesting as a tool.