What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

OutOnAnAdventureTogether

Rank IV

Influencer II

Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Rieck
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have a front bumper and winch plate on the way from Chris at wizardworksoffroad.com, after that I am going to get a winch for it. Still need to get an air compressor with all the lines.
The bumper will be shipped tomorrow. I'll need to prep and paint it before I mount it.
I found an air compressor that might just be cheap and super useful over the twin cylinder ARB.
Oh, and there is one more thing that I ordered more of so I can have one in all my vehicles. I'll get to that a little later...

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn and roots66

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Okay so several asked for a quick update on the tent when it arrived. Here it is in my garage waiting to be installed:

So far quite impressed with the quality of the build, especially given the amazing price. The mattress is perhaps a little on the thin side, but honestly doesn't seem too bad. The rest of it seems well made with good quality fabric, good stitching etc. I know that Jason from Alberta Overland has basically the same tent, and he really likes it, so I'm hopeful. The tent comes with two sets of arms to prop open the flaps as well as a nice telescopic ladder, and a hanging organizer thingy that is maybe meant for shoes but not sure because the pouches are a bit small and no covers. I plan to install it on Monday.

Attachments

Last edited:

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Found a great deal on a brand new dometic CFX75DZ locally with the insulating cover so I picked it up. Next thing will be a power station. Thinking about the new Ecoflow Delta 2

picked it up in my work truck and it fit perfectly in my gang box. More pics to come when I get a chance to set it up.

For those who have fridges, do you leave them plugged in and running when not in use, or unplugged and let sit?

Attachments

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I remove mine from the rig and keep it in the garage when not "traveling" or when I don't have a mobile need. I keep it plugged in and running in the garage as my beer fridge.
We have two fridges. Our 40L sits in the living room, behind the couch, when we're not camping. It has beverages in it as well.

The 30L was used as an overflow fridge during the holidays.

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
Last thing I bought was a front hitch receiver for my 4x4, next thing I plan to buy is a lift kit for my tow vehicle!

Reactions: Shahn and Matang

Matang

Rank IV

Advocate II

Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corp and Army
Last thing I bought was a front hitch receiver for my 4x4, next thing I plan to buy is a lift kit for my tow vehicle!
Hi ..where did you purchase the front hitch receiver....I need one to install on my Hummer H3 for a winch ... How do you rate the strength and build quality...

Reactions: Shahn and DintDobbs

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
The pack out stuff is amazing, but oh my, is it spendy.

Im not sure I want to spend that much. I'm actually heading to Lowe's today to get a versastak box to put my diesel heater in.
I've worked in shops a long time so cost a variable I just deal with. It appears to be well made and I like the idea of the snap together boxes. My trailer takes a beating so having on "unit" to stow away helps. Tool box on the truck is tempory until the topper is purchased. I actually have a tool roll that works well too. I like it more, but use it less. LOL
Zim

Reactions: Shahn

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I've worked in shops a long time so cost a variable I just deal with. It appears to be well made and I like the idea of the snap together boxes. My trailer takes a beating so having on "unit" to stow away helps. Tool box on the truck is tempory until the topper is purchased. I actually have a tool roll that works well too. I like it more, but use it less. LOL
Zim
The versastak boxes are a similar idea to the pack out system, but lighter duty, and MUCH cheaper.

For carrying my tools, I have a 56qt plano tote that mostly lives in the back of the X. In it is a tool roll with some electrical tools, fuses, sockets, ratchets, channel locks, vice grips, and other various items. I also have an 20v dewalt impact, charger, two batteries, multi bit screwdriver, safety siphon, jump starter, and bottle jack.

I can move this tote between the X and the Frontier, since they're both Nissans, and have very similar tool requirements.

Reactions: Shahn

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I finally got the new tent on with all my other alucab stuff. Next up is a whole bed & electrical overhaul.

Alu-Cab had unfortunately sent my tent without all the hardware and mattress, so I ended up getting 15% off my next order.

So I ordered a cupboard that fits my cap to house my bed electrical panels and charge controllers, a fridge slide finally & a 100Ah self heating battery to start, then l will follow up with a panel and dc-dc with mppt at some point soon.

8643AAE6-D709-4F08-B4E1-570193567444.jpeg

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
my Ecoflow delta 2 showed up the other day. Kind of crazy how fast it charges. They advertise it taking like 50 or so minutes to 80%

it Showed up with about 30% charge. I plugged it in and watched the numbers climbing very quick. It's One thing to read about it being able to do it, but seeing it happen in person is a trip. Gonna be using it this weekend so I'll find out how long it'll last with powering my 75l dometic.

Attachments

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I admit, I like my gadgets and goodies, so I bought these: