What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Just got my ticket and put ham,frs and gmrs in the rig. Seems like ham on the road is very quiet. Any thoughts? 2 meter and 70cm are the channels monitored.
Kinda depends on the area, and if you're doing simplex vs hitting repeaters. I have more luck on local repeaters. The only time I hear anything over Simplex is when I convoy with a friend or two. Though I've stopped monitoring simplex frequencies day to day anymore.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Jdsint

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Boring stuff:

1. The intermittent wiper function on my 96 Ram 1500 4x4 is acting wonky, so I ordered a replacement lever from Rock Auto. Should be an easy swap-out.

2. The HVAC system in my TJ isn't wanting to blow air all the time on the dash vents, so I ordered a replacement lever thingy (a common early Jeep TJ issue). The actual part is cheap; but replacing it will be a bit of a PIA as it is under the dash on the firewall.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Building a new rig, getting all the radios!

ICOM IC-2730A HAM radio (studying now for the test)
Midland MXT 275VP4 GMRS radio. Price for the FCC License drops from $70 to $35 on 4/19/22.
President Bill CB Radio.
I have that Icom in both of my rigs. If you haven’t sprung for the extension cables, you can do those for much cheaper by use straight thru, not crossover, 6 and 8 conductor data cables to place the radio, faceplate, and microphone wherever you want to.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Shahn

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
Last big thing I bought was the OVS Nomadic LT 270 awning for the trailer.

Just ordered some little niceties for the trailer today; mixing bowls, magnetic paper towel dispenser, cutting board.

About to buy a 13 gal water tank and hook up an on demand pump (that I already have)

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 3.21.22 PM.png

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Last big thing I bought was the OVS Nomadic LT 270 awning for the trailer.

Just ordered some little niceties for the trailer today; mixing bowls, magnetic paper towel dispenser, cutting board.

Do you have a link to that tank? It’s looks nice & slim and would work get in my van.
About to buy a 13 gal water tank and hook up an on demand pump (that I already have)

View attachment 227985

Reactions: Shahn

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
I almost didn't see your response, it was hidden in my text.
Yes, here it is.
I put it in my cart last night but did not pull the trigger. Today they put up a code for 25% of anything camping related, camp25 incase they don't give it to you. It took the total down from the sale price of $129 yesterday to $111 today, normal price is $149. They got me! Just ordered it.

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

I almost didn't see your response, it was hidden in my text.
Yes, here it is.
I put it in my cart last night but did not pull the trigger. Today they put up a code for 25% of anything camping related, camp25 incase they don't give it to you. It took the total down from the sale price of $129 yesterday to $111 today, normal price is $149. They got me! Just ordered it.
Awesome thanks a bunch

Reactions: Shahn

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Ordered our first rooftop tent last night. We've been talking about it for about 8 months now, and Ironman 4x4 USA was having a 25% off sale on all their camping gear. Pulled the trigger last night. Can't wait to use it next month!

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
If you want to feal realy left-out, try building a 2nd generation Explorer.
Aren't they based on the ranger suspension?
Pretty much, with some slight differences. Like getting a front winch bumper. The ranger one would require modding the grill area to fit the explorer. I've basically had to fab or have everything custom built.
..but that's the reason I did it. Much more fun if you like to tinker rather than bolt on. :)