What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Find another place to get the inspection done... I had an old 87 f150 I had to take to several different shops for inspection because it was made without a smog pump, the truck was originally a propane injected model sold in Kansas, that was later modified to a holly 4 barrel in another non inspecting state, and I would hook the propane system back in for inspections. Kids these days don’t know how to tell what equipment came from the factory. Finally I was able to find a shop that had a “old” inspector that new the propane injection was factory and not an add on system and passed me.
Your window tint should be a non issue...
Similar Story:
In 1997 my dad wanted a first gen Explorer. We traveled all over the Northwest to find the perfect one. He finally found a 1996 that was barely used for a price he couldn’t refuse here at our local Ford Dealer. On the way home he got pulled over for the window tinting. Supposedly it was too dark for the state of Oregon. But it was factory tint, built for dealer distribution here in Oregon and with the vin decoded by Ford he was able to take the build sheet into court with him where he got the case thrown out because factory tint is 50 state legal as long as it’s not the windshield or front windows. So my point is your rear windows are legal and you need to find a new inspector.
I took it to every place there is around me including the local gm dealer. In texas 25% on the front is legal mine tested at 11% multiple times. State of texas dont care the burden is on me, if i get a ticket the installer of the tint also get a 1000 dollar fine

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I took it to every place there is around me including the local gm dealer. In texas 25% on the front is legal mine tested at 11% multiple times. State of texas dont care the burden is on me, if i get a ticket the installer of the tint also get a 1000 dollar fine
Something not right here. Factory tint is in the glass not on the surface of the glass, or am I wrong ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Here is what my front stickers say
So the meters should have read 30% but all the places that i took it to were within 3% of each other my lowest reading 11% highest 13%
I didnt think tint can just get darker not that much atleast
View attachment 141341
I'm not positive but because of what looks like bubbling around the writing on the glass, it appears like maybe someone added film to the glass over the factory tent. If that's the case just remove the film layer.

CHAURY08

Rank 0

Contributor II

EVANSVILLE, IN
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Haury
Member #

Just ordered a set of BudBuilt Stage 2 Rock Armor Skids for the Tacoma. Next thing I buy will probably be an impulse buy or something essential that will come in use. I have thought about a drone for my videos but unsure if it would be worth it or not.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

My latest purchase.

I bought a lightly used hard shell RTT yesterday.

Not my vehicle(below), although this is the brand and color of the one I bought. The seller said it was used only a few times and was stored indoors when not in use. The price was right at 1/4th the cost of new.

Bigfoot.1.png
Bigfoot Hard Shell Roof Top Tent

dhossk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Atherley, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Hoskins
Member #

I just bought a DeWalt cordless grinder. I’ll let you know what I will purchase next when I have to cut something off.
I just had to buy a new dewalt charging station after my old one bit the dust last week. Upgraded to a dual charger with usb ports so i'm a happy camper this weekend hahaha

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What your lookin at is dirt not bubbling
I dont think your looking at what I'm looking at. There are tiny bubbles surrounding each letter of each word. I can see the dirt or mud, this is bubbly looking like air under a film. I dont doubt your word, you have a better view than I do I'm sure.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I dont think your looking at what I'm looking at. There are tiny bubbles surrounding each letter of each word. I can see the dirt or mud, this is bubbly looking like air under a film. I dont doubt your word, you have a better view than I do I'm sure.
that is a good defense to use in court to beat the tint ticket...my windows are dirty and the cop was metering thru the dirt, NOT the film. if i was a judge id buy that! :grinning:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I just bought a DeWalt cordless grinder. I’ll let you know what I will purchase next when I have to cut something off.
I love my 18v cordless grinder... I have used it more than my corded one... which says a lot.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I love my 18v cordless grinder... I have used it more than my corded one... which says a lot.
I like all the battery powered tools. I dont like having to buy the batteries when they go. Recently had to buy a Makita batter for a drill my son gave me 30 years ago but used very little. He told me at the time it cost him $60 and was in a very nice lunch box metal carrier. When I went to buy a new batter at ACE they wanted $80 for a Makita brand. I ended up buying from Amazon -2 batteries for that price that were not Makita but looked like them color and all but no name sticker on them. Probable a copy cat steal from China.