What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I’m just in the beginning stages of this build. The plan is to put a topper on just deciding which one to go with. I’m 6’7” so sleeping in the bed of any of the trucks I’ve had doesn’t happen often but it’s nice to know that I can if needed. As the build progresses we’ll be posting about it all on our social channels and blog. I’m also sure I’ll be reaching out to this forum for advice as we go!
Happy trails !

Reactions: WanderingWinters

BigRedDog

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

Picked up a new-to-me trailer - 2018 Flagstaff 207SE. The wife and I wanted something a little more comfortable/quick to setup than our typical tent setup that we had been using for a couple years. It will make our many weekend camping trips much more enjoyable. Plus, it being a "sport edition" comes with 12" of ground clearance, decent size mud terrains, etc...so it should be capable enough for some of our more tame trips:IMG-2196.jpgIMG-2201.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Picked up a new-to-me trailer - 2018 Flagstaff 207SE. The wife and I wanted something a little more comfortable/quick to setup than our typical tent setup that we had been using for a couple years. It will make our many weekend camping trips much more enjoyable. Plus, it being a "sport edition" comes with 12" of ground clearance, decent size mud terrains, etc...so it should be capable enough for some of our more tame trips:View attachment 141649View attachment 141650
No head bumping any more HUH ? That's nice. How long do they say the side material will last with heavy use ?

BigRedDog

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

No head bumping any more HUH ? That's nice. How long do they say the side material will last with heavy use ?
Definitely no more bumping - plus it's nice to be able to give our dog her own sleeping area so she doesn't end up on top of us every night ;).

Not sure how long the material will last. The guy we bought it from used it for around 40 nights in the last year or so, and it looks brand new. The nice thing about these pop-ups is that you can replace sections of the canvas, as needed. It's broken down into 3 main sections, each of which is replaceable for ~$200. Based on our current planned outings for 2020...it's looking like we'll be staying in it for around 20-30 nights, so time will tell!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Definitely no more bumping - plus it's nice to be able to give our dog her own sleeping area so she doesn't end up on top of us every night ;).

Not sure how long the material will last. The guy we bought it from used it for around 40 nights in the last year or so, and it looks brand new. The nice thing about these pop-ups is that you can replace sections of the canvas, as needed. It's broken down into 3 main sections, each of which is replaceable for ~$200. Based on our current planned outings for 2020...it's looking like we'll be staying in it for around 20-30 nights, so time will tell!
The best thing about your trailer is that when you look in your rear view mirror, you can see what's behind you. I'm sure you will enjoy your trailer having space to move around when the weather is bad outside.

Gone_xtrkn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Brendon
Last Name
P
Member #

Picked up a couple of these Goal Zero lanterns on sale - they collapse flat and best of all are solar powered - no batteries.
We love those. I stick them on the dash while we drive to charge and by bedtime they’re ready to hang by carabiner from the internal frame of the tent as reading lights. We also got a few of the color ones to run in red around camp.

TravelerGAL

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edgewood, NM, USA
First Name
Vicki
Last Name
Herst
Member #

So many helpful devises available these days. Hard to decide when you need them and when you dont. Certainly a lot cheaper than buying propane lanterns and very handy around the rig or tent inside and out.
Nice... Solar is always the way to go...…. I have solar string lights outside the RV, Solar powered Emergency Radio, solar 40w suitcase and soon 200w of solar on the Trailer...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Last bought, Smitty Bilt RTT next up college tuition so sadly nothing for truck for a llllloooonnnngggg while:fearful:
That's okay, your putting your money where it is most needed and worthwhile. Play can come later unless you lose sight of things and bury yourself in work !

Reactions: BPCLFD

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

To go with my little Kovea cupid heater, I went ahead and bought the little one burner Colman butane stove, ($20 at woolly world), it uses the same fuel canister that the heater uses. I have a smaller colman stove that is pretty nice (peak 1) it's just a little to small for a frying pan but it stores well in my emergency kit we put together in a small amo box. Doesn't take up much space and both stoves will complement each other well. You might say I have a amo box fetish, one for a first aid kit, one for emergency cooking kit, a large military style one for my dry food storage and a tiny one for my gmrs talkies. Pretty easy to fit them into books and cranny s when the vehicle is packed for a outing. Oh one for fuels for the stores and little heater. Oh another thing we found at woolly world was some small wooden stands/trays for dominoes so that we can play our version of Mexican trains dominoes. (Which we feel is almost as intense as poker but harmlessly fun).

Hoping not to spend any $$$$ for a while. Going for a trail run/overnight camp trip Saturday to see how my purchases work. I'll try to post my findings when I get back.