What is the best piece of advice you can give a new overlander?

• HTML tutorial

Ouroverlandtrips

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fresno, Fresno County, California, United States
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Macias
Member #

So regarding your husband doing most the driving I get it , My wife sits shot gun majority of the time , But things happen ,What if your out on the mountain and your husband gets hurt ? You need to be able to get him out of there and get him help . I make sure my wife gets behind the wheel and is comfortable doing everything I can do behind that wheel . She also knows all the equipment from tent set up , switches for lights and air & were currently working on her learning the rigging for the wench .

Reactions: K12

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Go ahead and cut one open.

If it has an actual 10 plies it's an ancient carcass. It likely only has 2.

It's just slang. Like the morons that call an F250, a 3/4 ton truck still. My F250 has almost a 2 ton cargo capacity. (3650#).

The massive hole in my At2's revealed less than 10 plies. Poor tires for overlanding. GY Duratracs were another.

E rated Cooper Stt's only have 3. And those plies are twice as thick as a Firestone At2.
Why all the hate Clark? I stand by my comment.
Zim
ASE badge.JPG

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Youre fired. Lol.

It's slang. BS that we haven't used since bias ply tires. We have weight ratings. E and 3650# for example.

Nobody puts 10 plies in anything. There is no such thing. Last semitruck tire I replaced had 1 ply. One single continuous ply.

Last edited: