What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Trice58

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Ohio
Went out for a weekend of camping with the gf. Simple trial run to see what we can cut from our stuff and what we were missing. Managed to have a great time besides the snow in the evening and 40mph winds in the morning.

How we managed to leave home without forks I'll never understand.
Looks like good

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I completely loaded my Jeep and teardrop with all my contractor crap and I am driving back to Colorado at noon. Waahoo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just received in the mail, a new recovery hitch 'stinger' D-ring, to replace one I lost. Very good quality, that shows in it's packaging. Price was very competitive, and it came with both the hitch pin and cotter retention pin. Cheaper than some, it was powder coated, rather than painted, and it comes with a rattle idolator insert. Each box component had it's own foam slot cradling each part. It might be of Chinese orgin, but it shows a better pride of manufacture than the national known brand.

Liberrway's........ shackle Hitch Receiver 2 inch, 41918 Lbs Break Strength Never Rust Receiver Shackle Bracket Heavy Duty and Solid with 3/4'' D Ring Shackle, Towing... 1652458102814.png1652458444335.png
Purchased thru Amazon in case anyone was wondering. A good piece of kit to have in your bag.

PS: With it's dual position 'PIN' orientation, you can mount it the way you need for your recovery.

Last edited:

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just received in the mail, a new recovery hitch 'stinger' D-ring, to replace one I lost. Very good quality, that shows in it's packaging. Price was very competitive, and it came with both the hitch pin and cotter retention pin. Cheaper than some, it was powder coated, rather than painted, and it comes with a rattle idolator insert. Each box component had it's own foam slot cradling each part. It might be of Chinese orgin, but it shows a better pride of manufacture than the national known brand.

Shackle Hitch Receiver 2 inch, 41918 Lbs Break Strength Never Rust Receiver Shackle Bracket Heavy Duty and Solid with 3/4'' D Ring Shackle, Towing... View attachment 230163View attachment 230164
Purchased thru Amazon in case anyone was wondering. A good piece of kit to have in your bag.

PS: With it's dual position 'PIN' orientation, you can mount it the way you need for your recovery.
I've been using one of these for several years and really like it. I bought mine at Tractor Supply.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I have a Garvin half rack on my JKU. At the time I opted for this over a full rack because I just wanted to mount a roof top tent. Later I realized that there was a lot of usable space up there.
I had been looking for a small gutter mount rack for quite some time. I finally found a 24" rack with optional basket on Amazon offered by DeeZee.
I installed the rack yesterday and the basket is supposed to be delivered today. Seems to be of good quality but I'll find out when I trail test it.
The install went well although the instructions were not clear in a couple of steps.
Now that it's installed, I'll be disassembling it to put some thread locker on the fasteners.
Seems to be of good quality but I'll find out when I trail test it.

Attachments

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Saturday, with the invaluable help from @El-Dracho, installed the Cascadia4x4 90 watt hood mounted solar. We didn’t rush, cleaned the hood extra good, gave the vinyl wrap plenty of time to dry and dipped into the chips and salsa way too often so it was about a four hour job. It was the package for the 80 Land Cruiser and fit perfect on the LC J150 Prado (which means it should fit on the Lexus GX460 as well). Had a great meal after, plenty of beers and talked late into the night. Sunday, soldered a new PL connector for the CB and set the SWR while fine tuning. Thanks for the assist Björn!

There is no denying the strength of friendships we make through Overland Bound!

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Saturday, with the invaluable help from @El-Dracho, installed the Cascadia4x4 90 watt hood mounted solar. We didn’t rush, cleaned the hood extra good, gave the vinyl wrap plenty of time to dry and dipped into the chips and salsa way too often so it was about a four hour job. It was the package for the 80 Land Cruiser and fit perfect on the LC J150 Prado (which means it should fit on the Lexus GX460 as well). Had a great meal after, plenty of beers and talked late into the night. Sunday, soldered a new PL connector for the CB and set the SWR while fine tuning. Thanks for the assist Björn!

There is no denying the strength of friendships we make through Overland Bound!
It was a pleasure to help and we had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how the solar panel performs on your Iceland trip.

We had a really great time over the weekend. We have a really awesome community here at Overland Bound where members help each other, share experiences, travel together and more. Great!

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got the Anderson port to the bumper so I can hook up the truck solar panels to the HQ19. Will be nice to have an extra 200w just in case. Can quickly switch to charging the Goal Zero Yeti as well in the bed of the truck as well.

Attachments