Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Found my exhaust leak(s) was expecting to find a cracked header (because Jeep) which is why i had already ordered up a new one. So i guess ill put the old header in the attic as a spare. I had put this gasket and header on about a year and a half ago.

Attachments

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Installed the OG Fabrications Overhead Molle Panel. Added American Flag patch panels behind each end . Did some bed organizing. Installed my HiLift Extreme inboard, on Voodoo Fabrications mounts. Took some new build progress pics. And, this big box of beautiful ExpeditionOne dual swing rear bumper goodness arrived.

Attachments

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
My rig and I discussed why idiots shouldn't drive, I got sideswiped while driving 75mph down the interstate by some kid texting and driving. sitting in center lane then bam
I f he had hit the OB emblem it would have saved you lol. Sorry about the rig. I looks like a nice one.

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Not bad 1300 damage , they are gonna check the rear axle for me as the tire has some good run marks . Although I drove another 500 miles after the accident soooo one would think it would have had an issue . Also going to take the opportunity to have the body shop put my leveling keys in for the torsion bars since they are going to re-align it anyways

Reactions: Broke

df150

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

Spare wheel cover and NBX (G A R B) bag are installed. Bag is very good, you can use it for anything you do not want inside your vehicle, lots of room. I put it on last week, driving to and from work, straps are strong, no movements while driving on hwy and city bumps, i keep my dirty work clothes in there for now ( semi flatbed driver/construction)

Attachments

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

I posted this in another forum and thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

I broke my battery!

I pulled my truck into the garage and opened the hood to remove the terminal cables and clean the second battery.
I put a 1/2" on the bolt and another on the head and began to twist. Well the whole terminal post came off with very little pressure at all. I can understand if I torqued the crap out of the bolt or hammered on it. In this case I didn't even put torque on the post at all.
I was gonna use 2 wrenches and hadn't even began to twist it yet, I was still seating the first wrench. I am glad however it failed here in my garage and not out on a trip with my trailer when it really would have screwed up my weekend.
this battery is about 4 years old I wonder if warranty covers this.

20200711_135059.jpg
20200711_135124.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Broke and RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I posted this in another forum and thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

I broke my battery!

I pulled my truck into the garage and opened the hood to remove the terminal cables and clean the second battery.
I put a 1/2" on the bolt and another on the head and began to twist. Well the whole terminal post came off with very little pressure at all. I can understand if I torqued the crap out of the bolt or hammered on it. In this case I didn't even put torque on the post at all.
I was gonna use 2 wrenches and hadn't even began to twist it yet, I was still seating the first wrench. I am glad however it failed here in my garage and not out on a trip with my trailer when it really would have screwed up my weekend.
this battery is about 4 years old I wonder if warranty covers this.

View attachment 162312
View attachment 162313
Quite a bit of corrosion on that post.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Yup that's why I was gonna clean it, I figure it was because it was a loose connection underneath and it was making bad contact.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Yup that's why I was gonna clean it, I figure it was because it was a loose connection underneath and it was making bad contact.
Like you said better that it happened at home that on the trail or something. Good excuse to get a new battery too! What are you going to replace it with?

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Probably an AGM I will make it dual use as I was planing on running cables to the rear and making it a fall back battery for my trailer (that is should get at the end of the month).

Any suggestions?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Probably an AGM I will make it dual use as I was planing on running cables to the rear and making it a fall back battery for my trailer (that is should get at the end of the month).

Any suggestions?
When and if my Optima Red Top does the same or wear out then I'll be looking at this battery. Or if they have a version with the top posts as well.

Broke

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor III

Blue Springs, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
G
What did I do to my rig? I replaced it... bought a 2002 sequoia sr5 with 174k miles. Spent just under a car payment on replacement parts from rock auto, going to spend 3 payments on new suspension, 1.5 payments on new tires, bought the rig for the equivalent to 12 payments cash.
Have some minor things to do on the interior, need to find a source for rock rails, and bumpers. Jeep is going up for sale this week, have to write up the list of stuff it has. Looking forward to playing with my poor man's 100 series... lol!
20200711_213257.jpg

KN6DXV

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Overby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXV
Well this last week has been very busy. Let’s see.... I installed some skid plates, a warn semi hidden wench kit, a wench and a new Hf radio ( Yaesu FT 891 and ATAS antenna. Whew that was a task.

Attachments

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Well this last week has been very busy. Let’s see.... I installed some skid plates, a warn semi hidden wench kit, a wench and a new Hf radio ( Yaesu FT 891 and ATAS antenna. Whew that was a task.
I think the wench is going to get peeved being put into that tight space...it’s gotta be some sort of OSHA enclosed space violation...plus, I don’t think her arms will provide enough reach to an anchor point to enable a recovery. A winch might be better.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Took the truck out near Lake Tahoe with my brother and let the his (English bulldog) and my (German shepherd) dogs get some swim time.

couldnt keep mine out of the water, but the bull dog never went in passed his stomach haha

Attachments

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

I think the wench is going to get peeved being put into that tight space...it’s gotta be some sort of OSHA enclosed space violation...plus, I don’t think her arms will provide enough reach to an anchor point to enable a recovery. A winch might be better.
I dunno...an angry wench is a force to be reckoned with.

• Haha
Reactions: Shamu and Broke