Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Rolando, you're loosing a good ride, but when you get the diesel Gladiator, you'll be in high cotton. View attachment 128817
Thanks, it is true - 155k uneventful miles repair-wise on the JKU ... as it should be. I cannot wait for my third Jeep :-)

If everything goes as -loosely - planned, the Gladiator will see the Pan American Highway in a few years ...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Sandytaco916

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Schwitalla
Member #

I recently installed a compressor and a fuse box and In case anyone was interested i thought I’d write a little about my install of my arb compressor, along with the fuse box, and a few other things. So I started off trying to make my own mount for my blue sea fuse box out of lexan, but wasn’t happy with it. So I ordered one from @paranoidfabrications and was super happy with it. I hit it with a couple coats of high heat rustoleum enamel so it would match the rest of the engine bay. I also stole an idea from @llod with his seahorse case for storage of the arb air hose and tire deflator, but instead I went with a pelican case in a tacticool color, and mounted that to the lid to the fuse box. None of the holes that I drilled ruined any of the diagram of the fuses on the underside of the lid so I was quite happy. I am no means good with electrical and had not the slightest clue what I was doing when it came to the blue sea, so a lot of it was trial and error. I visited west marine probably 4 times to get 4 gauge wire because I would mess something up, and same with auto zone. Finally I got the fuse box drilled to the mount, got rid of the inline fuse I had and replaced that with a breaker instead. I wired up the compressor, which I mounted on a CBI off-road bracket, which worked well and was cheaper by any other brand by at least $30. I then hooked up all the wiring but wasn’t very happy with all the extra wiring since I wasn’t going to be using air lockers. After a few days of looking at it, I decided to redo the harness and make it look better. I cut out the wiring for the lockers, retaped the harness, and put it in wire loom. I got rid of the arb switch and replaced it with the @Ch4x4s air compressor push button for a more factory look. I cut off a good length from the harness as well as the switch so it wouldn’t be a huge cluster behind the cubby. Overall I think the whole setup looks fairly clean for someone who had no idea what they were doing when I first started. If anyone had any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to ask.

Attachments

9nick4

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

I used to install these on Service Trucks. I've been having a couple set from before I retired. They were bought from NAPA. They're not cheap. If I were to purchase more, I'd shop Amazon. They sell these in many lengths.
Thanks, I priced the set from NAPA and your correct they aren't cheap. I didnt think to check Amazon. I'd like to add connections out front so I can use jumper cables and my air compressor without opening my hood. With my limb risers it's kinda a pain.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not today but yesterday I put the truck in to get the winch repaired the solenoid died when the checked it they found the motor was siezed
Just the kind of unexpected crap and expense no one needs this time of year. This has been an expensive november for me. Four cars and four new batteries @ $ 140 each, 2 new window regulators on my rig, one new window regulator on my daughters car, all had to be done in a commercial garage @ $ 80 per door parts and labor. That's going to be our Christmas present this year. It's just really weird that all the vehicles needed batteries in the same month and somehow 3 needed new registration as well. Grrrrrrr, Baa Humbug
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
That's a fine bed cover, Matt.
thanks! Coming from the backflip brand i personally found it to be a much nicer cover.I’m really impressed with the quality of it (minus this defect.) Right after I installed it, some heavy rain came and dumped water all over. I checked the inside and it was totally dry. The line-x coating seems very durable and much more scratch resistant than the G2 I had before. I’m not totally sure how old the Bakflip I had on there previously was, but there were parts of that setup that lacked some quality that the Armorflex has.

Their customer service department was great. I called and all they asked for was proof of purchase, pics of damage, and the pics of the box it came in to rule out shipping damage. As soon as that was sent over they replied by saying they’re sending another out to me.

Your first damaged one is fine with me if you wanna give it away. A coat of bed liner and it's like new again. LOL
Haha! My first thought was “how the heck am I going to destroy this thing then throw it away?”

i even asked to send it back to them in the hopes that that this won’t end up in a landfill or going to total waste.

Maybe it’ll end up in the for sale section under “free f150 tonneau cover to a good home” thread

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
thanks! Coming from the backflip brand i personally found it to be a much nicer cover.I’m really impressed with the quality of it (minus this defect.) Right after I installed it, some heavy rain came and dumped water all over. I checked the inside and it was totally dry. The line-x coating seems very durable and much more scratch resistant than the G2 I had before. I’m not totally sure how old the Bakflip I had on there previously was, but there were parts of that setup that lacked some quality that the Armorflex has.

Their customer service department was great. I called and all they asked for was proof of purchase, pics of damage, and the pics of the box it came in to rule out shipping damage. As soon as that was sent over they replied by saying they’re sending another out to me.

Haha! My first thought was “how the heck am I going to destroy this thing then throw it away?”

i even asked to send it back to them in the hopes that that this won’t end up in a landfill or going to total waste.

Maybe it’ll end up in the for sale section under “free f150 tonneau cover to a good home” thread
Yes yes yes, do it, do it, do it ! Surly you have a friend who's PU it will fit and he will have to kiss your hiney for a long time to come.(Kidding)
Come to think of it when you give to a friend, you tend to lose the friend, kinda like loaning money to a friend. Recently I gave to a friend 4 good usable 315 /R60/ 16 tires worth at least $200, for his old beat up Toyota 4 x truck. His were as bald as my hinny. I also gave him work when he was in need. I haven't seen or heard from him since (almost a year) and he wont return my calls for help in my yard work which I always pay whatever he asks for. No, don't give it away unless it is to someone you dont even know.

Reactions: eagle_A40

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Good to hear about their customer service. animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif

! My first thought was “how the heck am I going to destroy this thing then throw it away?”

Maybe post it HERE.
It's a great thread to past things on the whomever may need things for their rigs.