Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I like the look of those Falken Wildpeaks. I'm considering them for an eventual replacement for my Grabber AT2's, especially if they're cheaper or the same price. Keep us posted on how they perform!
If you haven't seen them in person I highly recommend it. They look much more robust and aggressive in person. I enjoy reviewing tires and I'm not shy about talking about bad points so I'll report back especially if they perform poorly since most reviews for these tires are very positive.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

If you haven't seen them in person I highly recommend it. They look much more robust and aggressive in person. I enjoy reviewing tires and I'm not shy about talking about bad points so I'll report back especially if they perform poorly since most reviews for these tires are very positive.
Agh, I've done some research, and it looks like they don't make em in my size. That's a shame. Hope they rock for you, though!

Reactions: JCWages

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Today I painted some of the undercarriage, installed artec front aluminum inner fenders, got halfway through a backup camera install and I still have one bolt on the rubicon express skid I need to get in. Maybe tomorrow. I have to remove the rear tire to access it. Also tomorrow I’ll be changing the oil and going to test out the rig.

IMG_0793.jpg
View attachment 74786

Last edited:

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Finally cleaned it up from the trip we took on Sunday. We were going to come back on Friday but had to cut it short due to the weather in Oklahoma. I still have the stock tires and I don't trust them on wet clay.
Here are some pics from the trip.View attachment 74764 View attachment 74765 View attachment 74766 View attachment 74767 View attachment 74768
Good call. The stock tires are good for asphalt only (or dry well maintained forest roads) in my opinion. I popped one of my stock tires the first time out in the desert.

Reactions: JCWages

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

No pictures, sorry, but worked on cleaning the dust and dirt out of the back of my Jeep Rubicon. The back tailgate seal has been letting dust in as I go up and down my gravel road to my home. Cleaned the seal, will try that for now. If that does not work, then make sure the door is adjusted just right, and spray some silicone wax on the door seal. Benz.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding