What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Today I cleaned out the truck getting rid of the last remnants of my California trip a couple of weeks ago.
Tried to take pics of the Drawer system / Sleeping platform installed, dropped the SO's Phone and Broke it....... Seriously in the Dog house now. ^%&#^^$&%&($#%$#^$#%^%$^*^%(#$%#@@#^%$&**&(

Boort

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Good evening everyone out there. I did a couple of mods over the the last few days. I got my new tires BFG KO2's LT285 /70 / R17's. I also built my own Overland navigation platform, which cost me a grand total of $45.00.. Full disclosure, I got the original idea from @Lifestyle Overland video, it was a great set-up.. Money is kinda tight right now and so I did some research and found a way to do mine for a little money.. Take a look I hope you guys like it!

IMG_6701.jpg IMG_6696.jpg IMG_6697.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
If you liked my my navigation platform build, the following are the parts you will need:

* Ram Mount 2.5" round base AMPs hole pattern and 1" ball (X2)- Amazon $6.49

* Ram Mount composite short double socket arm for 1" ball bases (1ea)- Amazon $8.99

* Ram Mount 18" long extension pole with diameter ball ends and double socket arm (1ea)- Amazon $20.99

* 1-1/4" conduit strap (1ea) Home Depot $3.00

* Heavy Duty 3M double stick tape (Already Had)

* 6 self tapping screws

* Zagg Rugged Book & Case for IPAD ( I already had)

Attachments

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Red Bluff Ca.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Shackelford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6EFA
Removed the small round Bosch light on the front of my crossover, am already looking into adding either a curved 40" or 2 straight 20" lightbars on the roof and another lightbar just above the Hyundai logo as a future upgrade.

44903660_2270329439865466_710747088111009792_n by Joachim Sandven, on Flickr
Please! Be careful about blocking your grill openings with lights. You may cause overheating with the reduced air flowing through.

Reactions: KDC

T.Shack

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Red Bluff Ca.
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Shackelford
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6EFA
If you liked my my navigation platform build, the following are the parts you will need:

* Ram Mount 2.5" round base AMPs hole pattern and 1" ball (X2)- Amazon $6.49

* Ram Mount composite short double socket arm for 1" ball bases (1ea)- Amazon $8.99

* Ram Mount 18" long extension pole with diameter ball ends and double socket arm (1ea)- Amazon $20.99

* 1-1/4" conduit strap (1ea) Home Depot $3.00

* Heavy Duty 3M double stick tape (Already Had)

* 6 self tapping screws

* Zagg Rugged Book & Case for IPAD ( I already had)
Great post with the parts.

Reactions: JaimyMac630

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Picked up a set of X-Bulls. We’ll see how they hold up, or I should say that I hope I DON’T have to see how they hold up[emoji16]

Installed them to the spare using some Rok-Straps. They seem to hold well, but I’m going to look into an alternative.

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0523.JPG

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Good evening everyone out there. I did a couple of mods over the the last few days. I got my new tires BFG KO2's LT285 /70 / R17's. I also built my own Overland navigation platform, which cost me a grand total of $45.00.. Full disclosure, I got the original idea from @Lifestyle Overland video, it was a great set-up.. Money is kinda tight right now and so I did some research and found a way to do mine for a little money.. Take a look I hope you guys like it!

View attachment 74161 View attachment 74162 View attachment 74163
Good Job. and thanks for posting the list of parts

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Got the 33s put on today. They look pretty rad but you can definitely feel the weight in the steering wheel and the way the suspension behaves. It's not as spritely off the line either. It's all about tradeoffs though. My fender clearancing work made them fit perfectly but the OEM wheel offset is what's hurting me right now in the form of tire rub on the swaybar and the frame. So now I'm combing through forums looking for an easy fix that doesn't involve new wheels or thick wheel spacers. :)

She finally looks the way I want though! All my bed gear is off to make room for furniture hauling.

I chose to mount them with the raised lettering facing out. Looks more aggressive to me although most people mount them smooth side out.

DawgRaider

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kennewick Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Morton
Member #

I have had an unmolested 1987 Cherokee that I have been sitting on for a couple of years now and it is now up and running! It had a tranny shifting problem but with some reading on forums and such it was as simple as the the main grounding cable. It sure feels good to have it road worthy again. I think it will be a fun Overlanding ride that let me be able to leave the full size truck home sometimes.