Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC

Got rid of the stock radio for an Android. Still need to wire up reverse camera.

Sent from my LGLS992 using OB Talk mobile app
Wow! That looks just like mine, except my GPS button says "NAV" and my volume knob doesn't have a chrome ring on it. I was also able to wire the steering wheel radio controls into it. Works great!

I too have not installed the backup camera. My original location (license plate) would be hell to wire, so I am looking for a bracket to mount above the right rear taillight. I may order another Firestik bracket. I used that on the left side for the CB antenna. Plus then they would match.

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Don't have pictures uploaded yet, but they are on my Instagram. Installed the Genesis Offroad Dual Battery kit.
This is a brilliant upgrade to the Jeep JK. As one outfits their jeep with more and more after-market goodies such as a fridge, lights, radios, winch, etc. the issue of power definitely becomes more critical, especially when you intend to explore further and further away from civilization. I installed mine a few months ago and have not regretted it. If anything, I am kicking myself for having waited so long. Adding future accessories just got a whole lot easier. Bad news for the credit card though!:tonguewink:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Dropped it off at the local Nissan dealer to have them replace the secondary timing tensioner shoes and chains, water pump and the failed radiator that cost the previous owner a transmission. Should be ready tomorrow evening!

Reactions: steve_birdsall

Reason

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

Now that I'm home from school and have a garage I got around to the 60k mile maintenance. Engine and gear oil change, new spark plugs, and tire rotation

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

With a heavy heart I said goodbye to it. Repair costs start to out weigh the value and it was my daily driver.

Captur.JPG

Reactions: Zargon and Ric

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Don't have pictures uploaded yet, but they are on my Instagram. Installed the Genesis Offroad Dual Battery kit.
Pictures as promised.

The battery I decided to go with.

At the point of no return. Old battery tray, fuse box, and air box out. So much room!

New battery tray, batteries, fuse box, and air box back in.

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Pictures as promised.

The battery I decided to go with.

At the point of no return. Old battery tray, fuse box, and air box out. So much room!

New battery tray, batteries, fuse box, and air box back in.
Nice upgrade, and great choice of battery. [emoji106]
Did you replace the old battery as well?

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Installed a set of lightly used M/T's to see if I like them. It's great that they came with the wheels. Too good a deal to pass up. I also replaced my badly bent and blown out steering stabilizer.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."
-Nietzsche