Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I finished the dual battery install last night. Used the T-Max dual battery kit on Amazon as it had good reviews and only cost $120. I was pleasantly surprised to find the kit had all the wiring and connectors I needed. It included enough 4 AWG wire to run between the batteries and solenoid, and the battery monitor is more than sufficient.

Decided to mount the solenoid on the back side of the bracket used to support the plastic engine bay cover and ran the monitor through the firewall, across the driver footwell and mounted right below the ashtray. Out of the way in an unused spot and easy to read when needed. Still need to move the led and light bar wiring to the aux battery, but more importantly the fridge wiring is on the aux battery ready for next weekend at OXW.

IMG_1694.JPG IMG_1696.JPG IMG_1693.JPG IMG_1702.JPG IMG_1704.JPG IMG_1707.JPG

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Finally cleaned up the interior from the last trip. Now it's ready for the next one. Got a replacement tire for the one I lost to slash in the sidewall. Just need to get it installed.

OB# 3805

Jhberria

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lacey, WA
No more NOISE!!!!!

New leafs (alcan 2.5", +600lb), shackels (PRG), installed the grease-able SPC ball joints. The noise was coming from leafs, but my god, this is like driving a new truck.... I love it. I'm sitting about a inch higher than before, so after settling it will be close to where it was (OME HD pack, mid hole on Nisstec shackle), I will take rider height difference photo later, but a storm just rolled in, but let me tell you what a relief it is to get the dam OME out from under this truck. I still have 2 holes left on the shackle incase I want to increase height, but Im fine with it currently, just nice to increase height later.

Now I need to install the rock lights and Im debating a body lift....

Currently I am going to sit back, watch a movie, drink some Jim Beam and Coke and rest my arms... This is the second time swapping the rear leafs by myself, not hard, but defiantly not easy either with a 1 man job.

Awesome! Any pictures of how the X sits now? I'm strongly considering putting in an order for a set of Alcans soon, and was thinking that 2.5 inch, 500LBs extra capacity would suit my needs. I've got PRG shackles on there already, and I don't want it to sit TOO high in the rear with new springs.

Reactions: utspoolup

4xFar Adventures

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Benefactor

San Francisco,CA
First Name
Brenton
Last Name
Corns
Member #

Yesterday I got to use my rig and gear to co-teach a Tread Lightly! Tread Trainer class. It was held in Guerneville, CA at the Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve and sponsored by the Stewards of the Coast and Redwoods. Bill Nay (aka Father Nayture) is the go to Master Tread Trainer for Northern California. I think it's obvious who he is in the second photo ;)

Though the class was small, everyone in attendance came from a different background and had unique perspectives on how the Tread Lightly! principles could be used in their outings. I was even able to hobble around on the short hike to see the waterfall!

TL2017a.jpg TL2017b.jpg

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Awesome! Any pictures of how the X sits now? I'm strongly considering putting in an order for a set of Alcans soon, and was thinking that 2.5 inch, 500LBs extra capacity would suit my needs. I've got PRG shackles on there already, and I don't want it to sit TOO high in the rear with new springs.
It moved up about 3/4" from where she was before, which I personally liked how she sat. So after break in and settling, and throwing the tent back up there, I think it will be even again. If not, I have 2 holes left on the shackle...

Reactions: steve_birdsall

EODCoduto

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Muscle Shoals, AL, USA
First Name
Gage
Last Name
Coduto
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KQ4HNV
Service Branch
USMC
Picked up a new to me 6.2l out of a CUCV to replace the cracked one in my Suburban. Hopefully I will have it up and running by the end of the month.

Reactions: TerryD

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
So where you going to mount yours? I'm a fan of mine, used it at work for a few coworkers cars, they all have been great-full. I like it when out wheeling since I can fill mine and usually 2 other rigs tires before some get done with their plug into the cig pumps. Great choice Sir!
I'll probably put it where the old one is (inside, in the back). It will run my lockers, and be my air supply for tires.

Reactions: Reichling