Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Meh, I fixed everything in an hour at work. And fortunately these tires are pretty cheap. Craigslist has new takeoffs all the time.

Reactions: Narbob

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
@oldfooladventures, pics or it never happened! [emoji328] [emoji328] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji6]

Only under ideal circumstances will you get the rated line pull of a winch. Regardless, this is a solid upgrade.

But seriously, we need pics! It sounds epic.

Dan

Ya, really,, There were only three of us together at Rausch Creek that rainy and muddy day. We spent easily an hour getting the puller rig unstuck, then got back to mine.. We were so busy piling rocks, moving limbs, jacking and rigging up, and loosing sunlight, that I don't think anyone got their cameras out. In hind sight I wish I had thought to get an image of my 450 with its rear dif buried in the center of a rather large stump. And yes, there really is no way to know the real rating on pulls. It stalled with a single line out, and it stalled with a pulley..

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
Built a new bike mount for the truck this afternoon.

Previously had the universal fork mount brackets mounted on the toolbox, but had to remove the toolbox when I installed the softopper. I'm still undecided on what I will replace the toolbox with, but I like this solution for the bikes, at least for now.

Reused the universal fork mount brackets, these are like $20 each new, then bought a ratcheting cargo load bar from Harbor Freight ($18 after tax, with a 20% off coupon), some small u bolts to fit around the bar, and some L brackets.

The L brackets are from Home Depot, I think in the lumber framing area, not sure what they are supposed to be for, but I grabbed them because they looked like what I was wanting. Less than a dollar each. Lucked out on the holes the brackets came with. Existing holes in one side were perfect fit for the fork mount, and the other side I was able to use 2 of the holes for the u bolts(reamed them out like 1/32 though) . Only drilled 2 new holes per bracket. Then painted with some black texture paint.

All in, if you didn't already have universal fork mounts, you're looking at under $75.

Seems pretty stable. The bar has some wiggle, but it's not going anywhere. Bar can easily be removed, placed at front or rear of bed.

L bracket after paint. The two holes on the left with the small gage line (the holes nearest the bend) were the 2 I had to drill

Last edited:
T

TheBarefootFamily

Sorry about the flash washout new LED flash is brighter than I knew, but after a few months and a ton of mounts and jigs, finally went with the F.E.M. (Field Expedient Method) to mount my new trail jack. The base plate and clamp will both store in a Rescue bag I am putting together.

IMG_20160602_204410954 (2).jpg IMG_20160602_203554722 (2).jpg IMG_20160602_204425109 (2).jpg

Reactions: stoney126

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Steve, did you get these adjusted? I really like them but seem like you can't really use them on the street
Yes, I did adjust them down, but haven't taken it out back to get a new photo. I'll try to remember to do that tonight if it isn't raining. Actually, it might be interesting to see how it looks in the rain, too!

I still wouldn't want to use them on the street. They are so bright, I don't see the light from my rooftop light bar except above the fogs. Total Automotive Performance, where I ordered them with the special 4Runner mount, suggested the Sport for occasional street use, but those might be too much if not kept low. These are the "wide cornering" pattern.

I had originally ordered the Squadron-R Sport (1800 lumens), but figured if I was spending that much for lights, I might as well spend more and get the Squadron-R Pro (4300 lumens.) If I was doing it again, I might not make that choice. It all depends on where you'll use them. I don't have anywhere to go off road within several hours of my home, but I do drive back country roads occasionally. I'd have be quick on the switch to turn off the fogs (if used as driving lights) and the high beams when I see an oncoming car.

Buyers remorse? Maybe a little, but if I lived where I was out in the boonies frequently, these would be the cat's pajamas!