Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced my Midland MXT105 with the MXT115. Also replaced the stock stubby antenna with the upgraded Midland 6 dB Gain Antenna with Durable Spring Base and NMO Connection.

It's a few inches taller than the Ham radio antenna. Oh well it's not like park in underground garages lol.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Day before yesterday I had to reseal the exhaust headers and used some permatex ultra copper this go round. I had 3 leaks per bank with the dry Fel Pro gasket. I went with a differet felpro gasket his time and used the ultra copper and it seems to have fixed my leaks. I also took it into town and got it inspected and road legal which is when I noticed how bad the exhaust leaks were.

Yesterday Now that the CJ5 is into road legal running shape I took the kids out on a loop of some dirt roads. The wife opted out for now lol. They also wanted to go camping and we weren't able to make it up to Oklahoma/Arkansas for the weekend so we took them to the back of the property to go camping for the night. The oldest wanted to drive her Jeep. I'm going to have to add some self tapping screws to it's "tires" for traction purposes. So we putted into the back field in low range 1st gear.

Next on the list is a new fuel level sender, I didn't realize that the old pickup needed a "sock" filter so I can't pull the last 3 to 5 gallons out of the thank and the old sender isn't working right. Not looking forward to dropping the tank. I may put that off till later this week. I've also got most of the parts I need to rebuild the suspension back to a factory format on the way as well.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Dropped the tank and got the new sender in. All working now. Until I figure out how accuate it is I'll continue to carry 5 extra gallons with me.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Day before yesterday I had to reseal the exhaust headers and used some permatex ultra copper this go round. I had 3 leaks per bank with the dry Fel Pro gasket. I went with a differet felpro gasket his time and used the ultra copper and it seems to have fixed my leaks. I also took it into town and got it inspected and road legal which is when I noticed how bad the exhaust leaks were.

Yesterday Now that the CJ5 is into road legal running shape I took the kids out on a loop of some dirt roads. The wife opted out for now lol. They also wanted to go camping and we weren't able to make it up to Oklahoma/Arkansas for the weekend so we took them to the back of the property to go camping for the night. The oldest wanted to drive her Jeep. I'm going to have to add some self tapping screws to it's "tires" for traction purposes. So we putted into the back field in low range 1st gear.

Next on the list is a new fuel level sender, I didn't realize that the old pickup needed a "sock" filter so I can't pull the last 3 to 5 gallons out of the thank and the old sender isn't working right. Not looking forward to dropping the tank. I may put that off till later this week. I've also got most of the parts I need to rebuild the suspension back to a factory format on the way as well.
Oh guru of old orange Jeeps please smile on our new project :)
Looks like an awesome time with the kidlets!

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Upgrades to the discovery. Ashcroft diffs and 4:37 gears. Terrafirma hd shafts. Fingers crossed that these drive train updates will be the last.

(EDIT)gotta LOVE that mobile upload photo quality :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Attachments

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Since I’m on vacation this week I got around to adding a fuse block for the accessories connected to my dual battery. Not the prettiest install but seems to work.

IMG_0134.jpeg

I have one more slot available. Hmmm, what should I do? j/k

IMG_0135.jpeg

The fuse box is somewhat protected since it is under the ledge of the hood opening.

IMG_0129.jpeg

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Went to the city dump to weight my rig. With a full tank and basic gear she came in at 7600lbs. GVWR is 9200lbs. This is with my suspension lift kit, 35 tires and rims, Wilco hitch tire carrier with full size spare, and small gadgets here and there. So with leaves me in the ball park of 1600 for the family and camping equipment.

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Took the alternator off of the J200 and had it tested - dead, dead.
Went to the DOL to get it licensed and the title transferred - nope. Seller filled out title release incorrectly and need to wait for her to send a "certificate of fact" stating the mistake. Previous owner is AWESOME and got it in the mail to me today.
Dropped by OReillys to pick up a parts order - only about 1/3 of the parts were really in and they were all wrong ;) Pre-ordered alternator because I had an inkling and it had not arrived either.
Found an original bench seat to replace the two aftermarket bucket seats.

This long weekend we will dig into the front axle to replace seals and bearings. Never done that on locking hubs but it does not look like too bad of a job. Its a Dana Spicer 44-1F (IF?) axle up front we have deduced.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Nivar3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Installed mounts for Garmin Explorer and iPhone. The Garmin is on a ram mount with the Garmin charging clip and located near the A-Pilar. The iPhone has a Quadlock case and is on a Quadlock suction cup mount attached to the lower dash storage door.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
J200 update
I think the locking hubs are trashed. Had front up on stands, locked the hubs and spun a wheel - the other wheel did not move :( I think the ticking, which comes and goes, may be locking hub parts on spin cycle...
Received new alternator but its "main bolt" ear is 3/8" and the existing hardware is all 1/2". Ordered new bolt/nut/washer and a 3/8" ID by 1/2" OD steel bushing to keep the slop out of the existing 1/2" mount. Getting close to just drilling out the alternator ear; already dug the 1/2" bit out ;) Patience boy, patience... Advice???
Received our inner and outer bearings for the front wheels and a set of seals, may still be needing a different seal and won't know until I (errrr, we) get real greasy.
Picked up a Dana 44 tool and some picks to facilitate getting real greasy.

Reactions: M Rose