Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

Lost every gear except park as I was about to leave for work earlier. Turns out the bushing that connects the shift cable to the transmission failed after almost 200k miles. Thankfully parents live only about ten minutes away and I could borrow dad's truck for the night. Made it to work on time too haha

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
We got one last trip in before I had surgery... then the Jeep decided it was time for a new water pump in the middle of the Mojave...
IMG_20201114_191437_769.jpg

Then Monday I had a tune up done on my right shoulder...

IMG_20201117_100948_988.jpg

So no driving the jeep for a while and no working on the Jeep or truck for at least 6 months

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
It together enough to move under it's own power. A few things popped up that I'm going to have to figure out. T-Case will randomly pop out of 4low. I've read this can be an issue of worn intermediate gear bearings or thrust washers but the t-case was rebuilt with all new bearings and thrust washers. I have zero power steering, I think I may have possibly put the pressure valve in the wrong way? But overall it's running better than before.

I promised the kids we would tool around our small property when I got it running enough to move. So I strapped them into the back seat and we went and played a little bit.

Afterwards I changed the oil and collected an oil sample to send off the to lab. I'll see how it's looking on this first unknown oil change.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Rollbar and bumperettes on, adjusted the idle screws on the carb, found out I assembled the power steering pump wrong so fixed that, and used one of my original cammie blouses to make a set of chain sleeves.

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

Not today but last weekend: I installed an auxiliary fuse and relay box, circuit breaker and 60A relay to keep power flowing only when the key is turned on.
finding places to mount stuff under the hood seems like the biggest challenge!
As soon as my switches come in the mail I have to come up with a mounting solution. I’m thinking of putting them in a plastic project box as I don’t want to cut holes in the interior and the frontier has no blank switch locations at all...none.
Ps. Thanks to those on OB who helped me understand relays. It made all the difference.

Reactions: Downs and Ubiety

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I'm doing the body and paint on my LJ and today I got to drive 5 km across town to have a windshield installed in the new frame. We were at 0*C when I left so I wore my warmest mask. I'm waving here to my son who took the pic but I also got to give a "Jeep wave" to a few startled Jeepers along the way.

20-11-19 3.JPG

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I'm doing the body and paint on my LJ and today I got to drive 5 km across town to have a windshield installed in the new frame. We were at 0*C when I left so I wore my warmest mask. I'm waving here to my son who took the pic but I also got to give a "Jeep wave" to a few startled Jeepers along the way.

View attachment 177410
awesome TJ. Are those the crappy tire led lights?

Reactions: PCO6

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

awesome TJ. Are those the crappy tire led lights?
Only the best! :grin: As my Dad used to say before rushing out on Christmas Eve to start his shopping ... "If I can't get it at Canadian Tire ... you're not getting it!".

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with LED's so for $140 for the pair (Alpena's) I thought I'd give them a try. They work OK. When they go I'll be looking for something better. They'll probably rust out before they burn out.

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Since I got back from my Wyoming pronghorn hunt, I put some lights on the Sportsmobile, and an antenna...

and a GMRS radio under the homebrew cup holder...

and finally installed in the water tank the deck plate that's been sitting around for about a year.

Last edited: