What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Finally mounted the RTT, and with decent weather we headed out for an overnight at a nearby state park.

View attachment 20172

Overnight was high 30s and the kids and wife are toasty upstairs. I am running a MrBuddy heater downstairs at low. Rain as we woke up so we got all the cooking and breakfast downstairs in the annex.
Nice, another tuff stuff. How do you like so far? We havent slept in ours yet but i cant wait!

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
Nice, another tuff stuff. How do you like so far? We havent slept in ours yet but i cant wait!
so i've only used it last weekend, but during that time, it got exposed to cold and rain. It performed really well.

the good:
- for the price you get the annex with heavy duty flooring, and the tent itself is no different than the other brands, i.e. all the same features you see on a Tepui or a CVT.
- the materials used are solid, packaging was great -- i expected less for a 'budget RTT'.
- i dig having the annex, i do a lot of trips with the family and we tend to stay on base camp at least 2 days. It also extends my camping on colder weather with a heater in the annex (warm air rises to the tent).
- My kids loved it!

the bad:
- the annex. It adds more time to install and as heavy as my ground tent (mostly due to the heavy material used on flooring)
- the weight, 130lbs i think -- so it's a pain getting it up there. I still need a better way to hoist this since i'd like to keep the Jeep in the garage, plus enjoy some topdown driving.
- the tuffstuff logo is a bit cheesy, and it's on all 4-sides of the cover. I like to keep things low-profile so i'll tape it off.
- i may need a ladder extension. Even with a relatively stock height on my Jeep, the ladder is close to vertical which makes it just tricky for the wife. I am not worried too much with the kids, they're monkeys.
- i went camping on a state park. RVers and ground tenters look at you like you landed a UFO.

we're still figuring out how to properly store all the sleeping stuff and still keep it easy to zip up the cover.

Reactions: TerryD

T4RWARRIOR

Rank III

Advocate II

I've been contemplating how to best mount the Maxtrax once the RTT was installed, as I'm keeping the driver side free for the impending awning install. Then it dawned on me to use the RTT straps by adding an extra length of webbing and buckles. Now I can also use the same lock for the shovel and Maxtrax. So far so good.
This is a great idea! I am planning on putting a RTT on my ride and have an awning on one side, and shovel and axe on the other. I was also trying to come up with a way to mount my Maxtrax and this is a great solution.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

so i've only used it last weekend, but during that time, it got exposed to cold and rain. It performed really well.

the good:
- for the price you get the annex with heavy duty flooring, and the tent itself is no different than the other brands, i.e. all the same features you see on a Tepui or a CVT.
- the materials used are solid, packaging was great -- i expected less for a 'budget RTT'.
- i dig having the annex, i do a lot of trips with the family and we tend to stay on base camp at least 2 days. It also extends my camping on colder weather with a heater in the annex (warm air rises to the tent).
- My kids loved it!

the bad:
- the annex. It adds more time to install and as heavy as my ground tent (mostly due to the heavy material used on flooring)
- the weight, 130lbs i think -- so it's a pain getting it up there. I still need a better way to hoist this since i'd like to keep the Jeep in the garage, plus enjoy some topdown driving.
- the tuffstuff logo is a bit cheesy, and it's on all 4-sides of the cover. I like to keep things low-profile so i'll tape it off.
- i may need a ladder extension. Even with a relatively stock height on my Jeep, the ladder is close to vertical which makes it just tricky for the wife. I am not worried too much with the kids, they're monkeys.
- i went camping on a state park. RVers and ground tenters look at you like you landed a UFO.

we're still figuring out how to properly store all the sleeping stuff and still keep it easy to zip up the cover.
Yeah we dont like the blaring logo so much, ours sits higher were our pillows are on the non hinged side. Also the cover loosens up a bit everytime you remove it.

Reactions: Jeepney

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Finally, finally! got my Hep's Designs roof rack mounted. Amateur's Tip: If someone offers bare steel for a slight discount, go for the powdercoated version. Spray painting it myself proved frustrating... I thought I was doing everything right, but I still have a few areas that are... less than perfect. Anyway, I like the rack:
20170403_135810.jpg
Also, blacked out my rear hatch "burger":
20170403_160933.jpg

GeorgiaandherJeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norwalk, CT
Member #

Started cleaning up the block on the Jeep for new head gaskets, exhaust manifolds and gaskets, thermostat, etc that goes along with the head gasket replacement. Tomorrow begins the reinstallation. Everything is in pretty great shape for more than 200k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Had a look at the rear body cross member it was an advisory on the last MoT. The rust worms have got to it with the body mount to far gone to repair and there's a hole appeared in the sills. So I've decided to take the disco 300 tdi off the road for a couple of months to replace the bottom of the cross member and fit box section sills to her.

Reactions: MS_Disco

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

At work...so I have been daydreaming..and drawing out plans for a front bumper..need to get the steel this week...ready to get this winch mounted..its been in the back of my truck for a week.

Reactions: Sonarman and Kelly